CM Special 58: 150 plugins, list of plugs now posted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been through the online issue quickly, and there's some stuff in there that, surprisingly, I never knew about.

Much of the plug list is, not surprisingly, x32 only stuff. However, it would be nice to have a list of the x64 plugs that are showcased. I couldn't find this list in my cursory review of the issue, though I know they did it in the last CM issue.

Does anyone know if this is provided somewhere?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

bharris22 wrote:I agree. I have spent more money on plugins than I care to admit, but have toyed with the idea of writing some songs/producing tracks with just CM plugins to see how they come out. My guess is that someone with enough knowledge (not me, unfortunately) can come up with close to a professional result just using the CM plugins.
In Computer Music 185's Plugins Reloaded feature, we make a complete track using only CM Plugins ;)

codec_spurt wrote:Anyway, I bagged a print copy of CM184. Still some left. I see that there is a Zinio digital edition. Does that mean that 'CM Studio' is not in the Vault to download if one buys that instead?
All issues of CM from CM182 onwards are in the Vault. The only thing you don't get in the Vault is our Producer Masterclass video (which is due to licensing restrictions and not because we don't want to give you it - but we're working on a solution!).

The Vault is available whether you bought the magazine digitally or in print. Check out page 5 (the Contents pages) and the big blue box on how to get the Vault content.

Here is an FAQ about our Vault download system:

http://bit.ly/cmvaultfaq

Lee CM wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Anyway, I bagged a print copy of CM184. Still some left. I see that there is a Zinio digital edition. Does that mean that 'CM Studio' is not in the Vault to download if one buys that instead?
All issues of CM from CM182 onwards are in the Vault. The only thing you don't get in the Vault is our Producer Masterclass video (which is due to licensing restrictions and not because we don't want to give you it - but we're working on a solution!).

The Vault is available whether you bought the magazine digitally or in print. Check out page 5 (the Contents pages) and the big blue box on how to get the Vault content.

Here is an FAQ about our Vault download system:

http://bit.ly/cmvaultfaq

:shock:

I was confused before, but I'm really confused now. :o

But the CM Studio is not available in the vault. Or rather it is if you bought an issue of CM184 or earlier, is that what you are saying? And because I bought CM187, and only then registered with the Vault, that was why I didn't have access to the 40+ plugins of CM Studio? And if CM182 and CM184 are in the Vault and CM Studio 'ceased to exist' with CM184, does that mean that the CM Studio exists on say CM182 and CM183? In the Vault, I mean.

So that would mean that the CM Studio IS in the Vault, but unless you bought a copy of CM184 or earlier, then one is not allowed access to it?

And when you say that CM Studio ceased to exist as of CM184, do you mean that it is on that magazine, or rather that it is NOT on that magazine? Which would imply that CM183 was the last issue to have the CM Studio? In which case, I've bought the wrong mag, and I should now buy CM183 to get the plugins. Would that be right?

This is becoming a bit of a holy grail. :lol:

Please let me know if I need to buy another issue to get the CM Studio. My fault really. I didn't realise the ambiguity of what you said on first look.

So if the CM Studio IS contained on CM184 which I've just bought, then I not only have it on the magazine, but I can get it from the Vault as well? If it's in there, that is.

I'm not being deliberately obtuse, I swear. :D

codec_spurt, I hope this helps you - you seem to be confusing yourself more than anything else :)

The vault contains the same files as are on the magazine DVD for that issue - not every issue's DVD contained every plugin ever released as a CM version as I think you observed yourself beforehand. That's why you don't get access to "CM Studio" in the vault unless you have bought issues 182-184. At least I assume it's up to 184 - at any rate, the 184 issue quite clearly says "CM Studio > 40 Applications and instruments" on the front cover (this from googling for a cover image). I have 186 registered and the Studio is definitely no longer included, but have some older print copies of CM (predating the vault) where the studio is included, I'm sure lee is right about the cut off being 184.

The idea of streamlining the plugins makes sense to me - some of the plugins in the CM Studio are very old and have been superseded by newer plugins - including freeware to be perfectly honest. Throw in the fact that a lot of people are allergic to 32-bit only plugins and the fact that space on a DVD is limited - well at some point you're going to have to start removing some of the content anyway.

Anyway, you probably just need to chillax - you should get access to the older plugins with issue 184 :)

sjm wrote:codec_spurt, I hope this helps you - you seem to be confusing yourself more than anything else :)

Anyway, you probably just need to chillax - you should get access to the older plugins with issue 184 :)
Nope, didn't confuse myself. Got confused by a lack of information and also wrong information as Lee himself apologized for in his email to me. :)

But that's by the by. If I seem like a dog with a bone. It's because I am. :D

And my man, I couldn't be more relaxed if I tried. I'm actually horizontal as we speak. Don't come much more chilled than that. Bit awkward typing though. Thankfully I can touch type, but it's still a bit more difficult. So is drinking a cup of tea.

:hihi:

It's really not a big deal to me. I won't read the mag, I won't install the plugins. I have paid for plugins by big name devs I haven't even tried to install yet. It's just insurance in case an old project comes up, and then I have the mag with all the old plugins on.

And if I am this confused after paying this much attention, then maybe someone not as gifted as me in the upstairs department might be struggling even more. Then again, I'm certainly no Einstein. :hihi:

Thanks for telling me about the plugins though on that issue. That didn't show up on the web page I got. I got three different renderings of the page in different browsers. With another browser or two not finding the issue I was looking for via search. Weird.

Anyway, that issue I just bought has some info on mid/side processing so even if I do have to get the other issue, then it's all good. I don't resent a thing.
And I'm a happy little fluffy bunny :love: .

It's Lee I feel sorry for. Dealing with ****wits like me. :hihi:

cheers.

Here's an overview of our plugins:

CM184 and earlier: Comes with 40+ "CM" plugins, some old, some new, some PC-only, some Mac, etc. This collection is called "CM Studio".

CM185 onward: Comes with 25+ "CM" plugins, all for PC and Mac. This collection is called "CM Plugins" - it's basically the "new name" for CM Studio. It has less plugins because we took out the ones that are PC- or Mac-only or that had compatibility problems with newer OSes, etc.

Here's an overview of our Vault download system:

All issues of CM from CM182 onwards have Vault content, whether you bought a print or digital issue. For each issue, the Vault contains the abovementioned plugins, samples, videos, etc. Each issue has its own Vault content.

Does that help?

how many of the 150 plugins are available on the Mac ?

How manmy are AU plugins ?

EDIT oh wait didnt read lol
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Browsing quickly through the 2,9GB download, this appears to be a round up of some of the best freeware available.

Deep breath, here come the list:

Drums tools:
Cubix
Hahaha DS-01
Manic
orDrumbox
SynthDrums
Virtual Kicklab XL

Sampler, Romplers and emulations:
Alchemy Player
Ancient Solfeggio
Bleep
Classic-H
Combo Model
DSK ChoirZ
DSK Guitar Steel
DSK Overture
HighLife
MrTramp2
Paax Pro
Piano One
Serenity Fre
Shortcircuit
TX16Wx
UVi Workstation
Vee One Samplv1

Utilities/Misc:
3-Way Channel Changer
Amplitude Imposer
Apollo
ASIO4All
AudioBox Baby
Blip 1000
Channels Mapper
Chordmem
Clocker
Cookies N'Beer
CycleShifter
Dig Dagger
Far Along
Finger Drummer
Gain Suite
Harmonical
Ion Buddy
Latency Fixer
LoopDrive
MIDI Life Crisis
MIDI Translator Classic Edition
MIDI Transpoer
MIDI-Controlled ADSR
MIDI-Filter Pro
MIDI-Filter
MIDISeq! 2.0
Rndwave! 1.2
s(M)exoscope
Tap!
VSTHost

Synthesizers:
A New World A New Day
Adder
Alpha-Ray
Altair 4
Analog Warfare 3
Catalyst
Crystal
Damatriks
FMMF
Hydra PL
Kamioooka
Kassiopeia!
Kx-PolyMod
Lightning Xylophone
MiniSynth Series
Plex 2
Plucked String
Poly-2106
SonicBirth
Square 1
SuperTron
SwarmSynth
TAL-Noisemaker
The Deputy Mark II
Trans Computer Maschine
Triangle II
Tyrell Nexus 6
UFO2
UltraSonique v1.1
Uniwave
WaveSim
Zebralette

Effects:
ADT
Argotlunar 2
BitterSweet II
bx_cleansweep V2
Camel Crusher
Crossover
Fragmental
Free Ranger
Frohmage
GSnap
KR-Reverb FS
LFX-1310
Machin
Niveau Filter
NorthPole
OldSkoolVerb
PFilter
Pianoverb
Poor Plate
PPD Echobox
RIAA Phono Equalizer
Rough Rider
TAL-Chorus-LX
TAL-Dub-III
TAL-Reverb-3
TAL-Tube
TAL-Vocoder
Triple EQ
Ultra Simple EQ
UpStereo
Vinyl
WatKat

Guitar Effects:
AmpliTube Custom Shop
BIGBox
British Valve Custom
Guitar Rig 5 Player
HyBrit
Le456
LeCab
LeGion
NRR-1
Torpedo PI CM Edition
TS-999 SubScreamer

DAWs:
Reaper (trial version)
energyXT2.5 Core CM edition
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For those looking for exclusive software, I'm thinking these included plugins are that:

Concrete FX Adder (selling for $37)

Synapse Plucked String (included with Orion)

Just curious, does this include a reaper license, or just a demo? I already have a license, but this could be an incredible deal for anyone looking to get a new host.

Panphobia wrote:Just curious, does this include a reaper license, or just a demo? I already have a license, but this could be an incredible deal for anyone looking to get a new host.
Nope, unfortunately:
The version of REAPER included with Computer Music Special 58 is a trial shareware version
But I believe owners of this CM issue, can upgrade to energyXT full version for just €29

Anyone know if Amplitube Custom is included in the disc, or just the download link? Might be worth picking up at the newsstand just for that...(still using dial-up).
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Cuauhtli wrote:Anyone know if Amplitube Custom is included in the disc, or just the download link? Might be worth picking up at the newsstand just for that...(still using dial-up).
There is a 300 MB installer in the Amplitube folder, so I guess it is included on the disc.

Guys, what is Torpedo PI CM Edition? Never heard about it.

Edit: is BIGBox == free redwirez Marshall 1960A ?

Return to “Instruments”