Out in the Garden - What Tomorrow Brings

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm new here. I like pressing buttons.

What Tomorrow Brings

http://soundcloud.com/outinthegarden/wh ... row-brings

This is the first thing I've finished in many years. I have absolutely no idea what genre it is or anything. I guess sort of pseudo RJD2 ish with an odd twist. It's probably what happens when someone who likes a bit of everything tries to make music.

Please try to see past the bad mixing, I've only got headphones right now and am just trying to finally finish some music.

Cheers

I'm having a little trouble understanding how you made this, given the number of instruments involved, but its brilliant and I loved every bit of it. I listened 9 times and then remixed it as an homage; see your PMs 8)

I'd classify the genre as WRFWHWD (what Robert Fripp wish he were doing) :hihi:

Yep - brilliant.

Excellent! Really enjoyed listening to that, so much inventive stuff happening!

Fantastic! :)

Gotta say that this is very good indeed. ZZ Top meets King Crimson. Prog is not dead. I really liked the cello parts. They gave it a really moody feel, but the whole track was excellent.

Good work :)

Holy crap that's cool. Nicely done
As far as mixing feedback - the phones are probably keeping the stereo field a little narrow, but no matter; its a groovy beast.
..what goes around comes around..

Very nice. The opening reminded me a bit of Moby's Play, with that dance-y approach to old blues.

Great blend of instruments and styles. (Except that flute and oboe. They are too thin sounding compared to the rest of the mix.)

Victor.

I'm sort of mindblown. Didn't expect many responses if any at all, and certainly not this all-out praise. I wasn't quite happy with how this track turned out and now the bar for what I dare to release into the world in the future is set even higher. Guess that can be a good thing though.

As for the production of this; it's all stuff I sampled sliced up to varying degrees and then played on an MPD24. I am unfortunately not the next Robert Fripp. Like I said, I just like pressing buttons. :p

this is just utterly fantastic, i love it. more. now!

neil.

I'm no expert and surely haven't mustered the courage to post my stuff so just my 2 cents; First, Kudos to you for the post!

Artistically you have evoked multiple emotions with this piece; I love it, I can't stand it, I love it again. Good job at bringing out the feelings! Overall I enjoyed the listen and the mix is good. I felt like the instruments held their own place.

The riffs in the rock part were great. I guess it was about the middle of the song I became disinterested ( a bit) but when you came back with the rock part I felt energy again. All the instruments during these parts seemed to be melding together wonderfully.

I look forward to hearing your next piece. Thanks for sharing!

Happy musiking!
dsan

Return to “Music Cafe”