ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

Bring it on. Does the demo get patched at the same time?

No problems with b23 here.
You are currently reading my signature.

b23 good here.

scook wrote:Bring it on. Does the demo get patched at the same time?
Yup.

I just grabbed the VintageVerb yesterday and may i say what an awesome sounding reverb , talk about value for money and quality , thanks Sean :-)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Sure, bring it on, 'cept for those cosmetic glitches I mentioned to you, Sean, where I switched to the Sanctuary mode and my jaw dropped and hit the desk. That kind reverberant reflex could be reduced with a warning label. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:Sure, bring it on, 'cept for those cosmetic glitches I mentioned to you, Sean, where I switched to the Sanctuary mode and my jaw dropped and hit the desk. That kind reverberant reflex could be reduced with a warning label. :D
So, that's good, right?

This is the problem with giving up caffeine: I'm pretty much humor impaired until early afternoon.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:If Random Space and Chamber sound good on orchestral stuff, then Chorus Space should sound good as well (as it essentially a cross between Random Space and Chamber). Just turn down the Mod Rate or Mod Depth.
Hmmm, somehow I can't get satisfying, less artificial sounding results with Chorus Space. Whatever I do, it will sound..well, chorus-ey. :D

I use this homemade preset currently on a project (hybrid orchestral/synth cue for a trailer) and it works well for me:

Yes, it's good, Sean. But I worry about your strict de-caffeination regime. I fear for the future of UberMod, not just morning humor.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Cimbasso wrote:
valhallasound wrote:If Random Space and Chamber sound good on orchestral stuff, then Chorus Space should sound good as well (as it essentially a cross between Random Space and Chamber). Just turn down the Mod Rate or Mod Depth.
Hmmm, somehow I can't get satisfying, less artificial sounding results with Chorus Space. Whatever I do, it will sound..well, chorus-ey. :D

I use this homemade preset currently on a project (hybrid orchestral/synth cue for a trailer) and it works well for me:

Just in case you don't know about this feature (and you may already know this, but it gives me an opportunity to talk about this again), you can click the name of the current preset and select "Copy to clipboard." This will allow you to paste the preset into a forum post.

Sean Costello

mandolarian wrote:Yes, it's good, Sean. But I worry about your strict de-caffeination regime. I fear for the future of UberMod, not just morning humor.
Well, weed is LEGAL here now, so we'll see what this bodes for the future of Valhalla plugins.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:Just in case you don't know about this feature (and you may already know this, but it gives me an opportunity to talk about this again), you can click the name of the current preset and select "Copy to clipboard." This will allow you to paste the preset into a forum post.

Sean Costello
Completely forgot about it. So in case someone is interested:

<ValhallaVintageVerb pluginVersion="1.0.0" presetName="My Hall" Mix="1" PreDelay="0.270000011" Decay="0.34799999" Size="0.870000005" Attack="0.699999988" BassMult="0.44600001" BassXover="0.455000013" HighShelf="0" HighFreq="0.405000001" EarlyDiffusion="0.649999976" LateDiffusion="1" ModRate="0.157000005" ModDepth="0.25" HighCut="0.324000001" LowCut="0" ColorMode="1" ReverbMode="0.166666672"/>

Sean, is Late diffusion of 100% suitable for this or some other value would be better? Sounds fine to my ears.

Cimbasso wrote:
valhallasound wrote:Just in case you don't know about this feature (and you may already know this, but it gives me an opportunity to talk about this again), you can click the name of the current preset and select "Copy to clipboard." This will allow you to paste the preset into a forum post.

Sean Costello
Completely forgot about it. So in case someone is interested:

<ValhallaVintageVerb pluginVersion="1.0.0" presetName="My Hall" Mix="1" PreDelay="0.270000011" Decay="0.34799999" Size="0.870000005" Attack="0.699999988" BassMult="0.44600001" BassXover="0.455000013" HighShelf="0" HighFreq="0.405000001" EarlyDiffusion="0.649999976" LateDiffusion="1" ModRate="0.157000005" ModDepth="0.25" HighCut="0.324000001" LowCut="0" ColorMode="1" ReverbMode="0.166666672"/>

Sean, is Late diffusion of 100% suitable for this or some other value would be better? Sounds fine to my ears.
Late Diffusion of 100% shouldn't create much coloration in the Chamber mode, especially with a large Size setting. The Early Diffusion is more likely to cause coloration in this mode, and I see that you have this turned down to a sensible 65%.

Sean Costello

Great. I presume that the same doesn't apply to Random Space algo?

Cimbasso wrote:Great. I presume that the same doesn't apply to Random Space algo?
Late Diffusion doesn't do anything in Random Space. The Early Diffusion is much longer in Random Space, so adjustments to this control will have a profound effect on the attack of the reverb.

Sean Costello

Return to “Effects”