Touch

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is the title track, from a remix of my entire fawm 2013 album: Touch

here's the jukebox player and download site for the album. also to be uploaded are cover art and lyrics, and a .zip file of the entire album with cover art and lyrics.

unlike the earlier recordings that made up this album, this demo has a consistent ampsim (poulin lecto) on the guitar across all songs.

the mixbus is consistent on every track: filters, jb red phatt pro, bootsy ferrictds, buzmaxi3, and voxengo span (so i could keep a bit of an eye on things).

the earlier tracks had a low shelf at anywhere from 80hz to 110hz. the low shelf on this new series is at 70hz, and it all seems to 'pump' a bit better than before. ymmv of course.

'major changes' on the individual tracks include:

touch: new, different outro
magic: glithed-out 2nd guitar solo
never leave: gsnap on the guitar solo (was playing in the unfamiliar, 11th fret position and lost my way during the solo); more overall 'grooviness' (adjusted timing of vocals/guitar)

my favorites are probably: oxen free, touch, and never leave.

i always say this; but this is my 'best batch yet'. ok... see you around...

edit: additional links

extra files (cover art and lyrics): http://archive.org/details/TouchExtraFiles

.zip of songs, including cover art and lyrics: http://archive.org/details/TouchAlbumIn ... tAndLyrics

Nice 'tron intro, and the guitar sounds nice and "weighty". I like the mix on here too. The vocals come through clearly and the solo guitar has its own space in the mix. In fact all instruments seem to be very well defined on here.

Windmills?

Cool track 8)

'windmills'.. say what? lol

indeed, there was a bit of inspiration in there at the end, from windmills.

glad you liked the mix, etc.

dynamically, this album apparently has next to none, but it does seem to have a certain clarity.

I just figured out your muse for this song and "Princess Singer" is a Cambodian singer named Touch Sreynich. A bit obsessive. :shock:

Onto the actual music. I think it is another good tune. The mix sounds clear.

I might like to hear a tighter, edited version of this without the mellotron intro (but keeping the mellotron outro) and a shortened Hallelujah-guitar solo section.

http://soundcloud.com/touch-sreynich/sr ... srok-khmer

FrantzM wrote:
Onto the actual music. I think it is another good tune. The mix sounds clear.

I might like to hear a tighter, edited version of this without the mellotron intro (but keeping the mellotron outro) and a shortened Hallelujah-guitar solo section.

+1 The intro was a bit too long, and I almost tuned out..hallelujahs went on a bit long to my taste, but the singing, playing and mix are really nice. Respect for dowing FAWN, I'm not that disciplined, especially if I commit to it..I feel almost paralyzed and can't do anything.

^what he said. (on all points) I love the feel of the piece.
..what goes around comes around..

The introchords are great. Did not expect it to turn into a rock track. Well played sir.

I like it :)

great tune. as others said the intro was a little too long but apart from that i can't fault it. excellent.

neil.

previously, the intro was actually a separate chord progression. the song goes 1543 (in 'natural minor').

the former intro was something like 13467235612457134672

due to popular demand, the intro was shortened, and uses 1543 instead of the previous sequence. the 'melotronizer' is elektrostudio tapetronic. love the 'bias' control!

also, i've updated:

battle in seattle: more volume on vocals; better dialed in the 'groove' between guitar/drums.

unemployment blues: more volume on vocals

also, the embedded mp3 pictures now vary between each song.

jukebox upload finished...beginning upload of .zip file...

cheers!

mrblitz wrote:the former intro was something like 13467235612457134672
:zzz:
mrblitz wrote: due to popular demand, the intro was shortened, and uses 1543 instead of the previous sequence.

Now that's a chord progression I can understand! Much better. Cut to the chase and kick off the tune while we're still awake. :)

I liked this all around, but there was a tiny bit I backed up to hear several times: when the solo/lead ends around 2:35, the guitar from there to 2:45 just sounds wonderful to me. Good stuff. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

I liked everything about this! No complaints about the arrangement here. I really liked that the chaotic arrangement mirrored the neurotic energy in the track, feeling as if it could go anywhere at any time. You have a great voice too. Gonjasufi is the only vocal reference point I can conjure.

Return to “Music Cafe”