Taste of Camel, sampler for Alchemy, get it free or $15

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

However, there is another bug or glitch.

If I put two copies of "Taste of Camel" in my shopping cart, the price goes to zero.

But get error again when I try to check out with paypal.

Man, is there no way I can get myself a freebie :D :oops:

Well, you gotta give it a shot :)

The first was a genuine bug, I think this one is not something we expected. I will ask for it to be fixed ASAP :)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The first was a genuine bug, I think this one is not something we expected.
Expect the unexpected from the bargain hunters :D

First pack is free?
:hihi:

:roll:
:?
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

Camel Player free library + Taste of Camel for £10 is certainly a treat not to be missed :)

Ben [Camel Audio] wrote:
vurt wrote:i thought this was going to be about findus lasagne.
:D :D
Yeah that made me laugh too.

There is another bug with your cart system. Add a bundle of sounds (for instance, I selected ALL of the drum and bass titles with the 'buy all 6 add to cart' button at the bottom of the page.

then start removing individual titles starting at the top. The count for each title will now change to a descending 1 - 6 copies in their current cart order.

So you will have 1 copy of the first title in your cart, 2 copies of the 2nd listed title in your cart, 3 copies of the 3rd listed title in your cart, etc.

Do I get camel credits for this discovery? :ud:

Numanoid wrote:However, there is another bug or glitch.

If I put two copies of "Taste of Camel" in my shopping cart, the price goes to zero.

But get error again when I try to check out with paypal.

Man, is there no way I can get myself a freebie :D :oops:
You should get camel credits for that too. Good find!

does anyone know if i can use the camel taste without upgrading player to the newest version? I am on 10.5.8 on my mac. thanks. :)
Why'd you slice off my hand?

megadude wrote:does anyone know if i can use the camel taste without upgrading player to the newest version? I am on 10.5.8 on my mac. thanks. :)
Taste of Camel requires v1.55.0 because the presets are in the new format used by the browser. We do not have a version of this sound library that works with v1.25 or earlier.

Regarding OS 10.5.8, as long as you have an Intel Mac it is quite likely the plugin will run without any problems. We advise caution because it's not officially supported, but all testing has shown that the plugin works fine in all of the major hosts (Logic, Live, Reaper, Studio One) and we have a few people who are running successfully on Leopard.

The most likely problem you will run in to is the installer failing to extract the Camel Sounds content. This is easily solved by using a utility like unrarx or simply RAR to extract the contents manually to the Alchemy data folder.

If you need more info about this please contact support. I will be away for a few days so it may have to wait until Monday before you get a reply, but Chris might be able to help.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

It's a trap! Taste of Camel is a great way to entice me to buy the full sets.

BTW, it's odd that Camel takes the number of presets in a set and multiplies it by the number of remix pads to get the number of variations. There are many nice sounds between the pads. Alchemy Player can also tweak the sounds further, as relevant parameters are are available by preset. With the CM bank, bonus bank, Planet Earth, Taste of Camel, Factory Selection and banks I've purchased (discounted with camel credits), it's weird to me that I'm thinking of buying more banks.
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version, loaded it into Sonar X2 and am watching the "Scanner" take forever to scan.
Is this normal?

Grum. :?

...and it is still scanning!!!!

Grum. :shock:

Grumbleweed wrote:...and it is still scanning!!!!

Grum. :shock:
And it's finished :D

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
megadude wrote:does anyone know if i can use the camel taste without upgrading player to the newest version? I am on 10.5.8 on my mac. thanks. :)
Taste of Camel requires v1.55.0 because the presets are in the new format used by the browser. We do not have a version of this sound library that works with v1.25 or earlier.

Regarding OS 10.5.8, as long as you have an Intel Mac it is quite likely the plugin will run without any problems. We advise caution because it's not officially supported, but all testing has shown that the plugin works fine in all of the major hosts (Logic, Live, Reaper, Studio One) and we have a few people who are running successfully on Leopard.

The most likely problem you will run in to is the installer failing to extract the Camel Sounds content. This is easily solved by using a utility like unrarx or simply RAR to extract the contents manually to the Alchemy data folder.

If you need more info about this please contact support. I will be away for a few days so it may have to wait until Monday before you get a reply, but Chris might be able to help.
Please see my posts! :)

Return to “Soundware”