Can Shreddage do this? (Same MIDI note, different strings)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Andrew,

What I'm trying to do here is pretty simple - I need to trigger the sample of the 5th fret of the D string followed by the sample of the open G string - same note, but clearly different timbres. When drawing my MIDI notes, the only thing I can do is draw two sequential G notes... but that just triggers the sample of the same fret on the guitar twice in a row, and it sounds very different than if it were played on a guitar. Is there a way, either in the Shreddage engine or my DAW MIDI editor, to force the first G note to trigger the sample of the 5th fret of the D string and second G note to trigger the open G string?

I just spoke with the developer of a competing guitar sample library that I also own and he says unfortunately his engine can't do it unless I have a MIDI Guitar with each string going to 6 different channels. That ain't gonna work for me :(

Thanks.

With string selection keyswitches you can control which string is used.

This MIDI file will achieve what you are trying to do.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17038921/g.MID

Additionally, using 6 instances of Shreddage 2 in combination of the above Keyswitches, you can emulate total string control.

Thanks Soundoutsource!!

Now if only Shreddage had an acoustic guitar version! I'm trying to do this on an acoustic guitar!

Thanks again.

You can do that on Ilya Efimov's Acoustic Guitar.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”