Are the factory basses in Lush 101 weak compared to the rest of the presets which are sooo good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cain wrote::hyper: :hyper: looking for to these rob 8)
Thanks Cain

Ah this is the type of synth that i can't wait to do the audio demos for. I think we'll start of in banks of 64 here. That way i can plan a whole series, different genres for all.. this thing is cool at doing Ambient stuff, i'm well into chillout stuff lately as well as the usual housey trance etc.. will let you guys know..

The cover art is already done Cain, here:

Rob

Aiynzahev wrote:Theo we've been told!

lol. It's is a great, great synth, I mean the sound is just incredible and I realized that when I did the A.M demo, it's not that easy to get other synths to make such musical sounds, but I did feel straight off the bat that it's a tad thin in the bass, maybe it's just my ears though. Definitely enough bass for me, but I think I have some other synths that give a bit more oomph.

well at this point until we hear some examples it's still only a matter of opinion (and then might continue to be so anyway)

It's not just about the deep subs to me, it's about when you only need one bass for a song being punchy and phat enough.

I look forward to trying presets from others, there is no rush as i said, as i'm not going to lose any money on this, so i'll be totally patient.

:)

TheoM wrote: well at this point until we hear some examples it's still only a matter of opinion (and then might continue to be so anyway)
Everything is only a matter of opinion mate.. what suits one may not suit another. You just need to spend some time with the synth Theo, maybe program your own sounds too and save money. I like to see more and more people programming their own sounds, it's satisfying to hear how others work. I'm sure you could also make great sounds if you sit and learn the synth ;-)
Save money Theo - roll your own as they say!

Rob

Not interested in doing that from an ini patch, but I do learn more about a synth's parameters than i give myself credit for here, for tweaking..

But yeah, I have one goal in my mind when i have logic open, writing music.. not sound designing. I will help make a sound fit if i can hear the basic thing i am looking for is there, but that's it mate.

People have been telling me this for ten years now and it will never change, i can guarantee you there is no point in even trying Rob.

TheoM wrote: People have been telling me this for ten years now and it will never change, i can guarantee you there is no point in even trying Rob.
Sure Theo i see your point here :-) Anyways i'll carry on with the first bank i'm inspired today.. happy music making.

Rob

I purchased the "Lush Life" presets from vintage synth pads and have to
say they are outstanding, one of the best sets of presets I have heard.
There are so many useful sounds, over 260 and well worth the price.
Phat basses, very LUSH pads, tons of awesome stuff!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote:I purchased the "Lush Life" presets from vintage synth pads and have to
Very nice audio demos by whoever made these. 260 presets? Pffft i'd be on 4 months doing that many. I like their pad sounds and i think LuSH does them very very well.

Rob

Sparky77 wrote:I purchased the "Lush Life" presets from vintage synth pads and have to
OK will definitely give that a go then.

Thanks for the tip. I see they often have 30% off on a particular bank at one time so will wait for the right time and grab em.

Someone had done an A/B several months ago
http://soundcloud.com/zenpunkhippy/d16- ... -vs-sh-101
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

rob_lee wrote:
TheoM wrote: People have been telling me this for ten years now and it will never change, i can guarantee you there is no point in even trying Rob.
Sure Theo i see your point here :-) Anyways i'll carry on with the first bank i'm inspired today.. happy music making.

Rob
Thanks for being the first sound designer ever to accept my point of view! :)

Of course i look forward to your bank, i know precisely what your capable of.

electro wrote:Someone had done an A/B several months ago
http://soundcloud.com/zenpunkhippy/d16- ... -vs-sh-101
It's amazing how far we've come isn't it Ladies & Gentlemen?

:clap:

Well there are clear differences OzEozEre, the question is, which one is the synth and which the hardware.

I could be wrong.. but in the very first bass demo, to me the second on was very weak and the sort of example that prompted this thread. I.e i picked the opening sound as the hardware.

Were the results posted?

I must say, I was unimpressed with demo back when it was highly restricted, but I picked it up over the holidays with their winter sale, and once you figure what the LuSH-101 actually is, it's a monster. And it's very, very good. I'd say it's easily on par with Diva as far as quality goes.

As for basses, yeah, the presets lack some low-end punch, but that's definitely a factor of the preset and not the capability of the synth itself. Sami, I'd love a Flight Path 2 with some low-end punch and how about some techno sounds too - your Flight Path 1 is a must-buy for any LuSH owner.

Phase47 wrote:
As for basses, yeah, the presets lack some low-end punch, but that's definitely a factor of the preset and not the capability of the synth itself.
Terrific.

The thing that confuses me though is that the pads and sequences are amongst the best i ever heard for factory presets of an algorithmic VA, so i thought to myself, it must be the synth, because they obviously have programmed everything else so well!

I am trying to explain hopefully why i presumed the bass was weak and hence the topic.

But since the discussion seems to go towards the bass being very capable, i really look forward to hearing some,

and pretty much tend to trust the fine folk at KVR that it's the factory presets bass wise that aren't hitting the jackpot.

:)

Phase47 wrote: Sami, I'd love a Flight Path 2 with some low-end punch and how about some techno sounds too - your Flight Path 1 is a must-buy for any LuSH owner.
Thanks! Like Rob said it's the kind of synth you look forward to working on. I had a really good time making Flight Path but when it was over I realized a synth like this can really put out so many sounds that you just couldn't cover it in one bank. So FP2, well I was waiting on D16 to see if they would ramp up the Mod section a little. I might send them a message and find out what their aim is here.

But I've been feeling for a little while that it might be time to go back to LuSH, it's certainly proving itself I've noticed it becoming more and more established.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”