No more De La Mancha!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agreed, I think a lot of people would like a going out of business sale.

Ghostwave wrote:
TheoM wrote:... you should at least say something publicly to give people (like Ghostwave for example) who have lost their installers permission to get them from another user if you won't help them, ...
Theo,

I contacted Steve last night and he said he would send me the updated dll.
As to your question regarding freeware/payware, I think Steve still has everything. It's just the database that's screwed.

The difficulty with providing links to payware is that they are tied to user accounts and each customer has bought different plugins.

I have all the DLM plugins (20 FX and 10 instruments) and they total 1.26 GB, including all the audio files.

What Steve could do though, is to make all his payware available for free to any previous DLM customer, regardless of what they bought.
For the rest of the people, he could sell all the plugins as a bundle for a limited time.
I think that way, everyone would be happy and he would get some more money from his great work.
Just my 2 cents.
well exactly. it was just like, it's over, i can't help you. that's what it says right on his website.

Did he use paypal? all purchase history would be in there.

If not your idea is fine as it wouldn't really hurt him financially if he was quitting anyway.. so paying customers get a temporary link, or like i said if they can prove they own it to someone else, to be given permission to get installer from another customer.

If this happened to me, i would have written that note with a big difference... temporary setback, but i will provide support to all customers for a limited time, yada yada yada.

But that just doesn't happen ever. It never has. if a plug in dev closes, it happens like this every time. It's really sad.

bad news indeed for everyone. lots of sweet freebies and cheap effective tools.

sad to hear. seemed like a really cool developer.
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Thanks for the plugin's and good luck
Musica Ex Machina: "I am all bionic except my voice"

So long and thanks for all the fish.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I just got back up and running after years of not having a music production system... Just last week I got in touch with Steve to help me fill the gaps in my DLM backups... Now this? so sorry to hear this news... Best to you and all you do in the future. You can bet I will keep an eye out for any future efforts, Steve!!!

FWIW, I already have a few of your plugins, but if you were to offer a complete bundle for a reasonable price, I would certainly want to take advantage of it. Food for thought.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Theo has a good point there imho.

I bought lots of dlM stuff and always thought they where rather "save" because I knew I could download them again from my personal dlM account when needed. I even asked to add the plugins that I bought prior to his new website account system to also add those licenses to my new account. So I had everything in one place. And so he did :)

And now it's like *Oops! Bye!* :lol: and *bang* all gone..

Steve,
it was a pleasure to collaborate with you when we shared ideas about what became later Ditto.

Good luck and thanks for all your creativity.

Ciao
Francesco

Thanks for all the kind words and wishes :hug:

As for the lack of future download links, Theo you're making a bigger deal out of this than needed (Thanks Captain Consumer Crusader!)

- Everyone who bought a plugin received it
- Everyone in the past who needed a new link got one
- All plugins will continue to work for an unlimited time

No-one has been ripped off, or not given what they paid for. You can put your underwear back under your trousers and take that cape off Theo

I'm sorry that some customers feel let down that I cannot provide you a personal backup service for all historic purchases.

Of course I will try to help out where it is reasonably possible, like I did with Ghostwave. What I can't promise anyone (and never did) is that all your purchases can be downloaded again in the future.

I highly recommend everyone who bought a plugin from me to make a back-up copy of the installer. Like you would for plugins from any developer.

de la Mancha wrote:I highly recommend everyone who bought a plugin from me to make a back-up copy of the installer. Like you would for plugins from any developer.
Just checked, I have most of them backed up in my e-mail, only missing the GTO/GTA/GTX/QB3 Bundle (because they where probably too large to send as attachement) :oops:

de la Mancha wrote:Thanks for all the kind words and wishes :hug:

As for the lack of future download links, Theo you're making a bigger deal out of this than needed (Thanks Captain Consumer Crusader!)

No-one has been ripped off, or not given what they paid for. You can put your underwear back under your trousers and take that cape off Theo

I'm sorry that some customers feel let down that I cannot provide you a personal backup service for all historic purchases.

Of course I will try to help out where it is reasonably possible, like I did with Ghostwave. What I can't promise anyone (and never did) is that all your purchases can be downloaded again in the future.

I highly recommend everyone who bought a plugin from me to make a back-up copy of the installer. Like you would for plugins from any developer.
Seems plausible enough to me (being the proud owner of one weird sound-destroying payware delamancha plugin of which I have several backups on several hdds :)). I don't know where that strange assumption comes from, that a software plugin-developer does have all kinds of additional moral obligations besides the contractual ones.

The normal process of buying something is: You buy it, you pay for it, you get it. That's it. Why - unless something else is explicitly promised - should it be different in the world of software instruments ? I don't get it.

de la Mancha wrote:Thanks for all the kind words and wishes :hug:

Never said anyone has been ripped off. Don't put words into my mouth. I found your departure a little harsh but now that you are saying you will try to help out where possible, that's cool. Read your original note.. you basically offered no help to anyone that may need it, and THAT'S what i was commenting on. Don't flip it now back at me. And i never said i felt indefinite support was fair, just a short window for anyone who needs the stuff, they now have the foresight that your business is over so it's 100% up to them to make multiple backups in case of drive failure, or whatever.

Underwear? pfft. I haven't worn that for 22 years.

In fact i don't wear much at all..

:hihi:

Fortunately you said 'worn' not 'washed'.

Return to “Effects”