What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Treble Recorder from Tronsonic

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 am Treble Recorder from Tronsonic

Hi everyone - this one's a very cleanly recorded pack, using an ex-BBC Preco F500 at 15ips to new 'old-stock' quarter inch tape, through my custom made 'bottlizer' valve stage.

Image

The usual 5 presets - with a couple of sound-designery weird ones.
The interface features the regular microtape tape degrader tools, plus ADSR, vibrato,expression,saturation and reverb.

https://soundcloud.com/tronsonic-1/micr ... e-recorder

Each patch also has a subtle random pitch and sample start function, so as to avoid the 'machine-gun' effect. There's also a slight pitch rise linked to aftertouch, to mimic the rise in pitch when the recorder is blown harder.

The full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.4 needed.

Microtape 14 is available for only £2.99 at Tronsonic or at Treble Recorder - Sampleism

More tapes tomorrow - a psychedelic autoharp (plus a freebie to go with it)
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi - I've just had a little time to create this demo using 5 of the microtapes together - mountain water, dirty cymbals, rhodetron, spongebridge bass and the treble recorder - hopefully this gives an idea as to how the instruments sit and work together in a mix(albeit sparse). Essentially these can be seen as new (and very clean at times) virtual mellotron style tapebanks - so fans of the tron do please give this a listen .

Each microtape (for Kontakt full version 4.2.4 or later) features full control over how damaged you'd like the tape to sound..

https://soundcloud.com/tronsonic-1/5-mi ... er-numbers

These sounds can be bought for as little as £2.99 per instruments from
www.tronsonic.com

Thanks (do sign up by the way if you're interested - I'll be sending another freebie soon to members).
gavriloP
KVRist
 
175 posts since 3 Feb, 2005

Postby gavriloP; Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 am

I just bought this thing last week and it is great! Perhaps not for renaissance fares but for stuff like italian 70s prog rock this thing fits perfectly. I also bought casiotone harp and rhodetron and I'm in love! Big thanks! :)

Treble Recorder actually salvaged one of my songs, I was going nuts with the arrangement but this little beast fixed everything...

When I said 70s italian prog, I meant stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIrLxc4ylOQ
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 am

gavriloP wrote:I just bought this thing last week and it is great! Perhaps not for renaissance fares but for stuff like italian 70s prog rock this thing fits perfectly. I also bought casiotone harp and rhodetron and I'm in love! Big thanks! :)

Treble Recorder actually salvaged one of my songs, I was going nuts with the arrangement but this little beast fixed everything...




Excellent - really glad it's come in handy:) - yes - prog was what inspired it actually - I like a bit of that myself....been listening to a lot of gentle giant lately (they like a bit of recorder too)..was looking for a suitable youtube clip but thought I'd just have to show this one (no recorder, but very entertaining drummer:)..superb!
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnjfFhKOTzM[/url]
gavriloP
KVRist
 
175 posts since 3 Feb, 2005

Postby gavriloP; Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

Yes! I really have a soft spot for old prog in my heart, especially Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Van der Graaf Generator. But there were so many great bands that mind boggles...

That Gentle Giant video brought to my mind this amazing TV live from early seventies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPDvjUYFy4

VDGG really showed that you don't need guitars to rock if you have right attitude. I think this video has plenty of "tronsonic" sounds ;)
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 pm

VDGG - love them :)
Been getting into this lot lately...and this one features recorders:)
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cglAk-JXq4[/url]
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am

Just to mention that there's a 48 hour sale at Tronsonic
Everything is 50% off until this Friday at 6.00pm GMT.

Also, a new lower price for Tronto and DCO of £16.99 each, which includes VCO free with either pack - so only £8.50 during the sale.

The discount code is 505050

Please take full advantage of the sale, and if you're on the fence and wondered about my sounds, now's certainly a good time to try.


Many thanks for your continued support - some great projects in the pipeline I'm pleased to report:)
atb, Rob
gavriloP
KVRist
 
175 posts since 3 Feb, 2005

Postby gavriloP; Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 am

Heh, I just bought Clavinet and Autoharp samples :) I am really looking forward to your new adventures in vintage audio...

Man, these are just so cool and with prices like this I feel like kid in a candystore, way back in time... thanks for that!
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 am

gavriloP wrote:Heh, I just bought Clavinet and Autoharp samples :) I am really looking forward to your new adventures in vintage audio...

Man, these are just so cool and with prices like this I feel like kid in a candystore, way back in time... thanks for that!


Thanks very much. Yes - pick'n'mix :)

Just to also say to those that might wonder - not all of my packs are dripping tape ooze and warble....some are very cleanly recorded (like the treble recorder or glockowonko)...and some haven't touched tape at all (like DCO and VCO, which use tape impulse responses and a tape saturation effect). I appreciate the need for contrast in music, so feel it's as important to provide very cleanly recorded instruments as well as the deep characterful ones...there'll be more clean packs too soon - now that the tape degrader is available (in the microtapes), you can dial in your own damage.
A tape utility nki will be available soon too (hiss, noise etc for you to blend with the other nkis).
gavriloP
KVRist
 
175 posts since 3 Feb, 2005

Postby gavriloP; Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:28 am

tsonic wrote:
gavriloP wrote:Heh, I just bought Clavinet and Autoharp samples :) I am really looking forward to your new adventures in vintage audio...

Man, these are just so cool and with prices like this I feel like kid in a candystore, way back in time... thanks for that!


Thanks very much. Yes - pick'n'mix :)

Just to also say to those that might wonder - not all of my packs are dripping tape ooze and warble....some are very cleanly recorded (like the treble recorder or glockowonko)...and some haven't touched tape at all (like DCO and VCO, which use tape impulse responses and a tape saturation effect). I appreciate the need for contrast in music, so feel it's as important to provide very cleanly recorded instruments as well as the deep characterful ones...there'll be more clean packs too soon - now that the tape degrader is available (in the microtapes), you can dial in your own damage.
A tape utility nki will be available soon too (hiss, noise etc for you to blend with the other nkis).


Yep, I noticed that some of them are clean but then again true vintage audio was many times very "clean" :) It is the whole aesthetics that make it and like you said, the contrast. Your stuff is great because it really blends to the 60s and 70s sounding stuff like "a real thing". That is actually great thing because most of modern sample libraries don't really do that. Or at least they need a lots of processing with EQ, tape sims etc. These things fit right in, straight out of the box.

Of course this stuff could be used on modern sounding stuff too, but I am just lost in the world of old :)
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 am

gavriloP wrote:
Of course this stuff could be used on modern sounding stuff too, but I am just lost in the world of old :)


Me too:) But I try to stand (well, sit most of the time) firmly in the present - fusing the old with the new is very inspiring to me.

It's def good not to dismiss certain 'old' sounds or styles of production too quickly, just because trend/fashion suggests you should. It all comes round again in the end, and I think the production in music from the late 60s to early 70s has never been beaten..so that's what I aspire to (and am inspired by) with Tronsonic.

Anyway..
Just over 24 hours left of the sale - thanks very much indeed to all those so far who have taken advantage ...proceeds going towards new gear of course!
nickman
KVRist
 
55 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from United Kingdom

Postby nickman; Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 am

Just bought Tronto, DCO, (+ VCO free) organatron and a load of the micro packs (4,5,8,9,10,12,13,14) - (11 free) - impressed by the demos and really good value - all at half price - £38 total!

A few hours left in the 50% sale (ends today 6:00 pm UK) so recommended to check them out :)

(you will need min full Kontakt 5 for the synths and full Kontakt 4 for the micro packs)

Also looking forward to using the samples from the micro packs in Alchemy - especially with the new Alchemy version 1.55 due out next week

Impressed with the instant download just after paypal screen!

cheers rob
User avatar
tsonic
KVRist
 
164 posts since 16 Mar, 2011

Postby tsonic; Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Nickman...yes - they work very nicely in Alchemy for sure..I find sometimes even just one note time-stretches really well.

Sale ends in an hour and a half..:)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries