What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Can Shreddage do this? (Same MIDI note, different strings)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com

Moderators: zircon, BGC

stpete111
KVRist

240 posts since 16 Jan, 2005

Postby stpete111; Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 am Can Shreddage do this? (Same MIDI note, different strings)

Hi Andrew,

What I'm trying to do here is pretty simple - I need to trigger the sample of the 5th fret of the D string followed by the sample of the open G string - same note, but clearly different timbres. When drawing my MIDI notes, the only thing I can do is draw two sequential G notes... but that just triggers the sample of the same fret on the guitar twice in a row, and it sounds very different than if it were played on a guitar. Is there a way, either in the Shreddage engine or my DAW MIDI editor, to force the first G note to trigger the sample of the 5th fret of the D string and second G note to trigger the open G string?

I just spoke with the developer of a competing guitar sample library that I also own and he says unfortunately his engine can't do it unless I have a MIDI Guitar with each string going to 6 different channels. That ain't gonna work for me :(

Thanks.
soundoutsource
KVRist

82 posts since 17 Sep, 2011

Postby soundoutsource; Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 am

With string selection keyswitches you can control which string is used.

This MIDI file will achieve what you are trying to do.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17038921/g.MID

Additionally, using 6 instances of Shreddage 2 in combination of the above Keyswitches, you can emulate total string control.
stpete111
KVRist

240 posts since 16 Jan, 2005

Postby stpete111; Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks Soundoutsource!!

Now if only Shreddage had an acoustic guitar version! I'm trying to do this on an acoustic guitar!

Thanks again.
Rolaxius
KVRer

3 posts since 26 Dec, 2011

Postby Rolaxius; Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 am

You can do that on Ilya Efimov's Acoustic Guitar.

Moderators: zircon, BGC

Return to Impact Soundworks