Deccan Traps - I Can Create You

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello. it's been a while since i posted anything - nothing this year, in fact. hmmm. so, first tune of the year. i hope you enjoy it!

I Can Create You

http://soundcloud.com/deccan-traps/i-can-create-you

thank you.

neil.

Signature Deccan Traps! :tu:
The vocal samples are intriguing.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

I'm a fan and have been following you on soundcloud for like 2 years but unfortunately I'm on mobile internet for the time being and can't really listen to anything. :(

I really liked this one, Neil. Great vocal samples and percussion on here and I loved the portamento on that synth. It gave the track a darker edge.

Good work :)

Absolutely fantastic track! Loved the vocal samples; just an interesting piece.

thank you folks, i appreciate the listens and comments :)

macmurphy wrote:i hope you enjoy it!
I did. I'll enjoy it again tomorrow, I think, when I can play it through monitors (the decent folk are sleeping now). Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

thanks D.

cool how the bass line goes: 'tonic', down 3 halves, down 2 halves, up 3 halves... all backed by 'happy pads'.

as always, enjoying the perc.

the vocals give it an 'industrial' or 'tech' sort of element.

cheers!

D.H. Miltz wrote:I'll enjoy it again tomorrow, I think, when I can play it through monitors (the decent folk are sleeping now)
I was right. I did.
No longer a moderator.

What a way to start the new year musically!
The lead synth is damn wicked, is it out-of-sync modulation?
All synths seem somewhat detuned, and the drums are strange but fit. Don't get me started on the vocals. This is one track where everything seems not to fit, but fit perfectly.
Very well done, Neil.
Awesome!

Great use of vocal samples and I love the sound of and the melody that is playing over the second section. I couldn't put my finger on what it reminded me of and then it struck me - Type O Negative. Your music is nothing like theirs, but the tone of the second section really reminds of some of their lush, dreamy sections.

Boy...that voice sounds familiar...is it someone famous? Actor?

the processing is very good, keeps pulling me in to hear what it's saying.

This was very cool, it all worked together...and sucked me in the mix. :hihi:

Great track Neil, congrats on belting out your first of 2013! Nice percussion business... love that deep drum, almost has a frame drum vibe... dig the dirty warbles and love that high instrument coming in at the last drop.

Have you been mining Jimmy Swaggart reruns again? ;)
Image Image

thank you all for listening!

i don't know who the 'i can create you' sample is. the other one though is jim jones - he's always handy for a bit of, um... flavour :nutter:

the synths. hmm. prime numbers and layers :wink:

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”