Solid state symphony instrument control questions

Official support for: indiginus.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi tcollins,

Just need to wait 4 more days and I will be purchasing the Solid State Symphony.
Anxious to get it.

Looks like perfect timing with getting the update also.

Just curious question, will my full purchased version have the update in it, or will I have to get that separately?

Read about your piracy issue.

take care,

DaveT

The version you download will include the update.

fantastic.

Will get back to you on the 20th to buy SSS.

Just saw your post on VI forum. Will watch your videos tomorrow.

take care,

DaveT :)

Hello,

Testing out the new updated Solid State Symphony. Still learning but plays great.

Finding a couple things that wont change for me. Has to do with the setting of new note limits high and low. Some are not changing to my new limits others are playing limits that dont match the default settings.

Rhythm section when turned on.

The high and low note values dont change for me. Since I have a 61 note keyboard, I want note limits to go from C1 to C3 with the rhythm section but it stays at default settings which top note setting is at C2 but also plays D2 for some reason(default setting). And the low limit does not change either.

I am finding allot of other things with the limit settings that if they are set to C3 as an example for the timpani, the hi limit played is only F2. Does not reach its top limit setting. And C3 is the default setting when SSS is turned on.

That is just a couple I have gone through.

Bass section on does the same thing. Is there something I need to hit to say apply for the new settings to get activated.

So in a nutshell, note limits dont seem to match displayed settings, at least for me.

take care,

DaveT

One last thing, this is just a maybe future suggestion.

The Rhythm section and bass is a cool feature. Have been doing some live playing to it and just noticed the following.

While I was playing the rhythm section or the bass I find it only plays when holding down notes so you have to be very quick to keep the same rhythm going and on track with the live playing.

Is there a way you could add a feature to make the Rhythm section also free run once you hit a keyswitch or control. That way I could free play the rest of the parts and play to the Rhythm section, not the Rhythm section play to me. It frees up the tight accuracy I have to play.

Make it both ways as an option selection, as is and free run.

Also I will look at the manual for my note limit problem to see if I missed anything or if there is another way to play the rhythm section already.

Again just a suggestion.

Take care again,

Dave T,

Some of the sample sets in the Bass and Rhythm elements only cover part of the keyboard, so the keyrange controls with these may not change much in these cases.
I don't believe that the transpose knob affects the rhythm element either.

You asked about a latching feature, which would keep the sequencer going even when keys aren't depressed. We did experiment with this, but all sorts of weird things start happening with the triggering in the script when we tried. Haven't given up, though! This same feature would work with our guitars, also, so we will get it figured out and then update at some point.

TC

Hi tcollins,

Thanks for your reply and what can and cant be done right now.

One thing I can do, to get with what I want to do with more of the rhythm section on my lower two octaves of the keyboard, I can global transpose the keyboard down to get more of the Rhythm playing since the note limits will not shift it up higher than C2. Whether that gets me too low sound wise I will find out.

Oops, I just found out, the rhythm section dosent play below C1? Seems to only play note range wise between a very narrow range of C1 to C2. I move all the other parts up to low note C1, and was trying to get the Rhythm section by itself at B0 and below and no sound from the Rhythm section.

The Bass section works fine doing this, but the Rhythm section does not play below C1 low note wise. Can this be fixed?

All I need is at least one key below C1 to trigger the rhythm section by itself to free run with my DAW. The range right now is set to C#-2. That way I can have C1 and above to play the rest of the parts. Be nice to have at least B0 to C2 to play the Rhythm section.

Learning what I can and cant do, cool stuff.

take care,

DaveT

Hi tcollins,

Ahhhh, I see now what you are doing with the Rhythm section note ranges in the Kontakt editor. I can make a little simple edit change to the lower range of the Rhythm section items to have it also play at B0 or whatever low note range as I need it.

I have created my own Kontakt instruments so I am pretty familiar with the Kontakt editor.

I just need to make the small changes and save them to a new patch name, that way I dont loose the original patch.

I really enjoy using Kontakt, cool stuff,

Going through some of the extra instrumuents last night.

I see there is a Harp in the list. Cool.

Allot of great added extra sounds. I also like when you turn on the the added effect features such as the Gated Pad.

take care,

Dave :)

Return to “Indiginus”