Arpærus

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Official Update Release:

Arpaerus 1.2 for Reaktor is here.
Please download Arpaerum 1.2, a slimmed down version of Arpaerus 1.2.

Fixed:
- Arpeggiator engine redesign.
- Gate functions properly.
- Legato on monophonic instruments feature implemented.
- Limit the speed of MIDI CC# messages on smooth settings to 300 messages/sec to avoid loosing MIDI interface in Reaktor.
- Added info on elements on floating cursor to help explain Arpaerus functions.
- Added a raw of number displays above the sequence for those not used to read musical notation. Middle C means 0 semitone transposition.
- Fixed Latch mode.

Old

Classic arpeggiator with classic 16 modulation step sequencer to control MIDI devices in Reaktor (contains no audio engine).
Features:
Arpeggiator:
- 6 patterns: >, <, <>, <<>>, random, trigger
- up to 4 octaves transpositions

Modulation Sequencer modulates:
- 4 running modes: >, <, <>, <<>>
- Pitch (4 octaves - 2 up and 2 down). Musical Notation GUI.
- Note length. Musical Notation GUI
- Velocity
- Gate
- three assignable MIDI CC# lines

Variable number of steps up to 16.

$5

There is also a demo version with stripped down features called Arpaerum.
Last edited by Adaerus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 am, edited 9 times in total.

Hi
- New screenshot posted.
- troubleshooting a bug related to the Global Reset Events on start-up.
- working on a demo version

Looks good... when?

secretkillerofnames wrote:Looks good... when?
As of now, I don't know exactly when. It could be days it could be weeks.
Some algorithmic bugs keep showing up in my tests and need to iron them out before I feel confident for release.

Arpaerus is here.

Please review Arpaerum before purchasing Arpaerus (left side of the page). It is a stripped down version of the bigger Arpaerus. Please post here any questions or comments regarding bugs or features. I will try to answer them the best I can.

Here is what Arpaerum does not have in comparison with Arpaerus:
No external sync
Only 3 arpeggiator patterns (vs 6)
Only 2 modulation seqencer directions (vs 4)
Only 1 assignable MIDI CC# line (vs 3)

There is a small button underneath the modulation sequencer called "shorter notes" which solves an issue when both the arp and sequencer are running and the sequencer has shorter note values than the arp. This is available only in Arpaerus.

The presets in Arpaerum are imported from Arpaerus and some of them will not work as they were intended due to missing features.

How to use it:

Arpeggiator.
The first bar only is the workable area. Dragging the mouse up and down changes the patterns. Dragging left and right changes the number of octaves. To change the speed, click and drag up and down on the time signature. To turn it off click the cleff. To turn in back on click the same area where the cleff is supposed to be.

Modulation sequencer:
Click on cleff for on/off, same as arpeggiator.
Click and drag up/down each note for pitch and left/right for note values. It's best to use the keyboard arrows. Make sure though you click on the note because it will select the background more often than not and the arrows will control the snapshots (presets) which will make you lose any unsaved settings.

A nice feature of the modulation sequencer is that with the exception of the assignable MIDI CC#, will run polyphonic. Use the preset 09 "Row Your Boar Round" to trigger multiple notes at 4 beat intervals to understand it better.

The trigger feature of the arpeggiator (Arpaerus only) will trigger chords that can be used in conjunction with the modulation sequencer to create gatted pads patterns.

Enjoy

Hi,
It seems interesting.
On your website it seems to be a Reaktor module, but on thi thread there is no info about it, so i thought it was a VST plugin : please could you say if it is a vst or a reaktor ensemble ?

Sorry for the confusion.
Arpaerus and Arpaerum are Reaktor ensambles.

I think I inadvertently took out the Reaktor and Native Instruments logos off the top of the previous picture. I posted a fresh new screenshot.

When you decide to purchase Arpaerus, after completing the paypal transaction, please click "Return to Audiostry" link and that will direct you to the download page. Be patient when loading this page though.

If there are any issues with the purchase please contact me.

Updated info. See initial posting.
Last edited by Adaerus on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i thought updated means 1.2 is there but it wasn't. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:i thought updated means 1.2 is there but it wasn't. :lol:
Thanks for pointing out the ambiguity. I changed the wording to avoid creating false hope but rather inform about the process, which was my initial intention.

Official Arpaerus v1.2 update release. See initial posting for info.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”