Bodybuilder (House)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

Made a new track, please have a listen and let me know what you think if you're into this..

https://soundcloud.com/bradcoleman/bodybuilder

Thanks!

The track is good and has groove, but I have some complaints:

1 - The synth line is too loud and boxy and need some EQ in the mids.

2 - You could use a better hihat. A shorther one with more attack would fit perfectly.

3 - A more "modern" kick would fit the track better. The one you use is too weak and it lacks a more present transient.

Hope you don't mind with constructive criticism. As i said, the track is good and has potential. Of course it's all down to personal opinion. :)

^I'm inclined to agree. The basic sound is a little too mid-heavy. Nothing quite cuts through. Also, it might be nice to have a bit of 'verb holding through the breaks to fill the gaps. Compositionally it's interesting because instead of stripping elements away for a few bars, you shift gears and the lead melody changes. Might try the strip/build technique a bit more.
Good spine, now needs some muscle :)
..what goes around comes around..

I really enjoyed what you did with the melodies and chords on here. The rhythmic shifts and changes are also very good. some of the sounds on here sounded a little odd initially, but after the third play, it's making a lot more sense. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing this in a club. ymmv. Oh, I really liked the build-up towards the end.

Good work :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Constructive criticism is much appreciated :)

I re-upped the audio and made some minor changes. A little less mid on the chord sound. It's still middy but that was also what I was aiming for. It's supposed to sound a bit crappy.
Gave the kick a little more precesence and did a little more verb on the beat.

The closed hi-hats have faster attack now. The open one has no real attack, but I thought it fitted.

And yeah, I like weird things in music. I try to keep a balance between 'oddness' and regular listen- and dance-ability. Anyway, thanks for listening!

Sounds a lot better! :clap:
Don't take steroids. This track will make your muscles grow faster and bigger instead.
:lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”