VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Without:
http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/discov ... no-phoenix

With:
http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/discovery-one

I don't know how helpful this is to you, in some ways the one with reverb is a little swamped, even so it's fairly transparent.

But listen especially in the middle of the track, things don't have a good separation in the mix without the reverb.

Also notice just how much reverb I am using without the track really sounding bloated.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

i dont hear any difference.

if there is one its way too subtle
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Can hear it gluing, can hear the verb and as Sami says is not filling the song out and muddying it up.

That's quality verb.

PS Sami you've come a long way since the first trance demos you showed me a year back..

You're very talented, i am hearing some real growth there :)

Thanks Theo!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

realmarco wrote:i dont hear any difference.

if there is one its way too subtle
+1.
Can't hear any difference.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Nice, it does glue very well.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

50% hit/miss so far exactly :hihi:

PS when i said "fill out" i mean "bloating". ie it does not bloat the song

Well it's most obvious at about 16 seconds in. It's obvious enough it's just not supposed to be something you hear, it just contributes to the overall feel and level of the track.

It helps synths sit back a little in the mix so they are not so bare and gives them a bit more size too, filling out the mix in a good way.

It's a very special verb imo I am really pleased I got it, R2 when the times right for sure.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Sami, i have only one ear and i can hear it's subtle, enhancing of the track easily.. so....on a laptop logitech speaker bar no less...But you and i have just about identical taste in verb generally, so i guess we look for the same qualities, results.. maybe i am more in tune to that natural lex glue sound.

The kick drum kicks a little more. But the difference is almost not noticeable to me.

I can hear it, subtle but works very well to glue. Just enough to put all the elements into a space for a little 3D depth. That can do wonders for a track and bring it more to life.

For people who can't hear it, it's not supposed to be an effect-y reverb sound. It works more for the mix, so you shouldn't exactly hear it at all points. Although I heard it through my Sennheiser HD280 phones so it was more apparent when you could actually hear the noticeable effect-y bits.

it s not that subbtle ! check your monitoring guys :)

too bad you don't have the lx480 anymore to compare, i wonder how it would have turned out, i think it would have maybe give a more big commercial sound to the production with more mids tickness but just a guess , haven t used these in a mix

Fred_Abstract wrote:it s not that subbtle ! check your monitoring guys :)

too bad you don't have the lx480 anymore to compare, i wonder how it would have turned out, i think it would have maybe give a more big commercial sound to the production with more mids tickness but just a guess , haven t used these in a mix
I think you're spot on with the LX480, it would have added some nice big commercial mid-range absolutely, Aether could probably do a bit of that too but I don't know.

Thing is I sold LX480 in order to get Phoenix, which I feel is more useful for me right now as I tend to be doing less and less of this sort of mix, favouring dryer, less dense and louder mixes. When I finish my Zebra demo I'll try to post it without Phoenix and it will be a perfect example as I intend to do all the major reverb sound with Zebra itself and Phoenix will just be there as a subtle glue and to give everything a bit of space. But it won't be such a dense mix.

Again I sold the LX480 with the intention of getting R2 in the future as well. So that might be able to replace the LX480. On demo's I've heard over on GS AE reverbs consistently gel better and create less mud than the others, which is what got the ball rolling for me.

I love the sound of the LX480 in isolation, it's gorgeous, but in a mix I think AE reverbs are better at keeping the source intact.

The LX480 for example, as soon as I hit the dry/wet amount enough to hear some effect my source is drastically changed and I lost a lot of definition. It was great a send and for obvious reverbs, but not so much for the subtle things.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Have you tried VintageVerb?
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:Have you tried VintageVerb?
Yes briefly, didn't like it tbh.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Effects”