Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:Image
You're a star for laying it out for her like that. That's the kind of Dad I want to be. :)
:oops: thanx Eric :)

Meanwhile, from SGC Guitars

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I just ordered these 2 :

Fender Pawnshop Bass VI

Gibson Firebird

The Fender Pawn Shop is starting to make me drool a little, do keep us posted please...congrats btw :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Will do. I think it should ship out sometime next week. The Firebird is out of stock too, but the dealer (Sweetwater) has no idea when that is coming in. It seems most online shops are stating they are not getting any in of this color until May. I did find it elsewhere but Sweetwater is giving me a 10% discount and I'm cheap. :)

Hink wrote: Meanwhile, from SGC Guitars

:drool:

vurt wrote:
Hink wrote: Meanwhile, from SGC Guitars

:drool:
I know right? If it has me droolin then that's amazing. But I mean I have never seen one before that would go so nicely with the other half of a great pair

a vintage old town :tu:

Seriously though, if I owned an SG the electronics would look very similar and it really is beautiful looking instrument :)

:hihi:

at least ill be prepared when the ice caps go :)

Ok, well it appears that Gibson Firebird won't be in stock anytime soon and I decided I can't wait that long. So, I just ordered something else that was in stock, ready to ship. Now I can live out my Billy Zoom fantasies.

You can hear his handy work here:

http://youtu.be/wRWunSUmEm4

Billy Zoom used to do amp mods around here. :)

I lover that model Gretsch. The black one that George Harrison played looked killer, too:

Hink wrote:The Fender Pawn Shop is starting to make me drool a little, do keep us posted please...congrats btw :)
+1 you did notice the P90 in the bridge position ?? I seen the price of these as well they sell them at pawn shop price too, low ... kind of cool idea from Fender .

Uncle E wrote:Billy Zoom used to do amp mods around here. :)
Hopefully he doesn't see my post. He'll think I'm a weirdo.

todd sweetland wrote:
Hink wrote:The Fender Pawn Shop is starting to make me drool a little, do keep us posted please...congrats btw :)
+1 you did notice the P90 in the bridge position ?? I seen the price of these as well they sell them at pawn shop price too, low ... kind of cool idea from Fender .
It is a humbucker. Also, I don't know if you guys know this (I didn't know until I saw the Pawnshop) but this is a reissue of the Fender Bass VI that was out in the 60s-70's. There was also a reissue in 2006. The Pawnshop, however, has some differences, like the humbucker.

fatwhitelump wrote:It is a humbucker. Also, I don't know if you guys know this (I didn't know until I saw the Pawnshop) but this is a reissue of the Fender Bass VI that was out in the 60s-70's. There was also a reissue in 2006. The Pawnshop, however, has some differences, like the humbucker.
Is it stacked? It certainly looks like a standard Jazz Master pickup (not exactly the same thing as a P90).

fatwhitelump wrote:
todd sweetland wrote:
It is a humbucker. Also, I don't know if you guys know this (I didn't know until I saw the Pawnshop) but this is a reissue of the Fender Bass VI that was out in the 60s-70's. There was also a reissue in 2006. The Pawnshop, however, has some differences, like the humbucker.
I have to laugh because what a guitar comes with and what it has when it comes to me are often quite far apart...hell I put a kahler in a 72 tele custom (the real deal, not a re-issue). But then this new ibby may be one exception, I have not touched it. Usually by now I at least add a pre-amp, I figured this guitar would get a stratoblaster...but not yet :shrug:

I used to have an Ibanez ES-335-style guitar with a Kahler. It arrived to me that way, although I did put a Screamin' Demon in the bridge. Eventually, I got ahold of an Epiphone Sheraton (this was back when they were being made in Japan) and its tone blew that Ibanez away. I've blamed the Kahler for that ever since.

That Sheraton together with the 1964 Super Reverb I had at the time (paid only $600 for it) was one of the best rigs I've ever had. I should have stopped there. :-/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”