One-Synth-Challenge 49: Twin 2 - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3

ok, I've done my entry for this month - Double Infusion. 15x Twin 2, EpicVerb, a few ReaComp, ReaEQ, ReaFIR, TalDubII, ReaXComp, Kjaerhus Classic Limiter.

Twin2 was lots of fun to play with, although my sound programming skills are still woefully poor - all my attempts at designing my own sounds seemed to end as accordians.

Edit: DR is 16
Last edited by markheath on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob_lee wrote:Does anyone know or have you discussed what is the next synth challenge?
I'm thinking about a nice prize here.. what about a copy of U-HE Ace or something from me next time? Is that okay or do you guys want something like Synapse Dune?
Full versions of course.

Thanks

Rob
U-he ACE would be better imo. Because there isn't a lite version of it.
There are Dune LE and Dune BE that are more affordable to people.

The next OSC synth is a secret until the last moment.

Thanks Rob for contributing with such donations.
Shit mate, i'm even thinking on participating this month, lol. :hihi:
But i can't do it because i'm getting really huge economic problems as some of you know, i'm being smashed by the crysis and unemployment so bad here, i must be creative and i started running my own website to sell my own soundsets as soon as i finish some of them. I hope it will go fine until i get a proper job...

That's my life, fighting so badly to survive, everyday.

Have a nice day, mate. :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
U-he ACE would be better imo. Because there isn't a lite version of it.
There are Dune LE and Dune BE that are more affordable to people.

The next OSC synth is a secret until the last moment.

Thanks Rob for contributing with such donations.
Shit mate, i'm even thinking on participating this month, lol. :hihi:
But i can't do it because i'm getting really huge economic problems as some of you know, i'm being smashed by the crysis and unemployment so bad here, i must be creative and i started running my own website to sell my own soundsets as soon as i finish some of them. I hope it will go fine until i get a proper job...

That's my life, fighting so badly to survive, everyday.

Have a nice day, mate. :)
Hi mate,

Ah so it's all secret till next month then, cool :-)
Anyways a nice synth will be included for the next OSC Challenge. I agree you should make a website and sell sounds you program. My site is down for a few more days as iv'e been busy with other stuff. You can make a good living with sound sets once you have a few available so i fully support you here. I like to see new people showing their skills and NOT all the usual names (me included) taking all the sales.. if you want help or advice then i'm here.

Advice:

Just go for it, sell your sounds and you'll benefit a lot once your out there. Judging by your tracks then i also see no problems with you producing audio demos either, top stuff :)

Looking forward to the next challenge here.

Rob

Thanks rob looking forward for it ..........

My last for this month oef..........

Song name : That epic moment

Host : FL Studio 10

12 Instances of twin vst

Fruity reeverb 2 and limiter

DR : 12

Enjoy

Fabrizio

:D :D :D

Hey guys...

how's things going?

Since I'm going to release my next Zebra² soundset next week, I'm searching for 1 or 2 guys to write a short little demotrack. Since I respect you OSC-guys, I want to ask you at first, if you have time or are interested in it. Deadline is on thursday, 28th Februar. (Just drop me a line to: bjulin@gmx.net)

Also I'm going to Donate one Soundset of choice from this month on! (So, now it is not off-topic anymore ;)) - Isn't that WOW, since I have two Soundsets online, then?! ;) well, everyone has to start somewhere isn't it?

Keep up your good work, guys!!

See you, Bjulin
https://audile.shop - the quality controlled sound shop
http://bjulin.de

Name Eauson -title- you gotta believe

instances - 10 twin 2
Reverb, filters, compression
host - Nuendo version 2

DRM 9 - bit heavy :-)

First time listing, so any mistakes please pull me up on them :-)

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-you-gotta-believe
Last edited by Eauson on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi all,

Now it is time for my track for this month. I realy enjoyed Twin2. When I found out the big differences between the filter types I could make the sounds I like. And the apparently endless possibilites for modulations are awesome!

Trackname: Sparkling

27 instances of Twin2 in Cubase 5 Essential

Filter: Electri-Q, BootEQmkII
Dynamics: TDRFeedBackCompressor, Classic Compressor, Loudmax, FluxBitterSweet-II
Delays: IxoxDelay, NastyDLA
Reverb: Epicverb, FreeverbToo
Satturation: Voxengo TubeAmp
Analyzer: Span

Dynamik Range according TT Dynamic Range Meter: DR=11

See you,
Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

BTW: how to delete a posting?

photonic wrote:BTW: how to delete a posting?
Well, you can edit a post and let it blank.
Or you could ask a moderator for it, but i don't know if they can't delete just one post.
I know that they can delete a whole thread, though.

D.H.Miltz
Meffy
Ben (The creator of KVR)

Have a nice day :)

on moldavsky - and then there were none
https://soundcloud.com/moldavsky/moldav ... there-were

Hello everyone,
Very excited to participate this month!

The host - Magix Samplitude Music Studio 2013;
FX used: JB Ferox - 4, JB Send - 4, JB Smash Pro - 1, Tal Tube - 2, DCAMFreeComp - 3, Metal Mickey Delay - 1;
DAW FX: EQ - 1, tape sim - 4, bitcrusher - 1 (just subtle saturation), delay - 1, compressor - 1, stereo enhancer - 1
Instances of the synth: 9 main voices + 11 layered drums = 20, for the beat an instance of Independence sampler was used only as an additional VSTi host within Samplitude MS.
Dynamic range is 14.

Got a warning comment from RuediRena about hurtful high frequencies going on in the track. Thus, please, be advised: there is indeed some broadband and HF noise; lower the volume and listen at your own discretion at comfortable loudness. The composition wasn't supposed to be a hearing killer or a noise monster, just wanted to add some fragility, perverted tenderness, but sometimes you get what you get. Open for suggestions.

Thanks,

Mikhail

IrionDaRonin wrote:
photonic wrote:BTW: how to delete a posting?
Well, you can edit a post and let it blank.
Or you could ask a moderator for it, but i don't know if they can't delete just one post.
I know that they can delete a whole thread, though...
Thank you Irion,

No need to contact one of the moderators. I just did a mistake and I sent the last posting twice. I tried to delete it and I tried to make the second posting blank. Both is not working. Therefore I wrote the question.

here's my entry:

szalonykp - Lonely Voyage

used: 21 x FabFilter Twin 2, 1 x ReaComp, 1 x LoudMax

DAW: Reaper / OSX

DR: 5

hope you'll like it :)

Hi all,

Whow, this is what we call a powerhouse!. The modulation options are almost endless!
Our track for this month begins a little different than you are used of us :D

Its called: "A Feast Of Spead"

http://soundcloud.com/solidtrax/solidtr ... t-of-speed

We've used 15 instances of Twin and a few stock plugins from Cubase (comps/eq/reverb). Furthermore we've used Tokyo Dawn's Feedback Compressor II and Molot's Limit06.
The Dynamic Range according TT Dynamic Range Meter: DR=11

Enjoy!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

szalonykp wrote:here's my entry:

szalonykp - Lonely Voyage

used: 21 x FabFilter Twin 2, 1 x ReaComp, 1 x LoudMax

DAW: Reaper / OSX

DR: 5

hope you'll like it :)
I don't think your track has a DR of 5.. it's not insanely compressed or limited so I think it's save to say your DR is higher. :)

Or am I wrong now.. I'm starting to have doubts now..
Music... life would be boring without it.

Cheers for the submissions guys, some quality stuff there.
Bjulin wrote:Also I'm going to Donate one Soundset of choice from this month on!
For the competition? :)

Return to “Instruments”