Some conceptual help with the Reaktor Core Filter modules please.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been cracking open the Core Filter modules in the hope of building more useful filters for my projects.

The VCF in question is 2 pole SV x3 S.

First up is the ubiquitous Pitch cutoff input. Inside the Core module it is mixed with the PMod control, converted to a frequency with a P2F module, then mixed with the FM input into the central Core filter.

I've never really been comfortable with the Pitch (MIDI note) > filter modulation because to my mind it acts like a key followc and would prefer to do a straight FM chain of modulations. So that means I should be able to create a FM knob that sets the cutoff point from 1 Hz to 80 kHz like in the old-timey Moogs' LPF, modulate that input with LFOs and envelopes, and eliminate the whole P and PM chain all the way up to the P2F module and the mix with the F signal...

But am I really doing that? Is there somewhere I can set the range for a straight "scientific" F control? Is that even how the Reaktor Core cells respond to the incoming F messages?

I go further and further into this Core cell stuff and get very confused and disheartened. Half the Core cells aren't even labelled as to what they are

I'm not sure how many hardcore Reaktor builders there are around here but, at a guess, you'd have a much better chance of getting an answer if you also post this to the NI Reaktor builders forum.

Kind regards,

Matt

Thanks for the response.

god.. maybe u can check manuual..
trust analog.... (owner of digital)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”