TC HELICON - VoiceLive Touch With Ableton to Record vocals [AID]

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I hope this is not the wrong place but I need huge help.

I recently purchased VoiceLive touch it's great. I've been watching tutorials and reviews and everything but I still cannot find an answer for this.

I want to record my vocals in to My ableton Live 8 daw. I have an M-audio fast track soundcard as well that I run the VLT through.

So me question is anyone know the settings and parameters to record live in to Ableton:
-I have the VLT xlr connected to the mic xlr input in the fasttrack soundcard,
-I have the VLT Usb connected to my MAC
-I have the Mic xlr connected to VLT mic XLR input.

When I set the settings in abletons IN'S & OUT'S in prefances I VLT as input and out... that's where I get confused and sometimes I do hear myself through the effects processing. But when I hit the record button on Ableton I get this enormous loud echo feedback that distortions and I have to stop it right way.

Also when I try to record it doubles the recording with my voice and the actual track.

I don't know if this makes too much sense but that's why I'm very confused.

thanks so much!

I have a VLT, but never use the USB myself-is there any reason to use both USB drivers and the XLR out at the same time?
If you can't get it solved, ask over at the voice council forum- it isnt super active, but Craig from TC will help you if no one else does.

Aural Chaos wrote:I have a VLT, but never use the USB myself-is there any reason to use both USB drivers and the XLR out at the same time?
If you can't get it solved, ask over at the voice council forum- it isnt super active, but Craig from TC will help you if no one else does.
Thanks for the reply,

Well I thought it needed both the Usb and Xlr for the it to connect together. Do you use Ableton Live as you DAW? perhaps of the you can tell me what your outputs and input options are on both the VLT and the Ableton Live.

Yes I used the forum and did not get a reply so I that's why I asked here.

How about to key in the track with out MIDI would you just key it in the Harmony settings. I just want to use it for voice since I don't connect a guitar or Keyboard to it.

thanks again!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”