FaderFox UH3

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:
Last edited by llze on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faderfox controllers may not be available in USA through major retailers, but djdeals does have a few in stock.

They are expensive, but thats probably because they are great quality. I bought an LV3 this Christmas for a bargain price, and the feel and resolution on the faders and knobs is truly exceptional, much better than the cheap feel of my sl mkii and also a lot better than maschine imho. For such a small and compact controller, this thing is amazing and one of my coolest purchases ever.

Also, for anyone not living in USA, the shipping charge for ordering directly from faderfox is really cheap, and a lot cheaper than the amount FedEx charges when ordering from sweetwater, or any other major retailer with global shipping. Even the customs duty charged was accurate, rather than the inflated amount one usually gets through FedEx.

TomTwohy wrote:Oh a touchscreen... well that IS nice, but tell me... how is it on:

Portability?

Running on USB?

How hard is it to break?

Can ya use it on a train??

Cheap?

I assume it's multi touch, but it just simply isn't for everyone... now is it? These small controllers mean broad-based usability for people all over the globe. Though touch-screens are getting amazingly inexpensive (probably less than $300 for what you have there)... U-he is wise enough to consider the average Joe.
It's a touch over $700 including the touchscreen driver - that's the price for getting very new tech I suppose. But you make a very good point about affordability/portability. A portable hybrid of physical knobs and touchscreen, with an agreed-upon standard layout supported by all plugin/DAWs would be immense.

Urs wrote:the cool thing about the UH3 is that it's also got a little MIDI keyboard built in
As well as the big potentiometer for fine tuning. I can totally imagine having a UH3 sitting on my desk between my computer keyboard and mouse, might be a damn pleasant (and fast) way to patch Ace/Diva (with a special GUI, I got it ;)).
I love all kind of compact and elegant MIDI controllers.

Midi Learn a few knobs as "integer", then MIDI Learn a single knob as "fine selected" (no matter which parameter). Then see what happens when you tweak one of the former knobs first, then the latter knob :)

(now imagine you could do that with any knob that you just clicked, or key-cursored to)

Urs wrote:(now imagine you could do that with any knob that you just clicked, or key-cursored to)
:hyper: :hyper: better automap than automap!

wilx wrote:I recently swapped one of my monitors for a big touchscreen one, and with large size plugin windows, it's fun to tweak stuff. And immediate, too.
No searching for the right knob to correspond with the knob on screen. No paging left until the right module is selected, then pressing another button to access the second subpage, then turning the knob. Just touch whatever you want to touch. It's so much quicker!

Embedding doesn't work here, but here's a super-rough vid of the setup :)

http://youtu.be/xGkHeWnBlPc
:-o :o :shock: :D VERY interesting...

bmrzycki wrote:
Urs wrote:(now imagine you could do that with any knob that you just clicked, or key-cursored to)
:hyper: :hyper: better automap than automap!
:hihi: :wink:

Urs wrote:Midi Learn a few knobs as "integer", then MIDI Learn a single knob as "fine selected" (no matter which parameter). Then see what happens when you tweak one of the former knobs first, then the latter knob :)

(now imagine you could do that with any knob that you just clicked, or key-cursored to)
Hello Urs,
is this midi-learn functionality for "fine-selected" already implemented in the latest beta (Revision 1459)?

Any News of this Item?

By the way,
Are there any Rack/Desktop Hybrid Solutions especialy for Softsynths.

Matt van k wrote:Any News of this Item?

By the way,
No news from Faderfox. We still have one prototype here and last time I checked it worked fine.

Matt van k wrote:Any News of this Item?

By the way,
There was NI Kore - you can do exactly the same as that Faderfox controller in Kore except you can also see the knob assignments in text on the Kore screen.

Return to “u-he”