does different Khz rate change sound/playback? (e.g. omnisphere?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

somehow a project doesnt sound the same, i dunno if it is cause i reset to 44.1 khz again instead of 48.

so my question is the one in the topic, any ideas?

It will cause loop points to change and timing issues, but it shouldn't affect Omnisphere. Just sound files. Best not to change in the middle of a project, though.

osiris wrote:It will cause loop points to change and timing issues, but it shouldn't affect Omnisphere. Just sound files. Best not to change in the middle of a project, though.
i think i have to set it to 48 khz again to see if thats the issue, i changed the pitch bend, i changed omnisphere.

or could it be the nonstreaming option i chose within omnisphere? nonstreaming is better when you have the power i read.

i also deactivated fixed buffer size again.

I did it once, but opposite - 44 to 48. It was a mess. Switched it right back and (in FL)everything was fine.
The fixed buffer size is an issue with some soundcards (Thanks Creative) and will stop crackling noises. I also think some of Omnisphere's samples are so big best to stream.
I would never make drastic changes in the middle of a song unless you're having bad problems.
It's also best to set every instrument Polyphony to 1 and that saves a little CPU, but doesn't affect sound. Just be sure you have Notify On Render option checked in Options.

osiris wrote:I did it once, but opposite - 44 to 48. It was a mess. Switched it right back and (in FL)everything was fine.
The fixed buffer size is an issue with some soundcards (Thanks Creative) and will stop crackling noises. I also think some of Omnisphere's samples are so big best to stream.
I would never make drastic changes in the middle of a song unless you're having bad problems.
It's also best to set every instrument Polyphony to 1 and that saves a little CPU, but doesn't affect sound. Just be sure you have Notify On Render option checked in Options.
thanks a lot, so which options COULD change the sound within fl studio and/or omnisphere?

those are my settings.

I would set Resampling at 256. 64 point is low. (Leave Mixer at 6 point ) You also have major underruns.
Check Mix In Buffer and Triple Buffer. Also 11 ms seems awful high for a Focusrite - but I'm not that familiar.

but to make a conclusion the rednering in 44.1 and 48 khz should sound the same?

here the example!

i dunno exactly what i did, as far as i remember i just set the khz from 48 to 44.1 khz back but when i do it the other way again it doesnt sound like the first version anymore, i just have 2 instances of omnisphere, any ideas?

first version (i want ths again) and new version :(

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/84869831/file.html

is there a way to get the same sound of the 48khz version in the 44.1 khz setting?

Return to “Instruments”