Tremor or Microtonic? That is the question!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watching the geist tutorials now .......... gah. Seems wrong to not have both .. :x
:hug:

I am more interested in microtonic. Is this 64 bit yet?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:I am more interested in microtonic. Is this 64 bit yet?
It's currently being beta tested :wink:

what the heck is wrong with knowing you supported a good software developer? have a little pride.

if you have a finite amount of money and you buy from developer A and then sells that product so you can buy from developer B. Have you supported a developer?

Wow. :-o

The power of Tremor+Geist(to further manipulate things made in Tremor) is immense!

The sequencer in Tremor only has 32 bars which is a bit on the little side (though superior to edit). Spitter and sampling works great. Much better than Maschine.

Don't miss out!

Crackbaby wrote:if you have a finite amount of money and you buy from developer A and then sells that product so you can buy from developer B. Have you supported a developer?
Exactly. The point of license transfer is a protection against developer not further supporting the product or not providing a good upgrade path. In that case, you can sell your license and move on.

Also, it does not make sense to pay for something that you will not use. That's why I prefer license transfer with small fee. I rather pay for upgrades then pay too much for license transfer.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

well Tremor has a synth, but Geist also has filters on board. Of course I can get sampled versions of synthesized drums and run them through Geist filters right...which is pretty close to the sound of tremor isn't it? The advantage of Geist of course is the more advanced arranger and the ability to load samples. Seems like Geist is clearly the one to get if you are only going to get one.

Dewdman42 wrote:well Tremor has a synth, but Geist also has filters on board. Of course I can get sampled versions of synthesized drums and run them through Geist filters right...which is pretty close to the sound of tremor isn't it? The advantage of Geist of course is the more advanced arranger and the ability to load samples. Seems like Geist is clearly the one to get if you are only going to get one.
Geist is the best. If they come up with a hardware version.... I will drool. Although it requires like a 500 page manual...
For me the only point of Tremor is all the modulation options that I get to have, which can be a nightmare with samples.

oh yea I didn't think about the mod options. There is a lot that can be done with that. its really just too bad they did not combine both Tremor and Geist into a single program. I mean just think if you could use either a sampled wav or Virtual osc for source, then run through all the mod and filter capabilities of both programs, and the arranging capabilties of geist. It would be one serious SOB of a program. As it is I kind of feel like Tremor does one thing and Geist does the other and probably I would lean towards Geist I guess, but always wish it had a bit of synth programability built in.

It points back to DR008 which combined samples and synthesis. I guess it'll never happen but I think it'd be good if Geist and Tremor had a consistent design like SynthSquad and they could be combined with a Fusor like app...
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:It points back to DR008 which combined samples and synthesis. I guess it'll never happen but I think it'd be good if Geist and Tremor had a consistent design like SynthSquad and they could be combined with a Fusor like app...
But FXPansion has habit of making things too complicated. I mean, SS is one of very few synths I use, but look at what mess it is, compared to what it does. Not everyone will agree, sure, but making sound on SS puts me to sleep... and yeah, Fusor, which makes everything even worse.

Only reason why I keep SS is Amber. It is irreplaceable.

I want them to try to keep things simple. I love their routing system and everything, but they try to put too much into one every time.

no exactly the opposite. they are trying to make these modular programs that might "wire together" somehow. that's why you have to use the bloody fusor thing to combine those synths.

it would have been a million times easier to provide the synth engine of Tremor into geist, then try to create some way to wire the two seperate programs together.

Crackbaby wrote:if you have a finite amount of money and you buy from developer A and then sells that product so you can buy from developer B. Have you supported a developer?
Good point.

license transfers sometimes require work from the developer, so the cost of the license would have to be padded to begin with to cover administrative costs, and not everyone will be taking advantage of selling their license, nor will people 5 years down the line want to pay the original cost of the software when it's deprecated. totally depends i guess.

Well, thanks for the jrrshop deal guys, that was a great price for Tremor!

I now have a full set: Synth Squad, Geist, and Tremor. For me at least, Tremor really fills a gap in terms of drum sysnthesis with quick beat making abilities.

Geist definitely has a deeper sequencer, but Tremor is more immediate which is a nice thing to have when you want to quickly lay down a beat. If you need a drum synth, you could do a lot worse for $75!

Return to “Instruments”