What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Browser Feature Request

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Phase47
KVRian

868 posts since 21 Aug, 2011

Postby Phase47; Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm Browser Feature Request

In a future version, would it be possible to "hide" certain banks and all of their sounds? Meaning, I downloaded the Taste of Alchemy and it's great, but certain banks, I know I'll never ever use... Schlomo Beatbox, etc. Is it possible to, or will it be possible to hide them from the Sound Library list?

I'd also like to hide a couple that I've bought but never use... Dubstep, lookin' @ you.

If this feature is not in the cards, is it easy to uninstall the taste of camel?
MWSOS
KVRian

769 posts since 13 Jun, 2006, from Cornwall, UK

Postby MWSOS; Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 am

Phase47 wrote:In a future version, would it be possible to "hide" certain banks and all of their sounds? Meaning, I downloaded the Taste of Alchemy and it's great, but certain banks, I know I'll never ever use... Schlomo Beatbox, etc. Is it possible to, or will it be possible to hide them from the Sound Library list?

I'd also like to hide a couple that I've bought but never use... Dubstep, lookin' @ you.

If this feature is not in the cards, is it easy to uninstall the taste of camel?

Hi Phase47!

Sorry you're not enjoying all the Taste Of Camel presets :cry:

I don't know what new features will be added to the browser in the future.

However, if you're absolutely sure you won't need the presets contained in various folders then you can drag those folders from your Alchemy/Presets folder to another temporary location (just so you can change your mind later on :wink:)

Then use the File > Scan For New Presets command to re-scan all the presets and the moved ones will be gone from the displayed list.

Martin
Phase47
KVRian

868 posts since 21 Aug, 2011

Postby Phase47; Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Cheers Martin - Thanks!

Edit: worked like a charm - thanks again!
MWSOS
KVRian

769 posts since 13 Jun, 2006, from Cornwall, UK

Postby MWSOS; Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 am

My pleasure - glad you're all happy again :hihi:

Martin
tehlord
KVRAF

6725 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:58 am

Perhaps another alternative would be to highlight the ones that have been purchased.

I bought a couple of soundbanks today and updated to 1.55 at the same time, and I can't say that the new browser is a pleasure to use. Simply identifying the banks that I've paid for would make life much easier imo.
leggie
KVRian

818 posts since 27 Sep, 2009, from Bristol UK

Postby leggie; Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 am

tehlord wrote: Simply identifying the banks that I've paid for would make life much easier imo.

+1
filkertom
KVRian

757 posts since 20 Aug, 2005, from Ann Arbor, MI

Postby filkertom; Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 am

leggie wrote:
tehlord wrote: Simply identifying the banks that I've paid for would make life much easier imo.

+1

I'm pretty happy with the "Show/Hide Presets Available To Buy" feature, myself.

If you didn't know about that, make sure all the categories are set to "All", and just scroll down to the bottom of the list of presets. If there's nothing there, you'll have to scroll back up. Basically, the Preset browser shows either one or two lists: all the presets you actually have, followed by all the presets you don't have and could purchase, both in alphabetical order.

Between the end of the "have" list and the start of the "don't have" list, there's another thing, not actually a preset but a button. If it says "Hide Presets Available To Buy", just click it, and all the ones you DON'T have will be hidden. End of problem. :D
Tom Smith
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/ - http://www.thefump.com/
Win7 Pro/64 SP1 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM
BIAB 2012 - Reaper 4 - Sound Forge Pro 9
leggie
KVRian

818 posts since 27 Sep, 2009, from Bristol UK

Postby leggie; Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 am

filkertom wrote:
Between the end of the "have" list and the start of the "don't have" list, there's another thing, not actually a preset but a button. If it says "Hide Presets Available To Buy", just click it, and all the ones you DON'T have will be hidden. End of problem. :D

:tu: thanks.
tehlord
KVRAF

Postby tehlord; Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:35 am

filkertom wrote:
leggie wrote:

+1

I'm pretty happy with the "Show/Hide Presets Available To Buy" feature, myself.

If you didn't know about that, make sure all the categories are set to "All", and just scroll down to the bottom of the list of presets. If there's nothing there, you'll have to scroll back up. Basically, the Preset browser shows either one or two lists: all the presets you actually have, followed by all the presets you don't have and could purchase, both in alphabetical order.

That's not what I'm talking about.

Under the Sound Category column, I'd like the sound libraries I've bought to be highlighted. At the moment it shows every sound library available as I've downloaded taste of Alchemy. It makes identifying banks a little more difficult than it need be. Even better would be able to sort the libraries in this column to show banks that I own first, and then the taste of Alchemy banks afterwards.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10303 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:49 am

We will consider the above suggestions for 2.0, as as few people have criticised the way Taste is installed and the confusion of too many entries in the sound library column.

The workaround - for people comfortable moving files in Explorer - is to create a "Taste of Camel" sub-folder in "Presets" and move the category sub-folders of the sound libraries you don't own to this new folder. Obviously you would merge the folders so that no files are lost*.

Once complete, scan for new presets will create a Taste of Camel entry in the sound library column which contains only the ToC presets.

Peace,
Andy.

*Note: Mac users running 10.7 or earlier should not attempt this otherwise the content will be overwritten with the most recently moved folder. Instead, the contents of each category folder should be moved to the equivalent category folder in "Taste of Camel".
tehlord
KVRAF

Postby tehlord; Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:12 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:We will consider the above suggestions for 2.0, as as few people have criticised the way Taste is installed and the confusion of too many entries in the sound library column.

The workaround - for people comfortable moving files in Explorer - is to create a "Taste of Camel" sub-folder in "Presets" and move the category sub-folders of the sound libraries you don't own to this new folder. Obviously you would merge the folders so that no files are lost*.

Once complete, scan for new presets will create a Taste of Camel entry in the sound library column which contains only the ToC presets.

Peace,
Andy.

*Note: Mac users running 10.7 or earlier should not attempt this otherwise the content will be overwritten with the most recently moved folder. Instead, the contents of each category folder should be moved to the equivalent category folder in "Taste of Camel".

Love ya man :hug:

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio