What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sometimes Dark Zebra stops responding to MIDI input

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

dannthr
KVRer

17 posts since 1 Sep, 2007, from Boulder, CO

Postby dannthr; Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 pm Sometimes Dark Zebra stops responding to MIDI input

Ahoy, I try my best to keep up on updates, and I am totally in love with Zebra 2 + Dark Zebra (and other U-He products as I also teach at a school with labs full of Zebra 2 and Diva).

However, I keep encountering an inconsistent problem and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Occasionally, Dark Zebra will simply stop responding to MIDI input.

I've experienced this with Zebra 2 and Diva at work, but usually, just reselecting the patch will fix whatever happened.

But when it happens with Dark Zebra, I have to either reload the instrument entirely, or on a couple occasions, it just stopped working altogether in that session (which is wacky and inconsistent).

I'll keep on the new updates, and I'm not too worried about it--usually it's fixable--but I was curious if I was the only one or not.
- Dan
pdxindy
KVRAF

8762 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 pm

When it happens do you always have multiple instances loaded? Or does it sometimes happen with just 1 instance?

Also, what host and OS do you use?
Urs
u-he

17234 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:53 am

Please try the latest betas (for The Dark Zebra, log into our support website).

There's been a bug in the 64-bit version in large projects. It should be fixed.
dannthr
KVRer

17 posts since 1 Sep, 2007, from Boulder, CO

Postby dannthr; Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for the response guys!

PDXINDY - It usually happens when I have more than one instance.

Win 7 Pro x64 with Cubase 6.0.7 (64-bit).

Hey Urs, I'll give the beta a shot, thanks--however, for some reason, it's saying that my email isn't recognized when I try to reset my password, even though that's the email you sent me my reg codes on. :-\

EDIT: I think I just never created a proper account.

EDIT: Yep, that was it, downloaded it now, installed, will try it out, thanks for your help guys!
- Dan

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he