What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Le Creme........I love it so, but......

Official support for: kuassa.com

Moderators: aradaz, KUASSA

KVRAF

40166 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:07 pm Le Creme........I love it so, but......

So much potential! But I have two issues while demoing this:

using this with the built in cab so far, "A" on a standard tuned guitar can under many circumstances freak out the cab, even if limiting is on. Even with limiting on with

I don't know how to work around this. It's not low "E", it's not a "B" chord, it's "A" Let's face it, nothing is better than an A chord so this is a bit of a problem :hihi:

Anyways, where I can reproduce this best is with the mics pulled off to the side (which I like) and especially using the condenser (which I also like). It doesn't really happen set to lets say "init", but the 57 up closer to the cap isn't really the tone I really want :shurg: I'll try working with alloy some more and see if I can get it at a reasonable volume using their limiter. A little bummed about this. If it wasn't for this, it would be a no-brainer.

Also, I'm not diggin' on the gate. So far, regardless of the settings, I'm either getting cutoff too quickly or just WAY too much gate. Is there a "gentle" setting that you can think of that will just kill the background noise while not playing? Sub note, it's a little noisy compared to a couple of other sims I've used.

Anyways, sorry to be a bummer with my first post but I see HUGE potential in this so wanted to voice it.
KVRist

52 posts since 16 Jul, 2010, from Bandung, Indonesia

Postby KUASSA; Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Let's start with something basic :)

On the top left of the plugin interface, select 'IN-L' and adjust the input level until you get a healthy clean signal.
On the Gate section, set the Threshold until the noise is gone. Now, play your guitar. If the sound stutters, increase/adjust the Attack & Release.

Maybe other forum members could give another suggestions.
And by the way, what guitar are you using?

Regards~
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 pm

KUASSA wrote:Let's start with something basic :)

On the top left of the plugin interface, select 'IN-L' and adjust the input level until you get a healthy clean signal.
On the Gate section, set the Threshold until the noise is gone. Now, play your guitar. If the sound stutters, increase/adjust the Attack & Release.

Maybe other forum members could give another suggestions.
And by the way, what guitar are you using?

Regards~

thanks. It's a 6 string ibanez
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Edited: I'm not sure this is an issue with the plug, more checking is needed.

@GATE: hmmmmmm. I'm still not sure I'm getting it the way I want but one thing I've noticed is that at my resolution (1920x1080/24") I have a TERRIBLY hard time adjusting those controls. Very small, very hard to see.

Related: I'm guessing there are not mousewheel control support or fine tuning holding the shift (or something else) and this could be an issue. I know it's not the most expensive product, but mousewheel/shift/fine support would be welcome.

That said, this is a really good sounding sim.
KVRist

185 posts since 5 Dec, 2006

Postby aradaz; Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:27 am

Hi hibidy,

Thank you for the suggestions.
Fine tune is a good idea and it's possible to be implemented :)

Thanks,
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 pm

I drug this back out to use with studio one and I don't know or care WHY it works better, but it does.

Bought

I should have jumped on sale last month :x

But 34 bucks is more than fair.

Now, about that mousewheel support....... :D
KVRian

591 posts since 2 Mar, 2010

Postby bharris22; Wed May 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Agree. I bought both Vermillion and Creme in the sale last month, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet because I'm still using Amplifikation CM (the Computer Music version of Vermillion) - it's that good!

Moderators: aradaz, KUASSA

Return to Kuassa