New type of compressor interface (Radium Compressor)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Here's a compressor with a user interface which I think is new, and better:

You can read more about the program here: http://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/radium ... plugin.php. It's currently only available as a VST plugin for windows, but I've got OSX and Linux versions running as well. Just needs some testing first.
Last edited by kmatheussen on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here's a video of the jack standalone program: http://vimeo.com/57594233
It looks slightly different from the plugin, but it's the same interface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphCxloBq2w
Last edited by kmatheussen on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

I think that kind of GUI interface would be KEY for a whole line of "touchable" plugins for the newer touch screen computers. :)

Just make the Attack and Release more visual as well.

Cheers!

mmm... nice idea! I don't know I would feel using this interface (I'm on mac, so I can't try it at least now), I mean: I'm used to knobs and sliders, here's something to drag but there's a background graph distracting me... I don't really know, I have to try.

Anyway, I think this gui would be a good graphic, even if the plugin had knobs to set values: the ratio line getting close to the threshold line really gives you the idea of how much you're (over)compressing. When you realize that all that high column on the left is squashed down on that very small space on the middle, you're likely to go back to more gentle settings. Very nice for beginners and for people tempted to overcompress in general. :tu:

Wow! Nice UI for representation of compression process!
Murderous duck!

Extra easy to set make up gain!
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Extra easy to set make up gain!
Heh, yes. :) I don't think you are sarcastic, but in case anyone wonders, the large make up gain slider to the right is set up like that to easily compare the input volume graph and the output volume graph (in order to quicker adjust output volume to be approximately the same as it would be without compression).

Wow. I am a sucker for visual approaches. Mac version please !

Looks very interesting!!

But I'm confused about the price. It's € 20 but you also mention in the download section a price per month. Can you explain it a bit?

manducator wrote:Looks very interesting!!

But I'm confused about the price. It's € 20 but you also mention in the download section a price per month. Can you explain it a bit?
It's €20.

The price per month is for for a different product, the Radium Music Editor. The relationship between them is that the radium compressor is built into the radium music editor, but now the compressor is also available as a separate plugin.

kmatheussen wrote:It's €20.

The price per month is for for a different product, the Radium Music Editor. The relationship between them is that the radium compressor is built into the radium music editor, but now the compressor is also available as a separate plugin.
Ok thanks, my bad...

Need any Mac testers?

bduffy wrote:Need any Mac testers?
I don't need more testers now though, but I've sent you a PM.

kmatheussen wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:Extra easy to set make up gain!
Heh, yes. :) I don't think you are sarcastic, but in case anyone wonders, the large make up gain slider to the right is set up like that to easily compare the input volume graph and the output volume graph (in order to quicker adjust output volume to be approximately the same as it would be without compression).
No, no sarcasm! I always find it cumbersome to set the output right so i don't fool myself with the louder sounds better thing.
The UI is brilliant!
:hug:

1. Why not add the attack and release times into the threshold. So the bar would fade in with longer attacks, and the curve into the threshold could increase/decrease based on the release time.

2. While it looks interesting, and could help out newbies, it doesn't actually seem like you can gather a lot of information about how loud the signal is going into it versus what's coming out. Example, in your screenshot you have the makeup gain set to +9.3, but where do I see roughly 9db of gain reduction? If my signal was below -24db, there'd be zero gain redcuction taking place with a 9.3 increase in the output gain. Ideally, you'd find a better way of showing the actual gain reduction. I'd want to see input signal (with the threshold over that), gain reduction, then how the makeup gain makes up for what was reduced. This way I could properly gain stage.

Return to “Effects”