My suggestion for cytomics next pluggie! Tube emulation! Yes?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Should Andy's 3rd plugin be a Tube emulation?

Yes of course, that's the next logical step.
32%
No, i'd really prefer something else (say in post)
68%

Total votes: 28

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey this will be good to get Andy some feedback..

Because Andy is completely obsessed with circuit modelling perfection, i think he would do a tube saturator flawlessly, best in class.

Bought glue and drop today and man am i glad i stuck with the glue, and the drop, well what can i say, best damn filter i ever heard. It doesn't matter how hard i try to replicate it's organic sound with the others i have (logic auto, ohm quad, volcano2, and recently, i tried the etch demo but know etch very well from the RE i once owned), i can't get close to the drop with anything else. Fabfilter is very good and worth having as an overall mangler, but for sheer cutoff and resonance, i don't think the drop can be topped in plug in form.. yes, cpu cycles it does use though LOL, but worth it.
I'd love to see it implemented as a native synth filter.. would be great.. anyway back on topic..

A tube emulation from Andy, yay or nay? If nay, what would you prefer next?
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh, not mandatory of course, but if someone who doesn't like the current stuff, if you could be bothered, a quick word about why would be really interesting. Cheers.

TheoM wrote:Hey this will be good to get Andy some feedback..
Has Andy asked for some feedback?

We already have the modelled Wave Arts Tube Saturator (which is excellent but is a lesson in the use of the freeze button.) Is it that you want something that is more efficient on CPU .... that could be a problem?

I think Andy has already dropped a hint about an EQ after working on Live 9's improved one.

I want a cytomic parametric EQ.

It would also be nice to have a saturator with different modules.

Cheers
:borg:

I am pretty sure he said he was doing a bucket brigade delay/chorus thingie next - it is somewhere in the huge drop thread

Then I think he said a synth, but I really just want him to finish the drop!
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

lnikj wrote:
TheoM wrote:Hey this will be good to get Andy some feedback..
Has Andy asked for some feedback?

We already have the modelled Wave Arts Tube Saturator (which is excellent but is a lesson in the use of the freeze button.) Is it that you want something that is more efficient on CPU .... that could be a problem?

I think Andy has already dropped a hint about an EQ after working on Live 9's improved one.
No he didn't ask per se but it's nice to do these things from time to time, no?

ericj23 wrote:I am pretty sure he said he was doing a bucket brigade delay/chorus thingie next - it is somewhere in the huge drop thread

Ok well that topic is impossible to navigate now to find that, but thanks.

That's a disappointment in a way as i think chorus has been nailed with syntorus and with ERS,

that said, Andy may indeed put a new spin on it, who knows.

Drop is at 0.99 so very close, hence why i started this.

:)

TheoM wrote:
ericj23 wrote:I am pretty sure he said he was doing a bucket brigade delay/chorus thingie next - it is somewhere in the huge drop thread

Ok well that topic is impossible to navigate now to find that, but thanks.

That's a disappointment in a way as i think chorus has been nailed with syntorus and with ERS,

that said, Andy may indeed put a new spin on it, who knows.

Drop is at 0.99 so very close, hence why i started this.

:)
I can't say chorus gets used much here, but bucket brigade delay :love:

But Cytomic don't seem to be super fast at producing products - I guess this is a drawback of being a one man band
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

well i am planning on buying AD dubstation which is a very fine BBD to my ear.

And it's inexpensive, and does the job.

Never thought much of any of the AD plug-ins but that is probably just me

I found Andy's post though, and it looks like my memory is playing tricks on me. He seems to be saying he is going to do an EQ, then a compressor before doing a bucket brigade thing.

I guess a 1176 done right would be rather nice!
andy_cytomic wrote:
meloco_go wrote:
andy_cytomic wrote:
samsam wrote:Andy, will it have a comb filter?
No comb filters in The Drop. I'll do an in depth analog modelled bucket brigade delay in the future which will do comb filtering and chorus etc.
Puhlezeeeeeee an EQ first!!!!
With the technology in The Drop I would be a fool to not do an EQ as it's very similar algorithms under the hood. I will most likely do an EQ and another compressor before doing another more creative plugin like a BBD.
Last edited by ericj23 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well i feel that's already been done nice, but, why not if that's what he wants to do. Another EQ? Ok :shrug:

TheoM wrote:Well i feel that's already been done nice, but, why not if that's what he wants to do. Another EQ? Ok :shrug:
Never really got the fuss over EQ's either - good to know I am not the only one!

TheoM wrote:[..]Another EQ? Ok :shrug:
You should hear how nice the UAD Massive Passive and the new UAD API EQ's sound. If you have experience with that, you understand their is still room for improvement in native EQ land! :)
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

As Andy said, he plans to do an EQ in the foreseeable future.

As it will be analog modeled and stay simple, as he also said, I imagine it could be some kind of Neve 1073 or 1081 emulation, including the preamp part for some nice subtle saturation.

As for tubes, the latest Studio Devil plugin (Virtual Tube Preamp) does emulate tube in a nice way.

So talking about Cytomic, I'd like him to update "The Glue" with non-linear behaviour of the circuitry modeled. He also said that it would come at some point, but no timeline.

And last but not least, I'm still hoping for a tube-powered mastering EQ, with transformers modeling, parallel bands and so on. I have faith he can do that properly ;).

keen for v1 of the Drop!

an EQ would be lovely, but i'm not holding my breath.
I'd buy any software Andy made i think. The issue is more - we need to clone him, as soon as possible, so we can use our software NOW!!! :love:

Return to “Effects”