DMGAudio Compassion (Launched)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dave, I know EQuilibrium is going to be a killer, but I bought my EQuick using license transfer as well and heard nothing back! :? It's been two days now.

PS All is forgiven if EQuilibrium is released at outrageously sexy prices to EQuick owners. :lol:
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

djanthonyw wrote:I just purchased a Compassion license from a user here on Tuesday as well. Does anyone know how long transfers usually take?
Ok, just received mine. Thanks, Dave!
You are currently reading my signature.

I still haven't received my license for Compassion. Dave, any chance it could get expedited? The transfer fee's been paid. Thanks.

Chris Conlee

Dave, I think I asked this already BUT

Would you ever consider releasing the clipper from Compassion as a separate plug-in?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Dave, I think I asked this already BUT

Would you ever consider releasing the clipper from Compassion as a separate plug-in?
Yes.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote:

Yes.

Dave.
This is going to sound stupid, but is it supposed to sound particularly good? I mean, is a clipper just a clipper? Because I remember being pretty astounded at what it did to the signal. I remember even trying it on a whole track and if you started to soft-clip gradually it just sounded amazing to me, like the whole track was becoming more intense.

I've thought ever since of just buying the compressor for that part alone. Then you have the transient designer which is extremely good too.

Thanks

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

One more thing Dave, what about releasing the transient designer and clipper as a combined plug-in? ... hmm? :)
Aiynzahev-sounds

Aiynzahev wrote:One more thing Dave, what about releasing the transient designer and clipper as a combined plug-in? ... hmm? :)
Or as two?

Dave.

Aiynzahev wrote:
DaveGamble wrote:

Yes.

Dave.
This is going to sound stupid, but is it supposed to sound particularly good? I mean, is a clipper just a clipper? Because I remember being pretty astounded at what it did to the signal. I remember even trying it on a whole track and if you started to soft-clip gradually it just sounded amazing to me, like the whole track was becoming more intense.

I've thought ever since of just buying the compressor for that part alone. Then you have the transient designer which is extremely good too.

Thanks

Sami
Yes, it is. It's really not just a clipper at all :)
Clip-limiter :D

Dave.

Hi. I'd like to leave a little feature request here:

Would it be possible to have a tickbox/right-click option for linking the bands in the main EQ section, that would effectively do the following:

Mouse X axis for frequency and Y axis for bandwidth, when dragging one of the bands.

Cheers!

Although Compassion has some complicated controls - I think this is really great for actually learning what some of these controls do!

I don't think this has been covered in the 39 pages (which I'm going to go through at some point) but can somebody give me a clue what some of these mods refer to:

British type 1 - SSL or Neve?
British type 2 - SSL or Neve?
Alchemy
Large Potentiometer
s-curves
Fabulous
Smooth

I understand that these aren't exact "emulations" yada yada - but it's nice to read through the cryptic names to understand what they're trying to sound like.

Thanks ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

OK - question time

The RMS setting (under Global) is in ms. I understand a compressor detecting peaks or RMS - but how does that work in ms? I thought it would be more like "either/or".

Does a low setting mean "a little bit RMS"? Does all the way up mean "RMS" as we tend to think of it - ie looking at RMS value of the signal?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I sink my teeth into the advanced section and I don't really understand the following parameters:

- AR Coupling

- AR Order (when AR Coupling Off)

- Attack Type

______with AR Coupling On
____________0%: perfect compensated attack circuit
__________100%: uncompensated circuit

______with AR Coupling Off
____________0%: Attack stage behaves like a low-pass Filter
__________100%: perfect attack circuit

- Release Type
________0%: Release to Zero
______100%: Release to Signal

I don't know what is achieved by tweaking these parameters … I don't know when I want to tweak these parameters.

Sorry for my stupid questions. :oops:

Please can anybody help me?

:help:

no one?

noidea wrote:no one?
RTFM... ;)

Return to “Effects”