Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Weird pitch sound (Seven lions remix)

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

jontah
KVRian

720 posts since 31 Oct, 2011, from Sverige

Postby jontah; Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm Weird pitch sound (Seven lions remix)

Hi!

I'm wishing to remake this type of sound, HOW the hell is it done?

http://youtu.be/NMmuxolcE6E?t=2m23s

the lead that comes in and goes together with the drop

would be very much appreciated to know how to do this awsome sound.

Cheers.
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:44 pm

No one can or wants to help out with this one? =) cheers
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:01 pm

I'd REALLY REALLY appreciate the help on this, I've been trying out alot of things, and I dont even get close.. please, anyone?
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Honestly, over 100 views and no one cares to drop any tips or tricks about this? makes me very sad :( would appreciate the help alot! I'd really like to make similar sounds
ntom
KVRAF

2269 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 pm

It's a saturated saw/triangle lead.
Any synth you have that is good at doing NES-styled sounds (with some controls) can do this. It has a little more character than a NES sound, sound probably twiddling the saturation, filter knobs a little and getting the oscillators right and you should be there. It's a simple sound. Open up synth1 and take a crack at it. Modwheel will do some of the cutoff, and some delay will do the rest of the effect - once you got the sound right.

Just put the threshhold of your compressor at -40db and turn the ratio to 10:1.

Here's an idea for a kick ass song; get a bumpin' kick, then put some white noise in on the track. Limit the SHIT out of it so that the white noise pumps. Cut, print it, send it to a record label, you'll be gold.
thedazed
KVRist

33 posts since 12 Sep, 2010

Postby thedazed; Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:41 am

Here's an idea for a kick ass song; get a bumpin' kick, then put some white noise in on the track. Limit the SHIT out of it so that the white noise pumps. Cut, print it, send it to a record label, you'll be gold.

Sounds bad? add more white noise!^^
not to forget about the reverb ;)
We are all the same

Free Downloads http://soundcloud.com/smbhproductions
Direct link to my own Glitchhop Interpretations ;D http://soundcloud.com/smbhproductions/sets/neuro-wave/
ILIOEnterprises
KVRer

2 posts since 15 Dec, 2011

Postby ILIOEnterprises; Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Do you have Omnisphere? Give the EDM - Bundle a try and see if some of those sounds will work for you. There are some "video game" type of sounds in there with pitch drop material also.

http://www.ilio.com/products/ilio-downloads (http://www.ilio.com/products/ilio-downloads)

Best,

ILIO Support
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 pm

ntom wrote:It's a saturated saw/triangle lead.
Any synth you have that is good at doing NES-styled sounds (with some controls) can do this. It has a little more character than a NES sound, sound probably twiddling the saturation, filter knobs a little and getting the oscillators right and you should be there. It's a simple sound. Open up synth1 and take a crack at it. Modwheel will do some of the cutoff, and some delay will do the rest of the effect - once you got the sound right.

thx ntom mate, but really, I've tried to get the same type of sound using sylenth1 or massive, I really cannot come close at all. The pitch variation in the sound makes it so interesting yet so weird, and cool! I thought it was some kind of filter doing that, and I've tried to pitch the cutoff mod and using portamento on the sound, but I really dont get close, I don't know.. could you be more specific about the filters and the saturation what needs to be done there? I cant figure it out by myself.
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Alright I found this tutorial on youtube, its a massive tutorial of a NES lead sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC8c8iEMuMY

easy, fair enough..

but that's not the problem. The problem is the filter/effect that this sound gives. It sounds very smooth, it's modulated with something, which I don't know, I suppose it's velocity or filter, it doesn't have a plucky sound, but a smooth, kind of belly sound. How do I achieve this effect? it sounds bubbly. Listen to the sound, it doesn't sound like it's a pure saturated NES sound. It's the filter that makes it attractive! (I suppose?) anyways, what do I need to do to get this same effect on my sound?

cheers!
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 pm

jontah wrote:

Alright I found this tutorial on youtube, its a massive tutorial of a NES lead sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC8c8iEMuMY

easy, fair enough..

but that's not the problem. The problem is the filter/effect that this sound gives. It sounds very smooth, it's modulated with something, which I don't know, I suppose it's velocity or filter, it doesn't have a plucky sound, but a smooth, kind of belly sound. How do I achieve this effect? it sounds bubbly. Listen to the sound, it doesn't sound like it's a pure saturated NES sound. It's the filter that makes it attractive! (I suppose?) anyways, what do I need to do to get this same effect on my sound?

cheers!

please, anyone would like to share knowledge here? I'm hungry for new stuff!
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 pm

no one? it's not the actual sound I'm looking for, that I can make out of a distorted saw/pulsewave a la NES style, but it's the effects, the weird filter modulation thing that I'm interested in. No tips at all on this? Highly appreciated!
jontah
KVRian

Postby jontah; Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:30 pm

I guess there is no point in asking for this anymore, no one seems to help about this matter.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design