Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
fatwhitelump wrote:It is a humbucker. Also, I don't know if you guys know this (I didn't know until I saw the Pawnshop) but this is a reissue of the Fender Bass VI that was out in the 60s-70's. There was also a reissue in 2006. The Pawnshop, however, has some differences, like the humbucker.
Is it stacked? It certainly looks like a standard Jazz Master pickup (not exactly the same thing as a P90).
Here are the specs:

Neck Shape: "C" Shape
Number of Frets: 21
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Neck Material: Maple
Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
Scale Length: 30" (76.2 cm)
Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
Pickup Configuration: H/S/S
Bridge Pickup: JZHB Humbucking
Middle Pickup: Special Design Hot Jaguar®
Neck Pickup: Special Design Hot Single-Coil Jaguar®
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
Bridge: Vintage Style Adjustable 6-Saddle with "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
Control Knobs: Jazz Bass® Knobs

Interesting! I think I saw something about these in a Premier Guitar NAMM video. If I remember correctly, they're supposed to look like traditional Fender pickups but sound more like PAF's.

Here's another cool looking Fender that uses them:

just what I need.......another guitar :bang:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG921FBK/

what does it have that you dont already have now? It's nice but no where near what you have now imo :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I want another hard tail for even lower tunings. I can't afford a 4000 mayones or a 3500 caparison.

lower tunings? Baritone :hihi:...Sorry, you know I'm excited about the bari :oops: The ibby looks nice, got that sweet neck and the price is right :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

On Thursday I will buy a Ibanez RGA321-F SPB second hand. :love:

Daimonicon wrote:On Thursday I will buy a Ibanez RGA321-F SPB second hand. :love:
I hate you (in a good way)

I had one, but it's a long story (that I'm bitter about) why I don't have it now. Lovely guitars.

finally Gibson Les Pauls at a decent price :hyper: :hihi:

real men use sg's.

vurt wrote:real men use sg's.
for what?

:x beating their friends who dont like sg's ya wiseguy!

:hihi:

vurt wrote::x beating their friends who dont like sg's ya wiseguy!

:lol:

I'd love to have an SG. And not just coz I am a big Tony Iommi and Angus Young fan. And not just to beat hink over the head with. :)

I almost nearly played a real one once, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

There is an expression and I've felt this way about women too: "Einmal ist keinmal".

Then again, if I did buy one, I'd get the one with the crosses for fret markers. There's another really famous guitar god that plays SG as his main guitar, but I can't think right now. Oh well, beautiful guitar, I suppose, imagine, dream...

:roll:

Btw, has anyone seen Angus Young's guitar rig, you know on these sites that give you the ins and outs down to the strings and plectrums used? Gibson SG, Lead, Marshall Stack. Ba*stard! The king of vibrato, and I don't think he even uses scalloped frets like Ritchie Blackmore. Or maybe he does, though I've never heard that.

When you find something that works..............

His brother doesn't exactly have anything different (except that strange guitar)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”