Goldbaby is back...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After a great many months in the Goldbaby kitchen I'm proud to present my latest sample pack.

Goldbaby Urban Cookbook Vol 2

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/urbancookbook2.html

More tasty ingredients from one of the dirtiest kitchens. Everything in the Goldbaby studio has been thrown into the pot. Drum Machines, real drums & Perc, synths, found sounds... all given the Goldbaby treatment!

These new recipes are perfect for these dishes: Hip Hop, Dub Step, Drum & Bass, Breaks, Grime, Dance Hall, Electro... Although chefs making other dishes like: IDM, House and Techno will appreciate the varied high quality ingredients. Punchy Kicks, Solid Snares, Hi Hats, Toms, Percussion, Claps, Cymbals, Layering tools, FX, Vinyl Hits, Chord Hits, Bass Tools and Rex Loops... just over 1 GB of the freshest ingredients.

--------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to check out the Goldbaby's studio? I have created a little video tour if you are interested:

http://youtu.be/upuA_WwCjE8

- Hugo

Oh man, that looks awesome. That's a lot of sounds. If I had the money I'd buy it, so I'll have to be patient, but even though I said 'No more samples' to myself, I think I might make an exception for this.

I recently bought Battery and love it to bits. So the fact I have Geist as well, kind of seals the deal. No idea when I'll have the cash, but maybe in a few months I'll grab it.

And over a Gb you say? And REX loops? How many REX loops? And what are/is Bass Tools? And also what is Wav Pack?

Thanks.

codec_spurt wrote:And over a Gb you say?
It's a Gb Gb. But not a GB.

Looks nice, Huggie.

Meffy wrote:
As long as it won't give me the EBGBs.

I can honestly say you lost me there Meffy. :)

Cool... I love the GB stuff.

This sounds tasty!

A Goldbaby Gigabyte but not a Group Buy. :-} EBGBs: excellent!

Meffy wrote:

Looks nice, Huggie.
Well, actually ... It's all kinda confusing.

Gigabyte = GB = 1000 MB (or 1024 MB depending on who's talking)
gigabit = Gb = 125 MB

Yeah, the MB stands for megabytes

Or that's the rumor anyway :)

codec_spurt wrote: And over a Gb you say? And REX loops? How many REX loops? And what are/is Bass Tools? And also what is Wav Pack?

Thanks.
Over a GB (1000MB). In other words... a nice big sample library!

There are 211 Rex loops. They include HH loops, perc loops, fx loops... These are groove elements... for use under your main beat to add another layer of groove. Or maybe as an intro or outro beat. Or cut up and re-arranged to create something else...

Wav... as in 24 bit wav..

- Hugo

I refuse to buy any sample packs in order to fuel any more GAS !!

That studio is outrageously impressive

Huggie wrote:[

There are 211 Rex loops. They include HH loops, perc loops, fx loops... These are groove elements... for use under your main beat to add another layer of groove. Or maybe as an intro or outro beat. Or cut up and re-arranged to create something else...

- Hugo
Cool. Actually, it was a rhetorical question, about the 1GB size anyway - the others weren't though so thanks for that, and you know, I know about the GB vs. Gb thing. I had to pop into hospital for a quick operation today and I'm still a bit groggy off the meds. :)

I make a point of never making that mistake, and the very minute I do, I am pounced on by the computer terminology police. :lol:

Good to see KVR keeping up the high standards to which it is accustomed to. And famous for. Quite right too.

I've studied programming for years (though I'm not really a programmer) and this mistake is almost unforgivable. Actually it is unforgivable. It's Seppuku for me. No other way out. The shame. Yes not one Gigabit, but one Gigabyte. I bought 500 GB drives so I could tell people that I have One Terranibble drives in my DAW. Yes, I'm shallow. :oops: But it was worth it just to listen to them always ask the same question: "What. is. a. Terror. Nibble?". I see the Silence of the Lambs flash across their minds eye as they take a step back, or two.

Just be thankful that I didn't spell it 'Go' like some people do. Yes I understand it is French, but why do English speakers do that talking to other English speakers? Never mind, it's not important. I think it's terrible though.

Back on thread -

So in other words it comes with over 2 Terranibbles of stuff. Awesomeness. And lots of REX files, that is a very respectable amount. In fact the reason I am interested is because you have hit the sweet spot with all the elements you have chosen.

And all in a 48 Nybble .Wav format. 48 Nybble is where it's at these days, no one uses 32 nibbles anymore! Right on. :D

Silliness aside this looks great. I love the Goldbaby stuff in Guru and in Geist, even making up presets that used the sounds when I did that free Expansion pack for it. And the free stuff is great too. Thanks. You've made a sale, hopefully by summer.

cheers.

always awesome Goldbaby samples, this will no doubt find it's way onto my wanted list

codec_spurt wrote:

- Hugo
Cool. Actually, it was a rhetorical question, about the 1GB size anyway - the others weren't though so thanks for that, and you know, I know about the GB vs. Gb thing. I had to pop into hospital for a quick operation today and I'm still a bit groggy off the meds. :)

I make a point of never making that mistake, and the very minute I do, I am pounced on by the computer terminology police. :lol:

Good to see KVR keeping up the high standards to which it is accustomed to. And famous for. Quite right too.

... snipped ...
I was just trying to give these great samples a Gigabump :roll:

Awesome looking studio :love:

codec_spurt wrote:

- Hugo

cheers.
Quick make some med induced music! Hope the operation went ok and your feeling better!

- Hugo

Huggie wrote:
Quick make some med induced music! Hope the operation went ok and your feeling better!

- Hugo
Thanks, it was no big deal. I just had a wisdom tooth out. Though I have been waiting 3 years for it to be done. :x

And the first time in my life I've had to have a tooth out. So a bit anxious. But the Valium sorted that out. :shock:

I was told to take it easy. Which suits me just fine. So I just spent most the day posting on KVR. Codeine is fun for a while, but time to crack on! Er, I mean get going again.

It's late and time for bed now, but I got some things done. Head over to the Camel forum for a small tease. Hopefully I'll get things finished by the end of next week. You might have to read the Limeflavour thread to see what I'm talking about. I'll open up my own thread soon... Got an offer of help from someone to do some testing for me on the project... And most the hard work has already been done by someone far more talented than me.

Anyway, nice one and looking forward to grabbing your soundset!

cheers.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”