Polyslax - Smear

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Down tempo ambient soundscape. Pretty darn noisy throughout, now that I think of it.

Smear

And at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/smear

Here are two looks at a guitar riff... something I did a couple of weeks ago but wasn't sure what to do with... thought I'd just sneak it in here. :)

Point to Point

Also at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/point-to-point

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

Both are very good but I really liked Point to Point. It has the funkiest grooves!
Thanks. :D

oh yeah, i agree with justin, both are mega cool (as always :D) but Point to Point has a great groove. uh huh. :bobbinghead emoticon:

The first part of Smear sounds like a glitched Louisiana funeral band whose SatNav is playing up en route. Sometimes my head does that at the office. After acquiring a decent signal they morph into a Brazilian lounge quartet before the attack of the megaphone-equipped lethargic Blue Whales brings proceedings to an untimely end.

Drugs? Moi?

Good work :)

I'm saving Point To Point for later :troll:

Thanks a bunch Justin, Debs + Tim!

Cool, I'm glad my little riff track is working. :)
Image Image

You certainly have a knack for kicking out the jams that quickly become some of my favorite music - I'll always stand in utter amazement at not only the fertility of your musical mind but the seemingly impossible rate at which you bequeath it to our ears

smear was pretty weird. the end part took me to a fog filled night in the swamplands. great atmosphere :tu: like tim, saving the other for later! :troll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really like the rhythmic parts of smear. The textures are tactile. Point to Point though, is right up my alley, twangy and telling a story. Really, really dig it.
..what goes around comes around..

I just had a quick listen to Point to Point. Have you got that Scottish Highland thing going on again, Matt? I think you posted a track about a year ago with a similar feel, although you didn't have the axe back then. No, must be my imagination. How can you make a caber without an axe?

Good work :)

I also prefer Point To Point although I have a feeling you might be able to do a better version of it. I thought the first half of P2P was good but a tad conventional while the second half sounded tentative. Still I think the P2P riff is good and worth revisiting.

personally i prefer Smear - i love it when you let loose with your oddness, it's a joy to behold. i like Point to Point very much too, it has a great groove :)

neil.

Great tunes, enjoyed both lots. Always amazed to hear how you tunes are so versatile yet there's always that signature polyslax vibe. :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Cheers all for your thoughts and kind words!
Image Image

Smear: Fantastico! It moves with groove and has spine to it, then calms. 8)

It's clear now and I see you plan to proceed with your world domination...and I'm cool with that. By the songs end, I'm totally relaxed.

Another great ride and I thank you for this. :)

Love both Matt ! Great work as per usual my friend !
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

Return to “Music Cafe”