Alchemy subscription page on patchpool

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a demo for a new patch which I just made - Zebras Talk. I'll be uploading it to the server asap so that all subscribers can download it using their Login data.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/z ... chemy-demo

Here is a demo for a patch I made this morning - will upload it in a minute so all subcribers can grab it.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... chemy-demo

There is a new patch available on the subscription page:

Chroma Textures
3 long samples made with Chromaphone and FX Plug-Ins, sources A+B play in Granular mode, source C in Sampler mode. Bring in the tuned Combfilter (key follow) with Controller 5. The involved samples are long so play long notes and let the sounds evolve and/or speed up sources A+B with Controller 2 (which also shifts the sample start points). The preset is tagged, all Controllers and x/y-pads are assigned, 8 Snaps are available in the Remix Pad.

Grab it on the subscription page. I also updated the compressed RAR-archive, it now contains all currently available patches (56 patches) - library size: 1.3 GB, download size: 847 MB.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... chemy-demo

I just uploaded a fresh Alchemy patch to the subscription page:
Tube Harmonics - Source A plays a sample created by turning a plastic harmonic tube at different speeds to achieve different harmonics. Sample playhead is slightly modulated by a random glide-LFO, turn Ctrl 1 (MW assigned to it) up to scroll through the sample. Source B plays a resynthed version of that sample resulting in a very warm pad sound, make it brighter with the "Sym B" Controller. All Controllers and x/y-pads are assigned, 8 Snaps are available in the Remix Pad.

All subscribers can grab it here.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/t ... chemy-demo

Here is a vid for a fresh subscription patch - Dark Dronepad - a multisampled synth in a waveshaped space - I'll upload the patch to the subscription page later today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbsZimsJHM

The new patch Dark Dronepad is now online, all subscribers can grab it from the subscription page:

Dark Dronepad - 50,9 MB zipped - 52,7 MB unzipped - (uploaded on 20.01.2013)
A multisampled Dronepad, 4 samples at different pitches produced by sending one of my Zebra patches through a waveshaped Reverb (B2). Lots of filter action going on, Snaps 3+4 are animated sequencer sounds. All Controllers and x/y-pads are assigned, 8 Snaps are available in the Remix Pad.

There is a new Alchemy patch online for all subscribers:

Glass Mystery - 19,8 MB zipped - 29,8 MB unzipped - (uploaded on 08.02.2013)
A mysterious soundscape and chromatic percussion instrument made from 3 glassbottle samples I created for my Padshop Pro Bank Granular Worlds. 2 processed glass sounds are playing in sources A/B, a resynthed pure glass sample in source C, which you can bring in with Performance Controller 5. All controllers and x/y-pads are assigned, 8 Snaps are available in the Remix Pad.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... chemy-demo

I'm fishing for more things to get from Patchpool/Simon Stockhausens sound universe I have and enjoy the following:

EdgyScapes for Filterscape u-he
ChromaZone for Chromaphone
Modelled Reality for Chromaphone
Iris Subsciption Set 1-23 expires October 2013 will be renewed
Granular Worlds for Padshop Pro
Drone Land for Padshop Pro
Cosmic for Padshop Pro
Beat Twista for u-he MFM 2
Glitchmania for Stutter Edit
Diversity for Diversion

Now the Alchemy sounds have me interested. I don't have Alchemy but this subcription set seems like a good and interesting value packed offering.

I wonder though is there a lot of overlap with say the Padshop Pro or the Iris sounds? Can I play these sounds with the Alchemy Player or do I need the full version?

I wonder if the coming update to Alchemy 2 is going to break all the patches. Or if for a fee the most interesting of them would be updated?

This again is a project I'm thinking of for when I feel I have some room in my budget.

Regards

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
I wonder though is there a lot of overlap with say the Padshop Pro or the Iris sounds? Can I play these sounds with the Alchemy Player or do I need the full version?

I wonder if the coming update to Alchemy 2 is going to break all the patches. Or if for a fee the most interesting of them would be updated?

This again is a project I'm thinking of for when I feel I have some room in my budget.

Regards

Wade
Hi Wade, all 3rd party patches for Alchemy don't work with the Alchemy player, so you need the full version. I've been thinking about compatibility with Alchemy 2 as well, but I'm sure the Camel guys will make sure that sounds from Alchemy 1 will work in Alchemy 2, otherwise they would have to reprogram all their Banks as well.
But v2 seems to be far away at this moment anyway.

There is no overlap with any of my other libraries, all samples I use for Alchemy are exclusive material but don't shoot me if there might be one sample amongst hundreds which would appear in 2 libraries.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:

Regards

Wade
Hi Wade, all 3rd party patches for Alchemy don't work with the Alchemy player, so you need the full version. I've been thinking about compatibility with Alchemy 2 as well, but I'm sure the Camel guys will make sure that sounds from Alchemy 1 will work in Alchemy 2, otherwise they would have to reprogram all their Banks as well.
But v2 seems to be far away at this moment anyway.

There is no overlap with any of my other libraries, all samples I use for Alchemy are exclusive material but don't shoot me if there might be one sample amongst hundreds which would appear in 2 libraries.
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess it would be too much to ask that the Player Versions (same situation as Reaktor) can play the 3rd party patches. It would not make good business sense for Camel Audio as they seem to have gone "hog-wild" and produced alot of their own banks. No matter though Alchemy comes up on the marketplace pretty often and by forcing my hand on this issue I'll repay in kind and buy it there when I have room in my budget..

TwoToneshuzz wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I guess it would be too much to ask that the Player Versions (same situation as Reaktor) can play the 3rd party patches. It would not make good business sense for Camel Audio as they seem to have gone "hog-wild" and produced alot of their own banks. No matter though Alchemy comes up on the marketplace pretty often and by forcing my hand on this issue I'll repay in kind and buy it there when I have room in my budget..
The player is an exclusive marketing vehicle for Camel Audio to sell their Banks, just like the NI or AAS players. I understand it marketingwise but for us 3rd party developers it denies access to probably the majority of Alchemy users.
However within the patchpool portfolio all my Alchemy Banks are by far the bestsellers, so I have no reason to complain.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I guess it would be too much to ask that the Player Versions (same situation as Reaktor) can play the 3rd party patches. It would not make good business sense for Camel Audio as they seem to have gone "hog-wild" and produced alot of their own banks. No matter though Alchemy comes up on the marketplace pretty often and by forcing my hand on this issue I'll repay in kind and buy it there when I have room in my budget..
The player is an exclusive marketing vehicle for Camel Audio to sell their Banks, just like the NI or AAS players. I understand it marketingwise but for us 3rd party developers it denies access to probably the majority of Alchemy users.
However within the patchpool portfolio all my Alchemy Banks are by far the bestsellers, so I have no reason to complain.
The strong survive. Look forward to getting your Alchemy subscription sometime soon!

Update on Alchemy. I found a good as new Alchemy in the Marketplace did a loooong list of calculations for my budget over the next two months. And did the deed! So I'll soon be an new Alchemy owner. Thanks once again to Simons great work. This time Diversity for Diversion came like a thunderbolt from the heavens and it just made me want to say I want more of this visionary sound designers work!

Hold your horses though it's likely going to take some time before I can hop in on this subscription after this hurumph small un forseen expense. But after I get over the thwack, the sting and the smack to my bank book I'll surely be back at the Patchpool Alchemy subscription thread..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Update on Alchemy. I found a good as new Alchemy in the Marketplace did a loooong list of calculations for my budget over the next two months. And did the deed! So I'll soon be an new Alchemy owner. Thanks once again to Simons great work. This time Diversity for Diversion came like a thunderbolt from the heavens and it just made me want to say I want more of this visionary sound designers work!

Hold your horses though it's likely going to take some time before I can hop in on this subscription after this hurumph small un forseen expense. But after I get over the thwack, the sting and the smack to my bank book I'll surely be back at the Patchpool Alchemy subscription thread..
Congratulations on a wise purchase then, Wade. Alchemy and the sounds for it is are a whole universe on their own and I'll make sounds for this thing as long as I live.

Okay now I'm Alchemy loaded, so what should I get the subscription or one of the soundsets? Or a combi bundle..

Return to “patchpool”