Bought excellent headphones for $20.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to a previous poster here I bought these: http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... cification They have 50mm drivers and seem to be excellent quality for the money. The sound is almost pro grade to my ears. They may not have a flat enough freq response for accurate mixing, but they are great for monitoring and general listening. For $20 they're definately a steal.

Looks like a Sony rip-off.

I can find nothing on the box they came in, or on the phones themselves to indicate who made them or where they were made, but it really doesn't matter to me because I find the construction decent and the sound and price excellent. I'll probably buy a couple more sets for my daughter and wife.

also a sleeper: Superlux HD681

unbelievable value for the few bucks.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

There is no direct connection between price and quality when it comes to
headphones, the cheap closed ones from Phillips became my prefered ones,
despite I have had various Seenheiser HD's also, The extreme cheap Phillips
always sounded better to me, have the advantage of being closed types, (with
accoustic isolation that actually works), and also have proved to be stronger
mechanical, The Seenheiser have had many problems with both wires, connector,
and defective capsules,.. so Phillips Low-end is an option also

HM

I have the Monprices that I use for singers tracking. I used them because my AKGs allow bleed through (because they're designed that way), allowing too much sound into the mic of the singer. The close back Monoprices do great. Especially for the low price.

Here's what I did. Remove the backcaps and stuff the cavity with cotton balls. It worked for me...more isolation and I believe a better sound.YMMV.
John
"B4serenity"

b4serenity wrote:I have the Monprices that I use for singers tracking. I used them because my AKGs allow bleed through (because they're designed that way), allowing too much sound into the mic of the singer. The close back Monoprices do great. Especially for the low price.

Here's what I did. Remove the backcaps and stuff the cavity with cotton balls. It worked for me...more isolation and I believe a better sound.YMMV.

Awesome DIY idea- never though of doing that with headphones at all. Awesome!
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

+1 for the Superlux HD681 and HD668b

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”