Kirk Hunter Concert Brass 2

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the official support area for Kirk Hunter's Concert Brass 2. All questions/discussions about Concert Brass 2 should be posted HERE. Please do not engage in general discussions involving opinions etc. There are other areas for that. This thread is STRICTLY for those who are seeking support or information from other forum members or from myself concerning Concert Brass 2. I will be checking here often, as this thread has been setup to contact me automatically via email. DO NOT contact me via email unless I have asked you to do so.

Hi Kirk

I'm not exactly sure how my CB2 folder should look as I've bought the TVEC4 upgrade separately and just added the TVEC4.1 update.

Do the TVEC4.1 replace the similarly labelled TVEC 4 instruments?

A picture of how it should look would be useful.

Cheers, Patrick.
Solid State Symphony, Alchemy, Loomer sequent, Cherry Electric bass, CoreBass Cherry, CoreBass Pear, Lots of Kirk Hunter stuff, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 24GB RAM, 10.12.2, Logic 10.2.4
http://audioscapist.net/
http://www.facebook.com/audioscapist

ptrickf wrote:Hi Kirk

I'm not exactly sure how my CB2 folder should look as I've bought the TVEC4 upgrade separately and just added the TVEC4.1 update.

Do the TVEC4.1 replace the similarly labelled TVEC 4 instruments?

A picture of how it should look would be useful.

Cheers, Patrick.
Hi Patrick,
Here is a list of how your CB2 folder should look:
00_cb2_TVEC_4.0_Instruments (folder of TVEC 4 instruments that you open with Kontakt 4 or newer)

00_cb2_TVEC_4.1_Instruments (folder of TVEC 4.1 instruments that you open with Kontakt 4 or newer)

1_french_horn_instruments (folder of instruments that you open with Kontakt 4 or newer)

2_trumpet_instruments (folder of instruments that you open with Kontakt 4 or newer)

3_trombone_instruments (folder of instruments that you open with Kontakt 4 or newer)

4_tuba_instruments (folder of instruments that you open with Kontakt 4 or newer)

cb2_fhs_half (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_fhs_half_b (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_fhs_quarter (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_fhs_solo (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_fhs_whole (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tbs_half (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tbs_quarter (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tbs_solo (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tbs_whole (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tps_half (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tps_quarter (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tps_solo (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tps_whole (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

cb2_tba_solo (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

IR_Samples (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

Samples_CB2_French_Horns_Stopped (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

Samples_CB2_Trumpets_Stopped (folder of samples referenced by the instruments)

Wallpaper (folder of skins referenced by the instruments)

Thanks Kirk

Is there any reason to keep the older versions if I've never used them in a project?

Although I know you like separate folders for your updates it would be much easier for me not to have so many folders. Would it cause me problems to put all the French Horn, for example into one folder?

Cheers, Patrick.
Solid State Symphony, Alchemy, Loomer sequent, Cherry Electric bass, CoreBass Cherry, CoreBass Pear, Lots of Kirk Hunter stuff, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 24GB RAM, 10.12.2, Logic 10.2.4

ptrickf wrote:Thanks Kirk

Is there any reason to keep the older versions if I've never used them in a project?

Although I know you like separate folders for your updates it would be much easier for me not to have so many folders. Would it cause me problems to put all the French Horn, for example into one folder?

Cheers, Patrick.
You can put the folders wherever you like. However, Kontakt may not always find all the samples, in which case, you would have to point Kontakt to your sample(s) folder for location.

The older versions may require a little less CPU, but not really noticeable unless you have a really slow computer.

Cool - thanks Kirk.

Hi, I posted the following question in the group buy section:

I got the ESA update for P and R strings, but I can't see a way to export the MIDI for further editing...

Before I fork out some more, as I don't have K5 full version yet, but I do have CS 2 TVEC 4, I want to know if you are planing to update ESA and Pattern Maker so we can export the MIDI data?

If you already know that it won't be technically possible, please let me know, as I don't need K5.

Thanks

What is the exact name of the root directory Concert Brass 2 is supposed to be installed in?

Thanks!

KirkHunter wrote:Here is a list of how your CB2 folder should look:...
There's no Tuba in TVEC_4.1. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Breeze wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:Here is a list of how your CB2 folder should look:...
There's no Tuba in TVEC_4.1. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Correct, no Tuby in TVEC 4.1.

The EXACT directory for Concert Brass 2 is not important as long as all of the folders and files follow the hierarchy, you should be ok. Let me know if you need a text file showing that hierarchy. But it should have been provided on your personal download page.

HI where can i download a concert brass documentation, seem to have lost it whilst transferring to my new computer.

Thanks

forbiddensilence wrote:HI where can i download a concert brass documentation, seem to have lost it whilst transferring to my new computer.

Thanks
Lots of info here:
http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products_cbrs_ii.html

I am using Concert Brass 2 with Vienna Ensemble Pro together with various other orchestral samples ( total memory used 12.7G out of 16G total ) linked to my DAW. Running Cubase 6.5 24bit.

Occasionally I get distortion and crackle noise from the CB2, but running it a few times it would disppear, then back later. Haven't tried if noise still exist on export audio.

What could be causing this, not enough RAM? Or CPU loading? Hard disk speed?

The noises should not happen during export. It's likely it's a system memory issue. Not that there is not enough, but just the way your system is handling it. Also check Kontakt's settings to make sure you have multiple cores option turned on.

Busy exploring CB2, after the group buy.

I have "extracted" the solo horn (TEVC4.0), ca 570MB, to complete a wind quintet (with XSamples chamber woodwind...) on my ageing computer. Superb, but I find no muted solo sounds, only muted sections. Perhaps I can try using FF sounds with clever equalisation ?

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”