Windows 8 Analyzer problems

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech,

i get display problems insisde Cubase 7 64bit on Windows 8. The analyzer stops and chops the whole time. No possible working.
Does anyone else also have this problem?
Did you test your plugins with analyzer inside Windows 8?

Thanks and greetings

Marek

Hi Marek,

can you tell me more about this? I didn't test it with C7 under W8, but I did on W7 and it seems fine. Please tell me which plugin and how to simulate it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Every plugin with analyzer.

All the time? Or in some specific situation? And how does it look?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The analyzer looks normal for 4 seconds and then it stops (freeze) for a really short time, then again 3 until 4 seconds okay, freeze and so on. Antivirus software is not running.

Thanks

Marek

What's up? Something new?

Thanks and Greetings

Marek

Nothing so far I'm afraid, couldn't simulate it, yet. I'll keep trying.
Vojtech

I verified the problem a litle bit more.
Everything is fine, until i move the mouse. If I start moving the mouse the analyzer freezes until I stop moving. The fun is, if I move the cursor outside the plugin, the analyzer doesn't stop, only if I move the mouse over the analyzer itself.

Now I know it is an overlay problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Sorry Vojtech, but it seems to je a plugin problem in programming. GlissEq and other eqs with analyzer don't have this problem.

I need help!?

Thanks and greetings

Marek

Ok, so this is what I did: I installed a fresh copy of Win 8 64, then Cubase 7 64, updated both. Installed MTotalBundle 64 and opened my own project / testing project available from Cubase download section. I added many analyzers including MMultiAnalyzer and MAutoDynamicEq. Opened many of them, activated every visualisation I could. And found no problems at all.

I suggest updating your OS & software, remove any stupid cleaner/antivirus, check for malware/viruses, update drivers for your graphics card (I wouldn't think this would be necessary, but there were about 2 cases, when visualisation was a problem and it was caused by shared memory of the graphics card, I suggest not using on-board graphics card).
Vojtech

Sorry Vojtech,

but my new Laptop still has the same problems. It is a onboard graphic, but no bad one. Seems like I have to change to other products, which have no problems :( .

Looking in the future and hope for the best.

Thanks and Greetings

Marek

You have the same problem with multiple computers??? :shock:
Vojtech

No, no. My Windows 7 Pc at home works fine.

I find some Workarounds for your plugs on my Laptop, not the best, but it works.

Thank you

Marek

What kind of workarounds?
Anyway it still reminds me the problem with shared memory - try to set the video device driver not to use shared memory.
Vojtech

Hi Vojtech,

my laptop has 16Gb RAM and I think I can't disable shared memory. It is an Intel HD Graphics 4000.

My Workaround is using the band settings. If I change there frequency, q and so on, the analyzer doesn't freeze. It's not the best way, but it works.

Thanks and greetings

Marek

Hmmm, not ideal, but hopefully it will do the trick. Anyway try updating the drivers. Maybe could you send me screen video?
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”