Kirnu - Cream pre-release 2

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

About hanging notes, I already reported this, but it's seemingly being missed:

Using input channel = 8 and output channel = 1, Arp doesn't stop notes when keys are released (arp goes on forever).

Everything works well with input and output channels both set to 1.

Happens in prerelease 2.

- Mario

Hermu wrote:
paterpeter wrote:I'm too experiencing hanging notes from time to time (Studio One 2.5/MUX). Cream's panic button helps, though.
i agree with paterpeter.
i also have hanging notes sometimes althougt i have a full defined Note area C2 - C10! with panic button these hanging notes can be stopped, but hanging notes should not occur. :shock:
i too am having a lot of hanging notes, especially in more complex setups (panic button in Cream works for me though). this is in energyXT1.41. other wise i am enjoying this plug-in!

i agree with most of the feature requests but would like stability to be the development focus at this moment.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

The same here, with hanging notes in Studio One V 2.5 64bit.

Just bought this great tools yesterday. Really like it, i own other arpeggiator but yours is the one already :D

It must be a huge work as doing it for Mac and PC for many daws :wink: and that brings of course many different case to solve.

I'am on Mac 10.8 and Cubase 7.02

I share my case :
-- When i right click mouse and holding shift on a number pattern (as show on your video tutorial) i don't have the menu to copy (all) and have tried also with "Ctrl" or "Cmd"
-- I have the hanging note problem to.

As feature not sure if it's already been asked :
If it would be possible to slide the sequence to the left or the right.

Hope my English not to bad
Thx again !!!

I am using the pattern sequencer on Track 1... the pattern sequencer is using the first 3 patterns. I am playing live and I do not get the next note played exactly at the right spot... is it possible to set it up so that if I play the note a bit early, the new note is not played until the pattern is finished and it moves to the next pattern?

Also today I accidentally hit the '7' key and it randomized the pattern and there is no way to undo that. I would like to eliminate that key command rather than run the risk of randomizing by mistake... particularly playing live.

Thanks...

pdxindy wrote:is it possible to set it up so that if I play the note a bit early, the new note is not played until the pattern is finished and it moves to the next pattern?

Also today I accidentally hit the '7' key and it randomized the pattern and there is no way to undo that.
First: I have to evaluate that.

Second: The first update after the public release will (probably) include undo functionality.

PepeLopez wrote:
pdxindy wrote:is it possible to set it up so that if I play the note a bit early, the new note is not played until the pattern is finished and it moves to the next pattern?

Also today I accidentally hit the '7' key and it randomized the pattern and there is no way to undo that.
First: I have to evaluate that.

Second: The first update after the public release will (probably) include undo functionality.

thanks for the reply...

Hello, mostly a newb here (but learning)! My dilemma is with the free Kirnu arpeggio sequencer. I LOVE it for its ease of use, but the sequencer seems to be stopping (hanging on a single note) about 25% of the time. Keying another note or just waiting a few seconds before keying another note seems to start the sequencing again, but this obviously will not work well in live performance situations. I cannot seem to narrow the problem. I've read previous issues with a "hang bug" in Kirnu, but thought that most of those were fixed. And, none of the workaround solutions apply to my VST host. I hope that this is just a configuration issue somewhere. Here is my setup:

Windows XP SP3 (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz, 3G RAM)
Cantabile Lite 2.0.0.2064 - VST host
ASIO4ALL - driver
Alchemy Player - VST soft synth (using Grand Piano instrument in this example)
Kirnu 1.2.1 - VST arpeggio sequencer
Keith McMillen 12-Step - MIDI foot controller

I'm not seeing any obvious CPU or memory performance problems. I've tried Kirnu with a couple of different VST synths/instruments and observed no change in behavior (still hangs/stops). I've also played with Cantabile latency settings, but that does not seem to help either. I only have a virtual keyboard (via computer keyboard) or a MIDI foot controller...I do not use/have a MIDI piano fingerboard. I will say that I cannot get the problem to replicate using the Cantabile virtual keyboard...it only happens when using my MIDI foot-controller (Keith Mcmillen 12 step). The KM 12-step MIDI controller executes 2 or more MIDI notes (up to a max of 5) simultaneously with one a single foot-button press. My hunch is maybe Kirnu cannot efficiently handle 2 or more MIDI note keys sent to it at the exact same time? This is mostly just grasping at straws though. Maybe there is configuration setting in either Cantabile, Kirnu, KM 12-step controller, or ASIO4ALL driver? Thanks in advance for your help!

First of all thanks for your feedback! It's really appreciated.

About those hanging note bugs. There is nothing more annoying than hanging notes :)

When you next time encounter a situation where Cream doesn't stop a note for some reason please try to reproduce the situation yourself and post the instructions here.
If we are able to reproduce the bug we are also able to fix it :)

-Arto

Hanging Note:

1. Start Kirnu with Preset: Init (Keyrange is C2 > B5 and Base is C2)
to produce hanging note press C6 or higher on keyboard

2. Kirnu Cream didn't send note off, after sequencer playing is stopped by user and in Kirnu Global Settings: Note release is on. Endless Notes can stopped with Panic button.

Cubase 6 Elements

Hermu wrote:Hanging Notes in Cubase 6
confirmed!

... I emailed Arto / Kirnu on 25 February , but no reply yet.
:(
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thought I'd post this just in case it could help someone. My problem was that Kirnu would stop the sequencer and/or would be playing catch up before restarting the sequencing of notes (not sure if that is the same as the "hanging note" issue described by others here). Anyway, I found a potential workaround for my problem. In my case, I only wanted to arpeggiate two notes and I was not using the Pattern button option. I enabled the Pattern button in Kirnu, limited the number of steps from 16 to 1, and then adjusted the On Beat appropriately. This must have made the two incoming notes manageable by Kirnu, because the pattern is nice and stable now...everything is arpeggiating just fine with no stops or delays. This may not work for more complex scenarios, but works like a charm for this one!

Future feature request for Cream...

This is an example from the Zebra arp on a pluck sound. You can tie notes and have portamento on just the tied notes and it is polyphonic... only that note bends, not the other notes sounding. So you could not do this with pitchbend either cause that bends every active note. This is a particularly lovely feature of the Zebra arp.

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Pluckde2.mp3

pdxindy wrote:Future feature request for Cream...

This is an example from the Zebra arp on a pluck sound. You can tie notes and have portamento on just the tied notes and it is polyphonic... only that note bends, not the other notes sounding. So you could not do this with pitchbend either cause that bends every active note. This is a particularly lovely feature of the Zebra arp.

http://draigathar.org/sounds/Pluckde2.mp3
that sounds great but i think it would be impossible to implement in a midi only plugin. zebra is it's own synth. cream has to work with many other synths that attach to it. :wink:
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Return to “Kirnu”