Experimental/ambient track - Through the Pain

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a sequel to a track I did for the KVR comp last month called PAIN. This one is lighter in tone, but still has some dark elements, plus some short moments of bliss.

http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/8mb1px3qz ... _remix.mp3

http://soundcloud.com/shangsean/through-the-pain
Last edited by Shangsean on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

wow, very cool track dude
i really like the development, and it's quite full of life, too. often ambient music seems to me repetetiv, which is absolutely no negative aspect, but yours was quite lifely to me, which is definately great :) !
it's somehow telling a story

keep it up dude, great production

cheers

This track is quite nice, I like it.
And your soundtrack work is pretty cool as well.
I've been a soundtrack fan forever and lately getting into ambient as well.
Good work! Cheers!

Thanks guys. I don't know if ambient is the correct term for this music, but it's the closest I could think of. Thanks for the story comment too, it's something I do try to put into my tracks. Another thanks to Mariosprt in regards to my soundtrack type stuff. I enjoy doing that type of thing a lot, but just lately I've been enjoying creating my version of ambient music. I've always loved music with atmosphere. I used to love listening to the artists on the Cold Meat Industry label many years ago.

Nice track. It goes through a series of phases which seem to convey varying moods. It's fairly dark but in differing degrees. You have some really great sounds on here.

Good work :)

Thanks for the feedback. As the title states, this track is about getting through/over pain. So I was trying to convey lingering darkness, but also relief. Hopefully it sounds something like that.

I've updated the track ever so slightly. I just smoothed out some things that bothered me.

Thanks again.

great track. it evolves beautifully and the subtle shifts in mood are great.
i like this a lot.

neil.

Thanks a lot for the comment. Sorry about the late reply.

Really cool atmosphere in this. What did you use to get those evolving synth sounds? Massive?

Thanks a lot for the comment.

The main choir-ish pad is The Pentodian Resonator Choir by Hideaway Studios for Kontakt.
The low rumbling bass one that kicks in about halfway through comes in and out towards the end is Galaxy X from Best-Service.
The strange drone thing running through a lot of the mid-section is Hollow Sun's Advanced Noise Generator running through Camel Space.

Excellent. I've listened to this one a few times. Thanks, Shangsean.
No longer a moderator.

This is an ambient track that keeps my interest due to its evolving nature.
The changes you were after are realised in full! Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks for the comment D.H. Miltz. Always nice when someone listens to one of my tracks more than once.

Thanks Allomerus. I'm glad the concept comes across in the music. You're never really sure if what you're hearing in your own music means the same thing to someone else.

Return to “Music Cafe”