MuLab & MUX Vst 5.0.41

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:Please email me that session. (no need to include samples etc)
Sent!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

michi_mak wrote:
sorohanro wrote:Maybe a MIDI keyboard would speed up things quite a bit?
maybe slow down before giving uncalled for answers?

I apologise for trying to answer to a question in the forum. I never thought that trying to be helpful might offend you.

On several MIDI keyboards you have some specialized buttons for "start", "record", "loop" and some include also other MIDI functions as changing channels...etc
Some of the MuLab devices and also some VSTi have "learn from MIDI" functions, so, if you have some templates with your instruments loaded already, you could make a track without using the mouse (too much).
I'm not sure if all the functions are supported by MuLab at this time but in theory it should work.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/media_bdbviewe ... ml?image=4

I was just using Mulab for an hour or so and noticed that Mulab is quite fast and efficient :) One click on the Mulab symbol and a fraction of a second later the program is ready :D Same thing when closing.

I also like the browser a lot. Just clicking and dragging entire racks into a project is really nice and efficient. Not countless clicks and browsing menus like with other DAWs.

What I also noticed, unlike with other DAWs there doesn't seem to be any interference between VST GUIs and Mulab GUI. I am using TAL's Elektro a lot and in Mixcraft the whole user interface starts to flicker when I click and drag a VST control for seconds. As if the mouse position were hijacked by the DAW, although the operation was started in the VST. With Mulab Elektro works flawlessly :)

Yeah. Mulab has the best VST support I have ever seen. If a VST doesn't work in Mulab it's 99.99999999999.....% that the VST has a problem
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

While I like the arrow buttons to step through patches, unfortunately they don't seem to work well with VSTs. For instance, I have my TAL Elektro patches all in one folder so that I can access them easily from any DAW. Now, when I open one patch in that folder, the path seems to get lost and when I click one of the patch selection arrow buttons in Mulab's VST window, I get a patch of the synth's default patches instead of the neighboring patch in my external patch folder.

Is there some kind of time-out in the Mulab audio engine? I noticed that when I have Mulab on and for some reason leave my computer alone for a half hour or so (I didn't clock the time, it felt like half an hour maybe) and then return and play, the audio engine has stopped and I hear no sound. When I restart the audio engine in the Mulab menu, the sound is back again. Not a real problem, just wondering as it happened twice today...

fluffy_little_something wrote:While I like the arrow buttons to step through patches, unfortunately they don't seem to work well with VSTs. For instance, I have my TAL Elektro patches all in one folder so that I can access them easily from any DAW. Now, when I open one patch in that folder, the path seems to get lost
How do you mean?
and when I click one of the patch selection arrow buttons in Mulab's VST window, I get a patch of the synth's default patches instead of the neighboring patch in my external patch folder.
That's indeed what the previous/next buttons do in the VST editor: Step thru the internal VST programs.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is there some kind of time-out in the Mulab audio engine? I noticed that when I have Mulab on and for some reason leave my computer alone for a half hour or so (I didn't clock the time, it felt like half an hour maybe) and then return and play, the audio engine has stopped and I hear no sound. When I restart the audio engine in the Mulab menu, the sound is back again. Not a real problem, just wondering as it happened twice today...
Is the overload fuse enabled? See MULAB menu -> Audio Setup. If yes then set it to "Off" and check if the same thing happens again after some time.

OK, will try that :)

Speaking of the audio setup, does it have to do with my computer that it won't accept any sampling rate other than 44.1?

Are you using ASIO? If yes, try changing the samplerate in your soundcard's control panel.

Ah, ok. I had already changed the bit-depth (bit-depth and latency are the only two parameters on the ASIO panel) from 16 to 24, but I still could not use a sampling rate above 44.1. But now that I changed the bit-depth to 32, I can set the sampling rate higher. Will those higher settings use much more CPU power?

No, not really.

I was just programming a patch and had zillion of windows open (envelopes, oscs, etc.). Is there a way to close all those windows at once? When you click on the little arrow in the rack you can close the patch's main window, but all the windows lower down in that patch's hierarchy stay open. I guess it would be better to open and close all of a patch's open windows when clicking on that arrow in the rack repeatedly. Just a suggestion :)

In that vane, since the sub windows open all over the screen, sometimes covering the racks, it would be better if clicking on any part of the rack would move it to the front so that one does not have to drag windows away in order to access the arrow.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I was just programming a patch and had zillion of windows open (envelopes, oscs, etc.). Is there a way to close all those windows at once?
Yes, via a shortcut only, it's called "Close All Module Editors".
When you click on the little arrow in the rack you can close the patch's main window, but all the windows lower down in that patch's hierarchy stay open. I guess it would be better to open and close all of a patch's open windows when clicking on that arrow in the rack repeatedly. Just a suggestion :)
Sounds like a good idea. Any critical thoughts from other users?
In that vane, since the sub windows open all over the screen, sometimes covering the racks, it would be better if clicking on any part of the rack would move it to the front so that one does not have to drag windows away in order to access the arrow.
I'm afraid that's not easy to do. Windows and OSX have certain restrictions wrt windw management. But i know that there is a need to have more control over the multiple editor windows, and step by step i'm collecting ideas on the WL.

Ah, ok. Found the shortcut option, cool :) I seldom use shortcuts as I have to use them for other programs as well, which creates a bit of a chaos in my mind ^^

Anyway, it seems to close all editors of all patches being edited, and applying the same shortcut again will not open all those editors again. They get closed for good.

Still, the existing shortcut option is good enough in most situations. I seldom edit more than one patch at a time, only when I compare certain patch details.

Return to “MUTOOLS”