How to fully uninstall Albino

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I fully uninstall albino? I've been having issues with it and no longer want to have it on my comp.

thanks

Are you on PC or Mac ? :)

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Are you on PC or Mac ? :)
Hi, I have the same question and am using Mac 10.8.

To uninstall Albino 3 and presets remove these files:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Albino 3.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Rob Papen/Albino 3.vst
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/Albino 3.dpm
/Library/Application Support/LinPlug/Albino3Banks

Best regards,
Pavol

Hi there,

How does one remove it completely from PC (WinXP SP3)?

Are there various registry entries that need to be removed?

I'll be reinstalling it immediately afterward, but want to start completely fresh due to an issue i'm having with the preset menu.

TIA
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

There's nothing much written in the registry, but you can search the registry keys for "LinPlug" and see.

Preset menu seems to always point to "Demo Sounds 1" folder, and selects one preset at random from it on each installation (that were my findings, at least!). I didn't find a way to change this. It would've been nice if we could change this somehow. Peter? :)

EvilDragon wrote:There's nothing much written in the registry, but you can search the registry keys for "LinPlug" and see.
Thanks, will have a play.
EvilDragon wrote:Preset menu seems to always point to "Demo Sounds 1" folder, and selects one preset at random from it on each installation (that were my findings, at least!). I didn't find a way to change this. It would've been nice if we could change this somehow. Peter? :)
Mine opens up with -------- as default on the preset menu. In other words the link to the preset folder is broken. I have reinstalled getting on for 20 times now and it always does the same thing.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Mine opens up with -------- as default on the preset menu. In other words the link to the preset folder is broken. I have reinstalled getting on for 20 times now and it always does the same thing.
Do you see it when creating new track or opening existing session?

palec wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Mine opens up with -------- as default on the preset menu. In other words the link to the preset folder is broken. I have reinstalled getting on for 20 times now and it always does the same thing.
Do you see it when creating new track or opening existing session?
No, neither.
If its an existing track/session the preset opens perfectly, but the preset name and folder still show -----------

For new tracks/sessions the default preset opens again with --------- in the description fields.

Return to “LinPlug”