Waves License Transfer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, can someone who has experience with Waves License Transfers how long it takes for the process to be completed?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I was unable to find it.

Thanks in advance.

For up to $700 RRP bundles 1-2 days. For >$700 I would say just a little more. If everything else in the list is already fulfilled of course...

1) First make sure your license has been updated to version 9.x in your Waves Account.

2) If your version 9.x license has been authorized, please move the license back up to the cloud from within the Waves License Center.

3) Please send me an e-mail to matt@waves.com<mailto:matt@waves.com> with the following information (we will confirm all previous iLok authorizations are removed):

Waves Login (where the license is registered): ______________

Waves Password (where the license is registered): _____________

Waves Login (where the license needs to be moved): ______________

Waves Serial Number/s being transferred: ________________

4) There is a $150 transfer fee for products $700 normal list price or higher. This transfer fee will cover as many licenses as you need to transfer at one time.

5) Upon receiving your e-mail I will confirm the following steps are complete and then e-mail you a credit card authorization form to complete this transfer payment (or it can be done via PayPal).

6) Once this payment is finished I will complete the transfer. The Waves Update Plan end date will be transferred to the new owner as well.

Thank you ZINO, I'm aware of the process and fee when >700.

I was just missing how long it takes for the license to be transferred.

Cheers mate.

I am just saying that the fee thing can add some days... Other than that a couple of days - really no more...

Actually I was asking myself why it would take more for >700 ;)

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Steps 4 to 6 (could) take time... :D

If your WUP is active all the prerequisites are in order then it usually goes very quickly. Under 700$ no fees.

In all honesty, all the license transfers I have gone through have not taken more than couple of hours. I have even had cases where emailing them with request, they have done it like 3 minutes later.

If you have to pay transfer fee, it will probably take a day or two.
No signature here!

Thanks robotmonkey - I'm buying, BTW ;)

Return to “Effects”