Weird pitch sound (Seven lions remix)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I'm wishing to remake this type of sound, HOW the hell is it done?

http://youtu.be/NMmuxolcE6E?t=2m23s

the lead that comes in and goes together with the drop

would be very much appreciated to know how to do this awsome sound.

Cheers.
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

No one can or wants to help out with this one? =) cheers
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

I'd REALLY REALLY appreciate the help on this, I've been trying out alot of things, and I dont even get close.. please, anyone?

Honestly, over 100 views and no one cares to drop any tips or tricks about this? makes me very sad :( would appreciate the help alot! I'd really like to make similar sounds

It's a saturated saw/triangle lead.
Any synth you have that is good at doing NES-styled sounds (with some controls) can do this. It has a little more character than a NES sound, sound probably twiddling the saturation, filter knobs a little and getting the oscillators right and you should be there. It's a simple sound. Open up synth1 and take a crack at it. Modwheel will do some of the cutoff, and some delay will do the rest of the effect - once you got the sound right.

Just put the threshhold of your compressor at -40db and turn the ratio to 10:1.

Here's an idea for a kick ass song; get a bumpin' kick, then put some white noise in on the track. Limit the SHIT out of it so that the white noise pumps. Cut, print it, send it to a record label, you'll be gold.

Here's an idea for a kick ass song; get a bumpin' kick, then put some white noise in on the track. Limit the SHIT out of it so that the white noise pumps. Cut, print it, send it to a record label, you'll be gold.
Sounds bad? add more white noise!^^
not to forget about the reverb ;)
We are all the same

Free Downloads http://soundcloud.com/smbhproductions
Direct link to my own Glitchhop Interpretations ;D http://soundcloud.com/smbhproductions/sets/neuro-wave/

Do you have Omnisphere? Give the EDM - Bundle a try and see if some of those sounds will work for you. There are some "video game" type of sounds in there with pitch drop material also.

http://www.ilio.com/products/ilio-downloads

Best,

ILIO Support

ntom wrote:It's a saturated saw/triangle lead.
Any synth you have that is good at doing NES-styled sounds (with some controls) can do this. It has a little more character than a NES sound, sound probably twiddling the saturation, filter knobs a little and getting the oscillators right and you should be there. It's a simple sound. Open up synth1 and take a crack at it. Modwheel will do some of the cutoff, and some delay will do the rest of the effect - once you got the sound right.

thx ntom mate, but really, I've tried to get the same type of sound using sylenth1 or massive, I really cannot come close at all. The pitch variation in the sound makes it so interesting yet so weird, and cool! I thought it was some kind of filter doing that, and I've tried to pitch the cutoff mod and using portamento on the sound, but I really dont get close, I don't know.. could you be more specific about the filters and the saturation what needs to be done there? I cant figure it out by myself.

Alright I found this tutorial on youtube, its a massive tutorial of a NES lead sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC8c8iEMuMY

easy, fair enough..

but that's not the problem. The problem is the filter/effect that this sound gives. It sounds very smooth, it's modulated with something, which I don't know, I suppose it's velocity or filter, it doesn't have a plucky sound, but a smooth, kind of belly sound. How do I achieve this effect? it sounds bubbly. Listen to the sound, it doesn't sound like it's a pure saturated NES sound. It's the filter that makes it attractive! (I suppose?) anyways, what do I need to do to get this same effect on my sound?

cheers!

jontah wrote:

Alright I found this tutorial on youtube, its a massive tutorial of a NES lead sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC8c8iEMuMY

easy, fair enough..

but that's not the problem. The problem is the filter/effect that this sound gives. It sounds very smooth, it's modulated with something, which I don't know, I suppose it's velocity or filter, it doesn't have a plucky sound, but a smooth, kind of belly sound. How do I achieve this effect? it sounds bubbly. Listen to the sound, it doesn't sound like it's a pure saturated NES sound. It's the filter that makes it attractive! (I suppose?) anyways, what do I need to do to get this same effect on my sound?

cheers!
please, anyone would like to share knowledge here? I'm hungry for new stuff!

no one? it's not the actual sound I'm looking for, that I can make out of a distorted saw/pulsewave a la NES style, but it's the effects, the weird filter modulation thing that I'm interested in. No tips at all on this? Highly appreciated!

I guess there is no point in asking for this anymore, no one seems to help about this matter.

sorry I'm almost a decade late, but it sounds like sidechain compression and some layers... did you ever get your answer?

See Attached zip file with midi and Synth1 preset

It's a pulse lead with glide @ 140 bpm
He plays with the filter cut-off in nice ways that help the transition etc.
Never heard this song before but I like it a lot.

Getting the midi right makes it a lot easier to figure out how much pulse width to set it to

He sidechains the delay. I put the delay in the preset but it was definitely done externally with sends and it ducked as the lead plays so that the echo comes up automatically when you don't hear the lead and there's plenty of reverb on it too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”