What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Evanessence 2, 1.7 GB full GM/GS soundfont. New, final version released May 1st 2013.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

42 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Postby Sarcyan; Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am

Final advice and recommendations

Since I have completed the readme and release notes, I would like to give you some recommendations regarding soundfonts that feature excellent sound quality, listing both free and commercial soundfonts.

These are some equally fantastic and excellent ones:

Arachno Soundfont, Merlin Symphony, SGM 2.01, Fluid R3, GMR Basico, GeneralUserGS, silverspring, GenevoiceGM64Pro, Titanic, Aspirin, proVitamin MKII, etc etc...

For those interested in professional sounding Reverb plugins, Anwida is an excellent commercial reverb plugin. You can find it here:

http://www.anwida.com/product.asp?pid=2

If you are interested in an equally fantastic and amazing free reverb effect that sounds like the professional ones I'd recommend Freeverbtoo (love the Init (Insert) setting), which features both 32 and 64bits VST plugins and it has a DX version too.

You can find it here:

http://www.sinusweb.de/freetoo.html

Enjoy. Cheers :harp: :band2: :band: :tu:
KVRist

240 posts since 29 Dec, 2011, from Europe

Postby Diego_C; Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Downloading your pack me too...thanks really a lot for doing and sharing it.
I wish you a nice weekend!
Cheers!
KVRist

Postby Sarcyan; Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:41 am

Thanks for your kind comments Diego_C.

I also uploaded the file to my Skydrive account.

Skydrive is now free and you don't need to have a Hotmail account or something like that to download files anymore (it was a requirement not much time ago).

This is the download link from Skydrive:

http://sdrv.ms/WDSv0R

enjoy, see you!
Last edited by Sarcyan on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRer

4 posts since 8 Mar, 2013, from Germany

Postby paul mueck; Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am

Dear Cose,

first of all thanks a lot for your work!

Both download links are not working for me.
SkyDrive says:
"This element is possibly not her or it's not available anymore"
GoogleDocs says:
"Unfortunalety there's no access to this document"

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Paul
KVRist

Postby Sarcyan; Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:11 pm

paul mueck wrote:Dear Cose,

first of all thanks a lot for your work!

Both download links are not working for me.
SkyDrive says:
"This element is possibly not her or it's not available anymore"
GoogleDocs says:
"Unfortunalety there's no access to this document"

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Paul
Hello Paul.
I am sorry if that happened to you, although it was a calculated risk and it was me who deleted the old files. The problem is that I updated the soundfont with a late fix -found a rogue sample in a melodic preset-, and added a few samples and some other interesting changes.

Hence I had to reupload the whole thing to Google drive and Skydrive once more.

The positive side of it is that it means that the version you can download now is the best version that there ever could be.

These links are there to stay for years to come. :)

The finalization of this particular soundfont is something I wanted to accomplish before, and although these things are typically thought out well beforehand, it can be more challenging at times than you expect it to be, while other times it was a breeze too, so it kind of compensates...

I am going to update the initial post of this thread with the new links.

These are the new, final and concluding links to download the soundfont:

http://sdrv.ms/103NOfg (Skydrive)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6caGN_QlJVESDl1TGQyc0NPT0E/edit?usp=sharing (Google drive)

Enjoy Paul. Cheers.

EDIT: To the rest of you who downloaded this file before, PLEASE UPDATE to the new version. It has some very interesting additions and improvements compared to the previous version.

-Cose
Last edited by Sarcyan on Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVRer

4 posts since 8 Mar, 2013, from Germany

Postby paul mueck; Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello Cose,

thank you very much for your quick and long answer.
I'm just downloading from SkyDrive.

I can imagine that it has been a huge project and a lot of work,
even if I only can suppose what I will get.
But it must be great!

After years of doing nothing I'm about to start making music again.
Virtuell sounds and simular things a quite new to me.
Last time I worked with the old Atari and different hardware synthesizers.
So I think your work is one great thing to start again.

My best best wishes to you

kind regards

Paul
KVRAF

2669 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks for this! I hope to download this really soon! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
KVRist

Postby Sarcyan; Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 am

Many thanks to all of you for your feedback.

UPDATE, May 1st 2013:

I updated the soundfont a couple of days ago, May 1st --new download links can be found in the first page too.

It's time to move on for me but I achieved my goal now. Nothing is perfect but the main weaknesses left before have been basically addressed in these two months.

I tried to follow the advice of a person who believes in this soundfont and knows his stuff and address the weakest parts of the soundfont. Namely the woodwinds.

That's why I continued and retouched it.

I totally replaced the Brass, the Strings Ensemble -the previous version took too much space, it was prone to add a lot of voices to the mix without much benefit, etc-.

I also completely replaced the Shakuhachi, the Koto features 48kHz samples now. I fixed the unbalanced sound of the Piccolo -loud- & the Charang -it was so quiet behind the harmony- among a few others tweaks and fixes here and there.

These are the new download links --the old links still work but I'd wholeheartedly recommend the new version.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6caGN_ ... sp=sharing

http://sdrv.ms/103NOfg

Evanessence isn't going to be replaced, ever!!

Even so, there is a slight possibility that a continuation of the former Musical Box; a new version called Musical Box 2, or Musical Box Fusion or Mega Musical Box -still thinking about a possible name if it is ever completed-, becomes a reality some day.

However, we could be talking about Gigabytes worth of data here, and the soundfont won't be completely created by me, but a friend.

It's just something that might happen... or not. I am not going to make promises on that to be honest.

Take care of yourself people. Enjoy.
Regards

-Cose
KVRer

1 post since 12 Apr, 2013

Postby kyrmaan; Sat May 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing such an impressive work!
KVRer

1 post since 11 Jun, 2013

Postby barehill; Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:50 am

I am a long time fan of Synthfont and have downloaded dozens of synthfont instruments and collections over the years searching for the 'perfect' instruments. Periodically I look for new compilations and I must say that the Evanessence 2 is really phenomenal, the best I've used yet. I always had trouble with woodwinds - of all types, and most brass. But Evan'2 is wonderful. The only over-ride I use is for the piano, I like the Steinway a bit better and a Stradivarius for the violin. Everthing else is fantastic, strings, wide assortment of drums ....
Thanks for all the hard work, it must have been daunting. :)
KVRer

1 post since 27 Aug, 2013, from France

Postby cambar; Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:06 am

Hi!

First of all, what an amazing soundfont! Thanks very much for your work!!

I'm trying to batch convert midi drum loops to wav using Timidity++ and it's the first time I use soundfonts so it is a newbie question. When I simply create a config file such as:

dir C:\timidity
dir C:\timidity\Musix
soundfont "Evanessence2.SF2"

I get the standard drum set.

How can I do to use a different drum set, for example Electro drumset?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries