Kontakt Audio Drop-Out Issue

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Kontakt for probably 75% of the music I make, but strangely I am only experiencing the following issue with Cinesample's CineBells.

Every time I load a CineBells instrument into Kontakt 4 on a Pro Tools 9 session, I'll play one or two notes, and immediately (if not on the first note then on the fourth or fifth), I'll get a loud POP in my speakers, and the audio will cut out completely until the last audio file triggered has run through its full duration. This will cut out the sound from any other applications running on my Mac, not just from Pro Tools (so if I have a podcast playing in the background, that will cut out too while the issue occurs).

I should have ample RAM for CineBells, as I've had no problems using far more memory intensive libraries such as Prominy instruments. I've tried purging and reloading samples, but nothing I've done seems to work. The CineBells samples are also stored on a dedicated internal hard drive along with the rest of my Kontakt instruments.

I contacted Cinesamples tech support, and unfortunately they couldn't offer any advice on how to fix the issue.

Anyone else experienced something like this with Kontakt, or have an idea on how to solve it?
Music for Games and Media: www.kingseamus.com

Hi,
I have just pm'd you some instructions that might help out, or point you in the right direction to discover why it is dropping out.
Cheers,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Sounds to me like the audio is overloading the levels (i.e. hitting the end stops and into the red). Kontalt seems to have some degree of 'protection' and mutes stuff if levels go over.

Maybe nudging levels down on the lib in question might help.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hey thanks for the reply!

I had forgotten that I'd asked this question on KVR, so my apologies for the late response. I'll try that out--hadn't realized that Kontakt might have a kind of auto-mute protection system when the audio clips.

Thanks again!

Thomas
Music for Games and Media: www.kingseamus.com

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”