Cableguys Curve 2 - Version 2.1 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

Curve 2.0.5 is out now!

We are happy that we could fix the bug with the hanging notes which could occur when switching presets or toggling mono/legato modes, while playing multiple notes.

With the new version it is also possible to get all the great presets of the Curve 2 CM version, which include new quality patches by sound designers such as Michael Kastrup, Pluginguru, Xenos Soundworks and community designers Konrad, Earworm, EdT, to name a few.

A lot of new stuff to discover and enjoy!

Cableguys - Audio Plugins
Last edited by Michael / Cableguys on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyphersuit wrote:So how much cpu does curve2 need? Can you compare it to another synth?
It is hard to say, since it really depends on the combination of features a preset uses. So the CPU usage can vary a lot.

The best thing to check how it runs on your system would be probably to download the demo version:

Cableguys - Downloads

There is some problem with free-curve waveform thing with mine on Studio One 2.5.

I don't really buy synths, and I wanted to try Curve because it's an idea I love, and I only got around to doing that today.

I only own three synths and I don't want to increase the number of them, so sorry Razor, you've gotta go, this new cool thing is taking your spot. 8)

Easy modulation and GUI... should be even more powerful with Cableguys' other tools.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

How i can set patch to private ? btw i use only Computer Music magazine version now but still nice bit unique idea. This synth have limited uses some pads,leads and bass and arpegio sounds. maybe best use is pads with are mixed with other pads of form other synths.

JPQ wrote:How i can set patch to private ? btw i use only Computer Music magazine version now but still nice bit unique idea. This synth have limited uses some pads,leads and bass and arpegio sounds. maybe best use is pads with are mixed with other pads of form other synths.
Sorry, I only saw your post now. So, when saving a preset, you can tick the box "Set to private" in the dialog box. But also later, there's the option to set your presets to private as long as you have not uploaded them as public presets yet: Tick the 2nd-right icon in the line of your preset in the preset browser and it will toggle from public to private.

Our website and Curve's online database are currently offline, as we are migrating to a faster server (well the old one was quite on high CPU load when many people synced Curve's library at the same time).

We'll be back within the next hours.

Cableguys Curve/CurveCM 2.0.6 are available via download now 32/64bit, tested and working in cubase 7.0.3 32/64bit ;)

We've just released Curve 2.1!

It includes an important bug fix for Curve's aliasing mode plus some minor other fixes.

Also, we've improved the syncing of Curve's presets with the online preset library - the major change, besides a speedup, is that now also your private presets will be backed up online.

So you create a preset, set it to private, sync with the server, format your hard drive, set up a new operating system, install a sequencer and Curve, sync, and - da da - all your presets are in place again.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:So you create a preset, set it to private, sync with the server, format your hard drive, set up a new operating system, install a sequencer and Curve, sync, and - da da - all your presets are in place again.

are you kidding me ? april fools was last month.
I hate this idea. I do not want my personal presets on your cloud servers, not even if stored on your server but set to 'private'. Besides, the advantages of this are approximately nil. "oh lordy, i formatted my drive without backing up any of my personal files. but thank goodness out of all the data i lost my private curve presets are backed up on their cloud server" is what no one will ever say.

you wanted to keep all people's curve presets on your server before, seems you can't let go of the idea.

if I set a preset to private, I expect it not to be uploaded to any servers when syncing publicly shared stuff. period.

ChiTown24 wrote:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:So you create a preset, set it to private, sync with the server, format your hard drive, set up a new operating system, install a sequencer and Curve, sync, and - da da - all your presets are in place again.

are you kidding me ? april fools was last month.
I hate this idea. I do not want my personal presets on your cloud servers, not even if stored on your server but set to 'private'. Besides, the advantages of this are approximately nil. "oh lordy, i formatted my drive without backing up any of my personal files. but thank goodness out of all the data i lost my private curve presets are backed up on their cloud server" is what no one will ever say.

you wanted to keep all people's curve presets on your server before, seems you can't let go of the idea.

if I set a preset to private, I expect it not to be uploaded to any servers when syncing publicly shared stuff. period.
Well, it's not just that. Also, if you work on more than one computer, your presets will be synced to both, now also including private presets. And it's much simpler than storing each preset by hand before you format your hard drive or set up a new computer (do you really want to do that when you back up your computer?)

Let me assure you, we will not touch the presets, will not make them public etc. It's simply a new feature which makes the preset browser safer to use.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Let me assure you, we will not touch the presets, will not make them public etc. It's simply a new feature which makes the preset browser safer to use.
Human error. it happens. besides, this new 'feature' doesn't offer any real advantages, the scenarios where it's more useful than existing methods are slim. as for convenience, the road to hell is paved with it. What a terrible precedent to set for the sake of pandering to the ultra tiny minority of electronic musicians who find it too troubling to save their own presets on their own hard-drive between OS updates {as if they're not using their own backup methods for their personal data anyway}

I don't know why you're so keen on having all our personal presets on your server, but if this is how you intend to carry on with curve or any other cableguys products I will be selling my license{s} in due course.

ChiTown24 wrote:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Let me assure you, we will not touch the presets, will not make them public etc. It's simply a new feature which makes the preset browser safer to use.
Human error. it happens. besides, this new 'feature' doesn't offer any real advantages, the scenarios where it's more useful than existing methods are slim. as for convenience, the road to hell is paved with it. What a terrible precedent to set for the sake of pandering to the ultra tiny minority of electronic musicians who find it too troubling to save their own presets on their own hard-drive between OS updates {as if they're not using their own backup methods for their personal data anyway}

I don't know why you're so keen on having all our personal presets on your server, but if this is how you intend to carry on with curve or any other cableguys products I will be selling my license{s} in due course.
I'll be happy to take said licenses off your hands...

Couldn't you work around this by doing your daw work offline? Or altering permissions so curve can't connect to the server? Or does it use c/r protection? Regardless, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want your personal presets backed up on line, but whatever your reason is, you're certainly entitled to it. I personally think it's neat, since I have multiple computers for audio work.

ChiTown24 wrote:

I would not have expected that reaction at all. From a development perspective, this new feature simplified the code quite a bit, and we believe it adds value, so we saw no reason of not to do it. We've written automated test cases which make sure that presets are safe - in these tests, different users download the database, and the tests make sure that only the owner can see his private presets. Well we are not the Bank of America and maybe someone hacks into our server, but if you are afraid of that, your computer should maybe not be connected to the Internet either.

But still, we hear your words. If more users feel this way, we can think about making backing up of the private features optional. I'd hate to do so, because it complicates things a lot, but yes, we're listening.

Thunder your speakers with a powerful supersaw sound!

Preset Designer Myagi shows in this step by step tutorial how you can create a rich supersaw sound with Curve 2 from the scratch.

We hope you like it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0a-OPbCI88&hd=1

If you want to know how to create certain sounds with Curve 2 or if you have other questions about preset design, please let us know.
Last edited by Michael / Cableguys on Wed May 29, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comments welcome! We plan to do more tutorial videos, hope you think they're useful?

Return to “Instruments”