SYNERGY STUDIO is out!!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do apologize. I thought I bought Aurora, but I never did. There does seem to be a similarity between some parts of Meteor and some features of Aurora, but without owning Aurora, I cannot say one way or the other.

However, even if it is a fusion between the two, I really like it. I remember now that Aurora never really jived with me, so it is nice to see I own a similar product but that does work with my way of creating music. I still find Meteor (with all the trimmings) to be a superior DAW for the iPad.

As far as DAWs go, Auria may be the best, but I am afraid to use it for fear of it being too herky jerky for my ipad2. Meteor runs smooth as glass AND has MIDI and video and lots more in the store! I bought almost everything with Meteor and it is VERY useable.

Mike

gdog wrote:Hi Sean,

Re sustaining note lengths, all u have to do is tap, hold & drag to the right. This is explained in the opening tutorial, I just tested this with the Pad Synth instrument & it works, maybe ur using a fast decay/low sustain instrument so don't hear it (maybe u could go into the edit synth / instrument menu & adjust sustain settings, I don't know for sure as I've only played Synergy for a few mins).

Also, if u search 4pockets on YouTube u'll find some helpful tutorial videos.

All the best, <3
Cool! Thanks for the info! I haven't bought it, but I was certain something like this wouldn't have been omitted from the app. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I would really like to try this but I have such a hard time buying anything from 4pockets after feeling like I've been "burned" with apps like meteor and stompbox....hope it's good but I think I'm set for now!
I can't personally say I've been burned by them (I've never purchased anything from them), but their lack of online community has turned me off. Virtually every app I have is created by a developer that has an active community and easy access to the developer (ie facebook, a forum, etc). 4 Pockets seems to have purposely avoided any form of open communication (the best I think they have is a little-used fan created forum). Sure, you can send an email, but that hardly equates to the kind of community I look for from a developer. I have even emailed 4pockets a couple of times with questions and never got responses. I have really wanted to jump on the Meteor train, but have hesitated for this above mentioned single reason.

How did you get burned Derek? My reason for posting is so that the company can hopefully see the use for the community I have mentioned. Maybe comments like yours and mine could encourage them to open up a little to the public. :-)

--Sean

I thought I would pop my head into the forum and say hello to everyone.

I am really sorry you feel that we don't have much of a community spitit, we are a small team but we do have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/4Pocketsaudiowhere we encourage users to talk to us and each other.

We love to hear from users and always try to facebook/twitter tracks sent into us. We also offer Bi-Monthly interviews where we feature a user.

We also try to offer great technical support, Paul who runs the support section always trys to offer a quick turnaround on support queries, but as we are UK based that could still mean a time log for some.

If you have any support queries then contact supprt at 4pockets.com

I will try to come on here more often as well.

Thanks
Tracy :D

Welcome, welcome, Mr. 4Pockets! I love Meteor and have had some fun with Aurora so it's only a matter of time before I pick up Synergy as well. Thanks for stopping by!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

4Pockets wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I would really like to try this but I have such a hard time buying anything from 4pockets after feeling like I've been "burned" with apps like meteor and stompbox....hope it's good but I think I'm set for now!
I can't personally say I've been burned by them (I've never purchased anything from them), but their lack of online community has turned me off. Virtually every app I have is created by a developer that has an active community and easy access to the developer (ie facebook, a forum, etc). 4 Pockets seems to have purposely avoided any form of open communication (the best I think they have is a little-used fan created forum). Sure, you can send an email, but that hardly equates to the kind of community I look for from a developer. I have even emailed 4pockets a couple of times with questions and never got responses. I have really wanted to jump on the Meteor train, but have hesitated for this above mentioned single reason.

How did you get burned Derek? My reason for posting is so that the company can hopefully see the use for the community I have mentioned. Maybe comments like yours and mine could encourage them to open up a little to the public. :-)

--Sean

I thought I would pop my head into the forum and say hello to everyone.

I am really sorry you feel that we don't have much of a community spitit, we are a small team but we do have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/4Pocketsaudiowhere we encourage users to talk to us and each other.

We love to hear from users and always try to facebook/twitter tracks sent into us. We also offer Bi-Monthly interviews where we feature a user.

We also try to offer great technical support, Paul who runs the support section always trys to offer a quick turnaround on support queries, but as we are UK based that could still mean a time log for some.

If you have any support queries then contact supprt at 4pockets.com

I will try to come on here more often as well.

Thanks
Tracy :D
Hey Tracy! Thanks for posting! I've probably been the biggest complainer about lack of community or contact, and I want you to know that it means a great deal to me to see you post a response! :-) I'll check out your facebook page. If your team responds there, I will be perfectly satisfied. :-) I wish you the best of luck in your software! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I purchased this app last night and I really like what I see. However I think there is a bug on the analog and pad synth parameters. I am trying to create a slow rising evolving resonant sweep pad by adjusting the VCF attack time to about 9.50 to no avail :( I have noticed that there is no difference in the VCF attack time from around 4.00 to the max of 10.00 on the attack adjust. I have also tried putting AMT to max and adjusting cuttoff but it just makes the sound brighter. Any advice?

Artmuzz wrote:I purchased this app last night and I really like what I see. However I think there is a bug on the analog and pad synth parameters. I am trying to create a slow rising evolving resonant sweep pad by adjusting the VCF attack time to about 9.50 to no avail :( I have noticed that there is no difference in the VCF attack time from around 4.00 to the max of 10.00 on the attack adjust. I have also tried putting AMT to max and adjusting cuttoff but it just makes the sound brighter. Any advice?
Thanks for highlighting this for me, leave it with me and I will see what we can do.

Tracy

4Pockets wrote:
Artmuzz wrote:I purchased this app last night and I really like what I see. However I think there is a bug on the analog and pad synth parameters. I am trying to create a slow rising evolving resonant sweep pad by adjusting the VCF attack time to about 9.50 to no avail :( I have noticed that there is no difference in the VCF attack time from around 4.00 to the max of 10.00 on the attack adjust. I have also tried putting AMT to max and adjusting cuttoff but it just makes the sound brighter. Any advice?
Thanks for highlighting this for me, leave it with me and I will see what we can do.

Tracy
Thanks Tracy. When the synth parameters are fixed Synergy Studio will be awesome as it looks very versatile.

Just got synergy.
Sound is just same old GM sounds. Nothing original.
Audio paste kills audio in app if another app is open.
Layout is confusing.
No overall view of song seq, just each part.
I cant find a zoom out in seq so cant view full piano seq.
Fx are the same as meteor.
For £10 its just a new version of meteor multitrack.

Overall it might be good one day, but paying twice for the same app
Is not good, since i already have meteor multitrack.

I think 4pocket need to find a new sdk for their audio software, fx and gm sounds are old now, try looking at ipolysix its retro and well designed.

If you're still listening Tracy, please forward a request from me for proper transport controls. Call me old fashioned but I like to see STOP/BACK buttons in my sequencers. Kind Regards.

balasco wrote:If you're still listening Tracy, please forward a request from me for proper transport controls. Call me old fashioned but I like to see STOP/BACK buttons in my sequencers. Kind Regards.
I am and its on the Wish List for you. :D

One more thing then, can I request some form of graphical highlighting for the down beats, 1,5,9,13,17 etc? Thank you. :D

balasco wrote:One more thing then, can I request some form of graphical highlighting for the down beats, 1,5,9,13,17 etc? Thank you. :D
I will add them to the wish list to see what we can do.

balasco wrote:One more thing then, can I request some form of graphical highlighting for the down beats, 1,5,9,13,17 etc? Thank you. :D
I totally second that.

Hi folks. Could users (or dev) answer the following:

1) when placing notes on the grid, do they sound when they are being placed? (I play by ear so it's important for me to hear the note as it's placed, as opposed to creating a pattern then hitting play to know what it sounds like).

2) Synergy has its own set of instruments, plus it can drive external midi devices. Is it possible to drive other iPad synth apps (eg Sunrizer)?

Thanks, Bill

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”