Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I'm sure that ST3 will be cool, etc., I'm perplexed by IK's abandonment of Sampletank 2.5 for x64 development. Surely that can't be as difficult as the expected ST3 overhall?

It would breathe new life into the former flagship brand for many of us. I know I'm not alone when I say that I didn't even bother to install the Sampletank products when I upgraded to a x64 OS last year. I've got countless gb of Sampletank related instruments, but until and unless I get a way to play them without a bridge, they will not even be on my radar.

It's a shame, really, because I loved those products, and did some of my best work with them. But I've replaced them and moved on.

Meantime, IK does seem to know the value of x64, as evidenced by the upgrades of Amplitube and the T-Racks line. Why they haven't at least tried to tide us over to ST3 with an ST2 update is beyond me.

And, while I'm ranting, why no CSR x64 development. Still my favorite verb, and I can't seem to get that sound from any other reverb.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

The idea of ST 64-bit is a good one (it was made more than once, so thank you for those that did make the point about that). Also CSR is supposed to have 64-bit compatibility soon and I agree with the notion of it having a VERY specific sound so thanks for that one, B.

I happen to be in the same building as the project manager for ST so I'll make the suggestion about a 64-bit update and see if there's any traction there. I'm sure there are resource challenges even there but it is worth a discussion.

I agree that a 64-bit SampleTank 2 is better than no 64-bit SampleTan at all. In fact I would prefer to get that first.

The only reason I haven't been actively pushing for that is that my DAW has been also late coming to market with their 64-bit version. But it could happen at any time, and I'm gonna be a more than a bit frustrated to have SampleTank being the only VI or plugin which is not 64-bit. Since I have ST installed in every song project that is underway (literally more than 100 legacy projects which are still being worked on) this is likely to be sore issue for a long time.

Also I must consider this... If there is any chance that SampleTank 3 is not going to replace SampleTank 2 within my projects and automatically load all the instruments that are already loaded in ST2, then I want a 64-bit ST2 more than anything. I need for all the instruments loaded into my projects to be able to keep loading for years into the future, and don't want to constantly find myself having to make projects 64-bit ready by having to do a bunch of manual processes to save my presets and then reload them in ST3. I am all too familiar with ST crashes and loading or saving of presets being finicky, and all of this will constitute hours of work just to get my projects to continue running efficiently on a 64-bit platform.

The more I think about it the more I would like to get a 64-bit ST2.

Peter or Squids, do either of you have any idea of whether ST3 is intended to automatically replace an instance of ST2 or will it run side by side with ST2? If it isn't going to replace a ST instance then I BEG YOU to release a 64-bit version of ST2 asap or I am going to face the same kind of nightmare I faced when switching to OSX and finding that SampleTank could not load presets from former projects. I spent dozens of hours having to go back to my non-OSX computer and opening projects just so that I could save all the ST combis so that they could be reimported back into the same projects into a blank instance of SampleTank in OSX.

Your tech support people promised that this would never happen again, so I really hope measures are being taken so that a fellow like me (one of your biggest supporters) isn't going to be drowned in misery when making the transition.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The idea of ST 64-bit is a good one (it was made more than once, so thank you for those that did make the point about that). Also CSR is supposed to have 64-bit compatibility soon and I agree with the notion of it having a VERY specific sound so thanks for that one, B.

I happen to be in the same building as the project manager for ST so I'll make the suggestion about a 64-bit update and see if there's any traction there. I'm sure there are resource challenges even there but it is worth a discussion.
Ahhhh good! I wrote the above message before reading your last message, so I have given you some more powerful reasons for urging the project manager to consider considering and prioritizing a ST2 64-bit update.

Please do keep us informed of developments on this. With this latest round of discussion I am more interested in a 64-bit update than ST3. It is much safer for a trouble-free future in my studio. :)

Yeah, I'm moving to 64 bit and I really don't want to have to bridge old 32 bit stuff either. Would be good to see *something* 64 bit regardless of what version number is on it.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The idea of ST 64-bit is a good one (it was made more than once, so thank you for those that did make the point about that). Also CSR is supposed to have 64-bit compatibility soon and I agree with the notion of it having a VERY specific sound so thanks for that one, B.
Good to hear CSR is on the x64 development track.
Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

So Peter, can we expect 64 bit CSR by the end of the year?

vespers75 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:Sampletank 3...that has taken too long already.
I justed wanted to quote that from the post I made on page one, almost 2 years ago...
And that post was made over a year ago...

This is starting to become an annual tradition or something.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

vespers75 wrote:This is starting to become an annual tradition or something.
SampleTank 3 was supposed to be released in the first quarter of 2013. The first quarter is almost over.

Meanwhile, I have still have not upgraded my DAW to 64-bit (DP8), because ST is holding me back (along with SoundToys). I sure hope that by the summertime we can finally make the transition and start enjoying the benefits of the modern age.

There were some groovy Sonic Reality projects coming down the pipeline too, which have still not materialized. Are those Beatley pianos recorded with Ken Scott through a REDD desk being saved for the ST3 release? Or are they part of an upcoming new Sonic Reality product?

I sure hope to see some of this stuff soon. :-)

zedd wrote:
vespers75 wrote:This is starting to become an annual tradition or something.
SampleTank 3 was supposed to be released in the first quarter of 2013. The first quarter is almost over.

Meanwhile, I have still have not upgraded my DAW to 64-bit (DP8), because ST is holding me back (along with SoundToys). I sure hope that by the summertime we can finally make the transition and start enjoying the benefits of the modern age.

There were some groovy Sonic Reality projects coming down the pipeline too, which have still not materialized. Are those Beatley pianos recorded with Ken Scott through a REDD desk being saved for the ST3 release? Or are they part of an upcoming new Sonic Reality product?

I sure hope to see some of this stuff soon. :-)
Since I went to 64 bit with Sonar X2, companies like NI are slowly winning me over. Today I just got my Komplete 9 Ultimate upgrade all 64 bit. I'm thinking IK is abandoning the pro user for the IPad market which is where the sales are. Otherwise in this competitive world ST3 would of been out long ago and ST2 would of been bumped to 64 bit. At the end of the day they are hurting themselves. There are other alternatives and people are finding them. :(
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

vespers75 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
I justed wanted to quote that from the post I made on page one, almost 2 years ago...

Who wants to take odds on it not being available by this date in 2014? :hihi:

My post was made the first day of spring...so we'll see if its released by the first day of spring 2014... :wheee:
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

robojam wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:

If it isn't out in 2013 I'll send you a serial for T-RackS CS Grand. Sound good?

hydemusic wrote:I'm thinking IK is abandoning the pro user for the IPad market which is where the sales are.
Hardly.
Otherwise in this competitive world ST3 would of been out long ago and ST2 would of been bumped to 64 bit. At the end of the day they are hurting themselves. There are other alternatives and people are finding them. :(
That's one segment, which ignores the progress on AmpliTube (just received news on another great line of amps, and we already had progress that we solidified at NAMM with others), ARC, and T-RackS (3 new modules coming out VERY shortly). Also ignores how we've already used SampleTank 3 content in those iPad apps you mention (which are actually also used as more than mere practice tool or toys by many) to be more efficient so we can work in parallel on both desktop and iOS/mobile endeavors.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go with what you can now if you need something that fits your needs, have a field day with the alternatives etc and we'll put out SampleTank 3 in 2013 and it will be a unique tool with its strengths, just like the current version of it and our other products are and far beyond that. It will probably be reasonably priced enough to be in the tool belt for many and I'm confident it will be a killer product.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
robojam wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:

If it isn't out in 2013 I'll send you a serial for T-RackS CS Grand. Sound good?
OK, it's a deal, but don't blame me if you see me collecting a few side bets too :hihi:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”