Indiginus new Solid State Symphony -- looks pretty cool

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sweet. I just bought this on Friday night, and I already get an update!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Holy s***!! This sounds freaking amazing, and for only $40??? A poor college student such as me can afford that!!

Wow. Some great instruments on your page, I must say. Bought the acoustic guitars yesterday, what a bargain!, and how easy to get really good sounding strums and rhythms. Really well done. Torch will be next for me, I guess. Really some ingenious scripting going on in all of these.

I must, however, criticise your lacking ability to spell things in the right way. It's INGENIOUS, not "INDIGINUS"! (or were you trying to say "Indie Genious"?)

Apart from that serious drawback :D , I'm really glad I've accidentally discovered your website through this thread. Great instruments at great prices!

Oh great, now everyone uses it.
It's mainstream now.
Off to market place to sell mine.
...NOT.

I agree, I only found this library by accident, and I (relatively) instantly bought it because the price is insane.

To be honest, it sounds artificial and not at all real, but then - it never said it would. Won't become my go-to library therefore, but I am already using elements of it as layers in my projects. For when one needs alternative sounds, this lib is a gold mine!

The flexibility is unbelievable, and also how the instrumentation can be dependent from the velocity... very impressive scripting effort. And now there's a free update with MORE content and functionality?!

One of the true no-brainers if there ever was one, a must-buy for Kontakt owners into any sort of synthesized and sampled music.

While I was at it I also bought the Lap Harp.
Didn't use it yet, but the time will come.

Your site, Mr. T, is now officially on my watch list. ;)
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Just adding some off-topic praise: The Indiginus support is great as well. Yesterday evening I had some problems downloading "Torch", and they sent me a new download link (shortly after I'd asked for it) at about 11.30 PM (!) :tu:.

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread (not that it was very old). I couldn't remember the name of the software and was close to contacting Stephen at Hollow Sun for the details. The $5 downloads look great too.
I've bookmarked now :)

Bear River Open
This was an attempt to get as close to a real orchestral sound as I could. There are 10 instances of SSS in one Kontakt 4 multi, and it was bounced to a single stereo track with no additional effects except limiting.

https://soundcloud.com/indiginus/bear-river-open

Just to let everyone know that there is another update (1.3) available.

This is a free update (Kontakt .nki instrument files only) for anyone who purchased Solid State Symphonybefore March 5, 2013. This update corrects a problem with the 1.2 update, where a filter was inadvertently placed on the Strings 1 element, causing it to sound muffled. Yes, it's an update to fix an update. :oops:

I also removed an unneeded mod wheel controlled pitch LFO from some of the brass elements.

If you bought Solid State Symphony after March 5, 2013, you do not need this update.

SSS Update 1.3 Link

Thanks!

TC

I just grabbed the 1.3 update and it seems there was some additional sample content added in the 1.2 update that I seem to have missed.
For those of us that can't seem to keep up with the program,what would be the best way to obtain the 1.2 update?

:( Thanks MRT

MRT wrote:I just grabbed the 1.3 update and it seems there was some additional sample content added in the 1.2 update that I seem to have missed.
For those of us that can't seem to keep up with the program,what would be the best way to obtain the 1.2 update?

:( Thanks MRT

No problem- since the 1.2 update had additional sample content, you'll need to send me an email with your original purchase data.

TC
tc@indiginus.com

Done - Thanks:)
Also:
I've been surprised that no one has mentioned the incredible (Spacey) pads you can make with Solid State Symphony. One of the things that surprised me.

Just letting everyone know that a new update (1.4) is available!
This is the third update of Solid State Symphony since it's release in January.

The update includes:

-New improved reverb, which gives the whole instrument a richer and more airy sound!

-Several new PadScape presets, new Pitchmod sounds and patterns, and some new preset nkis.

-Same great flavor!

I'll get some new demos up in the next few days. You can download the update HERE.

TC

Is this a "complete" update or "incremental"?

I mean, can I install the clean SSS and then only this update, or do I have to install every single update? Is there maybe an already completely updated installer for SSS?

I screwed up somehwere along the first update. Didn't read the instructions etc., and now I lost track. Facing a complete new SSS install, that's why I'm asking.

Cheers
Rob
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Thanks TC.

I like to try to keep my folders a bit tidy. I see in the install instructions we should: Just drag the SSS Update 1_4 folder into your Solid State Symphony folder.

At this rate, I have lots of little update folders inside the main folder. Not really knowing what is what.

I also have another folder for Solid State Symph (the older paid for version).

It's starting to get a bit messy for me.

Would it be possible to download the completed final version of this Library?

Appreciate all the extra work you're putting in and everything but I'm just getting a little bit confused by it all.

Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

tcollins wrote:Just letting everyone know that a new update (1.4) is available!
This is the third update of Solid State Symphony since it's release in January.

The update includes:

-New improved reverb, which gives the whole instrument a richer and more airy sound!

-Several new PadScape presets, new Pitchmod sounds and patterns, and some new preset nkis.

-Same great flavor!

I'll get some new demos up in the next few days. You can download the update HERE.

TC
WooHoo! :party: SSS was awesome to start with, the steady stream of updates is just sauce for the goose - thanks!
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”