Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony Orchestra Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the official support area for Kirk Hunter's Diamond Symphony Orchestra. All questions/discussions about Diamond Symphony Orchestra should be posted HERE. Please do not engage in general discussions involving opinions etc. There are other areas for that. This thread is STRICTLY for those who are seeking support or information from other forum members or from myself concerning Diamond Symphony Orchestra. I will be checking here often, as this thread has been setup to contact me automatically via email. DO NOT contact me via email unless I have asked you to do so.

I have a quick question about any shared content between the libraries: do CS2 and CB2 share any samples with the Diamond Orchestra? Does each library use completely separate sample sets?

"Yes" or "no" will do. Thanks!

Breeze wrote:I have a quick question about any shared content between the libraries: do CS2 and CB2 share any samples with the Diamond Orchestra? Does each library use completely separate sample sets?

"Yes" or "no" will do. Thanks!
Other than a few of the 1st violin heavy vibrato samples, no samples are shared between CS2, CB2 and Diamond. And even then, the samples are only from the same recording session, and not the exact same choices.

I have managed to delete my Diamond samples. The download link is no longer active. I'm I out of luck or is there a way to reactivate the download link?

bta wrote:I have managed to delete my Diamond samples. The download link is no longer active. I'm I out of luck or is there a way to reactivate the download link?
Easiest is to contact Kirk directly with your receipt email and tell him what you need, he is usually responding quickly,

cheers
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Thanks for that, mchannemann. That's exactly how I was going to respond. :)

What is the exact name of the root directory Diamond Orchestra is supposed to be installed in?

Thanks!

Breeze wrote:What is the exact name of the root directory Diamond Orchestra is supposed to be installed in?

Thanks!
There is no EXACT name to be used. You can call it something like "Diamond" or "KH Diamond". As long as all the contained folders and files are in the proper hierarchy, then all should be good.

Hello.

I purchased the Diamond Instruments for EXS back when it was cool (2008, maybe...) I'm still using Logic and was wondering what my upgrade path looks like?

Thanks!

Actually, if you're wanting to upgrade a newer version of Diamond, there isn't any for the EXS version. However, you're still entitled to discounts on other purchases. Check at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/upgrade.html to find how much of a discount you can get.

I've got Diamond here. Have been pondering the TVEC3 upgrade, but I have a question about that. I originally started out with Emerald some years ago. Then I upgraded to VSPro, which gave me Ruby too, that came on HDD's. Then I later upgraded to full Diamond_K2, which I guess was pretty much just rearranging the folder structure and the TVEC programming...

So my question is that the TVEC instruments I have now have Concert Strings, Studio Strings, Chamber Strings and Symphony strings. I'm rather fond of the Emerald sound, call me strange, it brings less of that big hollywood sound and more of an intimate old school orchestra, which I kind of like. I believe that was symphony and Studio strings under the Diamond structure.

Under TVEC3 how would I go about using those? If TVEC3 is one consolidated instrument with all the articulations, that's cool, but just looking at the screenshots, it appears to basically be for Concert Strings only, or some such? Can you please explain what TVEC3 would access and whether I would need to continue using the old TVEC programming for accessing certain specific sampled sections, like studio, chamber and symphony?

The new Concert Strings 2 is out of my budget right now, but if its pretty affordable to go to TVEC3 (and TVEC4) I might do it, but I guess I probably have to download the latest samples too, not sure.

Dewdman42 wrote:I've got Diamond here. Have been pondering the TVEC3 upgrade, but I have a question about that. I originally started out with Emerald some years ago. Then I upgraded to VSPro, which gave me Ruby too, that came on HDD's. Then I later upgraded to full Diamond_K2, which I guess was pretty much just rearranging the folder structure and the TVEC programming...

So my question is that the TVEC instruments I have now have Concert Strings, Studio Strings, Chamber Strings and Symphony strings. I'm rather fond of the Emerald sound, call me strange, it brings less of that big hollywood sound and more of an intimate old school orchestra, which I kind of like. I believe that was symphony and Studio strings under the Diamond structure.

Under TVEC3 how would I go about using those? If TVEC3 is one consolidated instrument with all the articulations, that's cool, but just looking at the screenshots, it appears to basically be for Concert Strings only, or some such? Can you please explain what TVEC3 would access and whether I would need to continue using the old TVEC programming for accessing certain specific sampled sections, like studio, chamber and symphony?

The new Concert Strings 2 is out of my budget right now, but if its pretty affordable to go to TVEC3 (and TVEC4) I might do it, but I guess I probably have to download the latest samples too, not sure.
You are absolutely right about TVEC3 no addressing the old Emerald Symphonic samples. They do use the Emerald Changer strings and solo strings however. They're referred to as 4 Players-violin, 4 Players-violas, 3 Players-cellos and 2 Players-basses (Chamber). So if you're really only interested or prefer the Emerald Symphonic section, then I would not upgrade to TVEC 3 at this point.

well not only interested in Emerald per say, but I do want to continue to be able to use those instrument sets as desired. As long as TVEC3 does not require me to rearrange the sample folder paths to the point of making the old TVEC instruments not work, then I could certainly still consider TVEC3 in general for any improvements it brings and then continue to use the old TVEC instruments for the classic Emerald sound when I want it.

Hi Kirk, I really need to update my email address, in the past you'd told me that it was not possible...

I quote you: "It would be a bookkeeping nightmare to reference..." I saved the email.

This is very inconvenient for me, please let me know if you can fix it at once?

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”