Anyone else anticipating the new Cerberus Audio thingy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/cerberus-a ... d-au-21926

"Cerberus Audio has announced Epoch Dynamic Comb Filter, a plug-in effect for achieving unique dynamic tonal shifts, and an alternative to conventional signal processors, such as equalizers and compressors.
Unlike ordinary equalizers, Epoch applies its effect according to the dynamics of the program material, similar to how a compressor/gate works.
Compared with ordinary compressors: Epoch provides a greater range of tonal color, and Epoch is more reactive to its input signal than a typical static filter or equalizer.
The heart of Epoch is a high-precision comb filter employing a multi-resolution FFT phase rotator and a fractional sample delay. Epoch's effect is regulated by a dynamics section which has been specifically designed for Epoch.
Epoch will be available for OS X and Windows in VST, AU, and VST3 formats with pricing and release date to be announced."

I can't for the life of me imagine what this thing does to sound so I hope they at least post audio examples soon.

After all the uproar and cries of snake oil over their sophisticated fader plug-in I actually demoed it and I'm convinced there is something there. It's subtle but there is something sweet about the way it handles gain changes.

They offer a deal where you get Epoch for free if you buy Volt within the next couple weeks but I'd sure like to at least hear what Epoch can do first.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

I've got a feeling this thing will be just something extra special, that everyone will want a piece of.
EDIT:
Well I am demoing it as I write and if you've ever liked sleeping in silk sheets this plugin is for you.
It reminds me of some of the very best tape saturators.
You can get really great compression and produce a rather vintage tone without even trying.

It has some very cool internal technology, that also lends itself towards some completely different types of effects and a lovely skin. :love:

But the sound is like a velvet glove of refinement. This thing has much potential.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Sounds good but please encourage Cerberus to put up two or three audio tracks with an A/B comparison with and without the plug-in. I like Volt but I'm not sure I totally need it. If I liked the demos of Epoch enough, though, I'd probably go for the pre-release deal.

Thanks!
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

Absolutely.. huge fan of cerberus, use ice on every single track and it has saved my ear so many times, and bought volt to support them cause ice was just such an amazing freebie the likes of which i have wanted forever (and mac 64 too!)

They are *really* nice people through some email correspondence, and this new effect looks extremely interesting! I am definitely looking forward to it!

Have some of the coolest looking GUI's going too!

Want! But cannot get?

Still waiting for release date announcement. :(

The frustrating thing is that Volt is a well implemented plug-in, but it's just a fader. I think it's probably one of the most sophisticated faders ever created but...it' still just a fader.

If I buy Volt and am disappointed by Epoch (or just don't find a use for what it can do) I'm not sure it will be worth it to me. I need to know more about what Epoch really is capable of.

But but but.........hunterkiller says he's demoing :cry:

hibidy wrote:But but but.........hunterkiller says he's demoing :cry:
Beta, methinks.

Yes, beta at the moment.
It look gorgeous, and the concept is very interesting.

You can 'prepurchase' for $18 ie get it free if you buy Volt
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/epoch-dyna ... udio-22025
Amazon: why not use an alternative

HunterKiller wrote: Well I am demoing it as I write and if you've ever liked sleeping in silk sheets this plugin is for you.
This kind of horseshit rhetoric totally puts me off
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:This kind of horseshit rhetoric totally puts me off
I never let anything external to me, put me off from my goals. C'mon it's just a very nice product and I was saying it in my own way. :wink:
Last edited by HunterKiller on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i, for one, share in this enthusiasm. hunterkiller has heard epoch, and used epoch. also i want to mention that he sent us a test report which was astute and constructively helpful.
welcome to epoch
enjoy volt

cerberus wrote:i, for one, share in this enthusiasm. hunterkiller has heard epoch, and used epoch. also i want to mention that he sent us a test report which was astute and constructively helpful.
How does that help any of the rest of us? I'm sorry, but we don't know either of you personally. Will you or will you not post audio demos to give some kind of idea of what this thing does to the sounds it processes before May 1st?

If not, I can't do your $18 deal. Volt is nice, but it's a luxury I may never even use.

Return to “Effects”